Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
yes hello this is indeed the thread where you, the fine posters of The Ray Parlour, who I've been told are Good Lads Who Mean Well, can talk about the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

These four teams are still in the competition:

Atletico Madrid are definitely the biggest surprise of the competition. After winning their (admittedly easy) group, they managed to knock out noted Big Clubs AC Milan and FC Barthelona, advancing to the semi-finals where they will play Chelsea. Their excellent run in the Champions League is mirrored by their performance in La Liga, where they are currently top of the table with just four games left to play. Managed by Diego Simeone, their success is built on excellent teamplay, defending, Courtois being an outstanding keeper and Diego Costa scoring All The Goals, which means Chelsea will buy him in the summer for 69 million pounds.

Chelsea are a poo poo club managed by Jose Mourinho, also known as the biggest oval office in the universe. Unable to come up with tactics other than "park the bus", "complain about the ref" and "poke out eyes" and still playing Fernando loving Torrest, they lost to Sunderland twice this season, allowing Jozy "American Athelete of the Year 2013" Altidore to score his only goal of the season against them. What a joke of a club.

The first leg will take place on Tuesday, April 22nd in Madrid. The second leg will take place on Wednesday, April 30th in London. Jonas Eriksson will be the referee for the first match.

Hegay posted:

Ronaldo looked super inform tonight vs Borussia Dortmund, he is still world class.

You can see the spring in his step now that he's back in his natural winger position, after being played as a striker when Benzema was poo poo... he's back to his old self, Ronaldo will be a force this season along with Bale and the rest of the team - Real will be at the top of La Liga with a couple of points to spare by May and Ronaldo will be the main reason for it.

We've been in more European Cup finals than any other team in the past 9001 competitions, we've been in 11 finals, and we've won 9 of them... we've finished top of the competition at some point in the distant past and we'll finish top of this one too.

Of course - Real being the team everybody loves to hate and under-rate (despite our evident success)... nobody is going to want to admit it, but you're going to see another Real Madrid final in the 13/14 Champions League, Ancelotti is hungry, Bale is hungry, Ronaldo is hungry, what's for dinner? Munich tapas?

If you're a neutral or if your team has already been eliminated from the competition, you should definitely consider rooting for Bayern as they are definitely Cool and Good.
The reigning champions eliminated Manchester United in the quarter-final - two tough matches against a team managed by football genius David Moyes and led by Brave English Lion and noted One Club Man Wayne "Wazza" Rooney. Bayern manager Josep "Pep" "Blood Bags" Guardiola of course has loads of experience with Real Madrid, having faced off against them plenty of times during his time as Barcelona manager. Bayern secured the earliest ever championship in the Bundesliga in March, meaning they can focus completely on the Champions League (let's not talk about the fact that they've been playing mostly lovely after winning the title).

Cristiano Ronaldo missed the second leg against Dortmund, but he's recovered from his injury and can play against Bayern. The Germans will still need to do without Thiago and Shaqiri, among others, but can probably count on Neuer again, who's been injured for about a week.

The first leg will take place on Wednesday, April 23rd in Madrid. The second leg will take place on Tuesday, April 29th in Munich. Howard Webb will be the referee for the first match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

in the op, voted 5 also lol

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I can't wait to see Mourinho park the bus for 180 minutes and win the tie 2-2 on away goals

Also looking forward to Lahm making 500 sideways passes (100% completion) after getting dropped on his rear end by Ronald twice and then have to join Pep on his sabbatical next year

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atletico Madrid x Chelsea - Eriksson (SWE)
Real Madrid x Bayern Munich - Webb (ENG)

As bad as Webb has been in the Premier League this year, UEFA/Collina have apparently rated him very highly in Europe. A 3rd round game, 3 group stage games, a round of 16, a quarterfinal, and now a semifinal for him. That's a lot of Champions League.

(Also probably means someone like Atkinson or Dowd for Liverpool/Chelsea this week)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Here are the teams that I would like to win for this round of the UEFA Champion's League sponsored by Gazprom:

Madrid

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I hope Courtois plays and has a MOTM performance and makes Mourinho cry

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
I....I want to see Real win the Treble...:negative: If only for my love of Xabi.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

aellisr posted:

I....I want to see Real win the Treble...:negative: If only for my love of Xabi.

Once he wins the treble he's gonna go back to Liverpool until he retires.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Smeef posted:

Once he wins the treble he's gonna go back to Liverpool until he retires.

A man can dream, op.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Lots of memes and funny numbers OP, voted five (5) just five (5).

Also go you Bayern soccer mens I love you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Bayern are going to go balls in. Win it back to back gents.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
im cheering for john terry to get booted in the face again

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
As long as a Madrid team wins it idc actually i also dc if bayern munich win it who cares

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Both the Madrid teams are going through, quote this when it happens ftw :twisted:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I like Philipp Lahm but don't like Bayern München.

I hope Atlético win the whole thing.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Chelsea tbh

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Chris de Sperg posted:

I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Chelsea tbh
This but also I don't really want the team ago won it last year, or the team who have won it 9 times, to win it again.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I want Atletico to beat Real in the final and then also win La Liga.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Machinegunboyo posted:

Both the Madrid teams are going through, quote this when it happens ftw :twisted:

I'm quoting this now.. because it will happen OP, it will. I believe this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Real Madrid!! Real Madrid!!! *bangs forks and knives on table* REAL MADRID!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Atletico Madrid x Chelsea - Eriksson (SWE)
Real Madrid x Bayern Munich - Webb (ENG)

As bad as Webb has been in the Premier League this year, UEFA/Collina have apparently rated him very highly in Europe. A 3rd round game, 3 group stage games, a round of 16, a quarterfinal, and now a semifinal for him. That's a lot of Champions League.

(Also probably means someone like Atkinson or Dowd for Liverpool/Chelsea this week)

Webb has been absolutely brilliant in Europe imo. Best ref this year easily.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll take any winner aside from Chelsea and Sergio Ramos. gently caress Chelsea and Sergio Ramos.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

A Chelsea Bayern final would be amazing :getin:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Soulex posted:

A Chelsea Bayern final would be amazing :getin:

Do you remember the last one you retard no it wouldnt

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I really want a Real Madrid - Chelsea final and then have Ancelotti laugh in Mourinhos face hahaHAHAHA just thinking about that... drat! :getin:

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Hegay posted:

I really want a Real Madrid - Chelsea final and then have Ancelotti laugh in Mourinhos face hahaHAHAHA just thinking about that... drat! :getin:

this is the ideal outcome imo

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I'd enjoy seeing Atleti pull off a league and Cup double, I really really would

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's Courtois' status for tomorrow? He is going to play, right?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

Hegay posted:

I cant wait to taste your delicious tears

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

I'd enjoy seeing Atleti pull off a league and Cup double, I really really would

Same OP

northward posted:

I cant wait to taste your delicious tears

What team are you a fan of, if you don't mind my asking?

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 21, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Really good OP, Im getting a stiffy just thinking about it. Carletto just laughing, his one eyebrow breaking free of spacetime tracing "ZERU TITULI" across the universe while Mourinho makes a fool of himself.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Really good OP, Im getting a stiffy just thinking about it. Carletto just laughing, his one eyebrow breaking free of spacetime tracing "ZERU TITULI" across the universe while Mourinho makes a fool of himself.

I had forgotten all about "ZERU TITULI", thanks for reminding me.

Also I would greatly approve of Atlético Madrid winning both La Liga BBVA and the UEFA Champions League with Gazprom/Sony/Heineken/MasterCard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd really like Atletico to win to stop La Decima*

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
As long as neither "Mou" or "Pep" wins.

ABMoP

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Anyone but Bayern, Mourinho, or CRonaldo / Pepe. Spanish final would be nice, though.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

I just hope Bale does a real good thing on Wednesday

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'd be happy to see Atletico win this.

This Munich side is also pretty good and reasonably likeable, I wouldn't mind it if they were the first team to win the Champions League back-to-back.

Madrid would be okay because Bale and Ronaldo score some insane goals and the team is fun to watch.

gently caress Chelsea.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I would like it if Madrid Athlete Co. win the ECL (European Cruciate Ligament)

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

I would like it if Madrid Athlete Co. win the ECL (European Cruciate Ligament)

Troy Queef posted:

I had forgotten all about "ZERU TITULI", thanks for reminding me.

Also I would greatly approve of Atlético Madrid winning both La Liga BBVA and the UEFA Champions League with Gazprom/Sony/Heineken/MasterCard.

These posts stink and aren't funny.

But anyway, go Madrid 'n all that. Don't know why Bayern are "cool and good", they've got Pep as manager and won the loving thing last year, have barely broken a sweat in the past two years, and don't look like they're going to stop any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Anyone but Bayern please. They are boring as poo poo, and are completely loving arrogant.

Would love if it was Atletico, and they pulled a double.

• Locked thread