Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Dacap posted:

It's more different than that. The page before he has his normal look with the kinda spiky shoulder pads and larger shin guards. On the next page the shoulder pieces are gone, the shin guard design changes, the spider logo is different and he has the new mask with the spiky mouth. He looks much more "streamlined" and less like a dude in black tactical armor.

Does Venom not have a shapeshifting costume anymore? Brock did the same thing with Zubaz pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Waid should always do a prelude or epilogue to an event. Uatu & Nova was amazing like his Hank Pym comic.

No, because the event never lives up to what Waid did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Does Venom not have a shapeshifting costume anymore? Brock did the same thing with Zubaz pants.

No, he still has the alien suit and it changes a lot in the course of the story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A better question about Venom in Guardians of the Galaxy is when exactly did that happen? Did I miss an issue somewhere along the way like a special or something? Also where did Angela go?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

A better question about Venom in Guardians of the Galaxy is when exactly did that happen? Did I miss an issue somewhere along the way like a special or something? Also where did Angela go?

Venom joins up in the FCBD issue. I guess they figured it didn't matter to them at this hit a week & a half early.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

How do I get a glow in the dark Watcher eye?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Venom joins up in the FCBD issue. I guess they figured it didn't matter to them at this hit a week & a half early.

Oh, so Bendis is no longer content with time fuckery just in the comics then.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

I like how Nova's current arc has been taking place on Knowhere, the severed Celestial head space station introduced (I believe) during DnA's cosmic run. Yet meanwhile, over in GotG, Bendis has part of his story taking place on Knowhere, but it's a planet. And it's the second issue where it has been referenced and drawn as a planet.

I like Bendis, but I wish they'd give Guardians to someone else. His work on it has been lazy as hell so far.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
It's kind of weird that he messed it up, since that's where they live in the first series. He must have read it, right?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

It's kind of weird that he messed it up, since that's where they live in the first series. He must have read it, right?

The explanation is probably that the wiki article said they lived on Knowhere and didn't say anything about it being a celestial head.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I'm really starting to think he didn't actually read any of the DnA stuff, which will likely make any Richard Rider material he handles disappointing.

I sorta thought changing Knowhere to a planet might have been some retcon that editorial forced on them to bring the comic more in line with what the movie might do, but then Knowhere and Cosmo showed up in Nova in their full DNA glory.

:iiam:

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The editor and artist have a bit of responsibility here too.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'd question it more, but after the 12th "IM NOT A RACCOON!" I stopped giving a poo poo about how they approach continuity.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
To his credit, I don't think Bendis uses that gag.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Bendis practically invented that gag.

Flameingblack posted:

Why does it always have to be Wolverine? Why couldn't it have been...Anyone else? What is this, the 90's?

Look if you're gonna have a gratuitous crossover it's either gonna be Wolverine or Spider-Man and do you think Spider-Man's gonna commute all the way out to Jersey? He's gonna run out of buildings to webswing off of and have to take the bus home.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 24, 2014

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

TwoPair posted:

Bendis practically invented that gag.

Oh, well gently caress him then. I haven't noticed him use it, at least, but I haven't read anything he's done outside the main GotG series.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Teen girl heroines should team up with Black Widow and Spider-Woman instead. They're the best. (see Avengers Assemble 21-25)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
America Chavez, Kate Bishop, and Kamala team-up, please.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

You did one thread and now you'll be doing them forever :getin:

Works for me.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I didn't think anything out of Marvel's rebrand would irk me more than Punisher #1 (which has started to rebound a bit story-wise), but Elektra #1 certainly did with its HEY LOOKIT MY UNNECESSARILY LARGE AND FREQUENT SPREADS treatment.

The writing didn't really grab me, either.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
A friend of mine claims to have heard rumors that Dennis Hopeless, the hack, is planning to bring Alex Wilder back to life in his lovely Avengers Undercover book. Is there any truth to these claims?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I didn't think anything out of Marvel's rebrand would irk me more than Punisher #1 (which has started to rebound a bit story-wise), but Elektra #1 certainly did with its HEY LOOKIT MY UNNECESSARILY LARGE AND FREQUENT SPREADS treatment.

The writing didn't really grab me, either.

Uh. This is the weirdest complaint. It's really good art that fits the tone of the book and conveys the story well. What does it matter if there are two page spreads or not?

Angry Walrus posted:

A friend of mine claims to have heard rumors that Dennis Hopeless, the hack, is planning to bring Alex Wilder back to life in his lovely Avengers Undercover book. Is there any truth to these claims?

maybe

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I really enjoyed the first issue of Original Sin and surprisingly liked Nova in it. Is the main Nova series any good? I saw Gerry Duggan is now writing it, and I've been liking the current Deadpool run. Worth a shot?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I really enjoyed the first issue of Original Sin and surprisingly liked Nova in it. Is the main Nova series any good? I saw Gerry Duggan is now writing it, and I've been liking the current Deadpool run. Worth a shot?

All of Nova has been good. Yes, even the Loeb issues.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Angry Walrus posted:

Isn't that just picking up on a loose thread that Vaughan left from his run, though? One of his issues of Runaways ended with Alex trapped in some white, featureless void, rather than being dead.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Elektra was surprisingly enjoyable but if I'm honest, I'm more interested in her fabulously stylish contracts lady chum than Elektra herself.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Absolutely. Very fun book from issue 1, despite being written by Loeb and only getting better later on when Wells and later Duggan took over in my opinion.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm pretty tired of lovely ol' Brian Michael Bendis going around and drawing bad comic books. lovely ol' Brian Michael Bendis the lovely artist is almost as bad as lovely ol' Brian Michael Bendis the traffic manager who scheduled a book to come out ten days before Free Comic Book Day. But really that's Brian Michael Bendis's fault for scheduling Free Comic Book Day so late. Then again maybe if Bendis hadn't written and directed a stupid lovely Spider-Man movie they wouldn't have been in the situation.

Basically what I'm saying is that Bendis is terrible and all roads lead to him being a hack who is literally the worst writer (and artist/editor/publisher/distributor) in the history of the medium of superhero comics.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Ellis' Moon Knight #1 was the first floppy I've bought in years, and was so good I got angry because there wasn't another 50 issues for me to read immediately.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I really liked Elektra and thought the art was excellent. Can't wait until next issue to see Eletra fight a bunch of monsters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Man, it really sucks to be Bullseye. He probably wishes he was dead.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Wanderer posted:

America Chavez, Kate Bishop, and Kamala team-up, please.
Considering how many suggestions/calls for this I've already seen, you're in good company... certainly moreso than people who wanted to see Wolverine.

No idea how much Black Widow and Spider-Woman feature on Kamala's radar though, considering that to date we only got to see her "personal Trinity".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chortles posted:

Considering how many suggestions/calls for this I've already seen, you're in good company... certainly moreso than people who wanted to see Wolverine.

No idea how much Black Widow and Spider-Woman feature on Kamala's radar though, considering that to date we only got to see her "personal Trinity".

I could see Kate bringing Kamala home to meet Pizza Dog, and Clint asking if she ever wrote any fanfiction of him and being crushed when she says she didn't even know he was in the avengers.

Also, Jess is Carols BFF, so there's an in there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

twistedmentat posted:

I could see Kate bringing Kamala home to meet Pizza Dog, and Clint asking if she ever wrote any fanfiction of him and being crushed when she says she didn't even know he was in the avengers.

Also, Jess is Carols BFF, so there's an in there.

That fanfiction thing really is perfect for Clint.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Chortles posted:

Really, they ought to just have Kate Bishop going around to give all the new mutants/inhumans/superheroes her "being a superhero is awesome" talk from YA #1.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Trast posted:

That fanfiction thing really is perfect for Clint.

I have the sincerest wish that Loki upvoted Kamala's fanfic too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sentinel Red posted:

Elektra was surprisingly enjoyable but if I'm honest, I'm more interested in her fabulously stylish contracts lady chum than Elektra herself.

Yeah, I honestly was, too.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Deadpool posted:

All of Nova has been good. Yes, even the Loeb issues.

Decius posted:

Absolutely. Very fun book from issue 1, despite being written by Loeb and only getting better later on when Wells and later Duggan took over in my opinion.

Thanks for this guys, I just picked it up today and it's been great! I only started reading Marvel back when Marvel NOW! first started, and remembered people complaining about it so I just sort of steered clear. Its definitely been more fun/interesting than the opening of the Guardians series.

I also saw Annihilation Book 1 and Nova: Annihilation-Conquest were on sale for 1.99 on Comixology today, and picked those up too. Going to try to figure out how all these cosmic comics fit together.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I also saw Annihilation Book 1 and Nova: Annihilation-Conquest were on sale for 1.99 on Comixology today, and picked those up too. Going to try to figure out how all these cosmic comics fit together.

There's a really helpful reading chart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deadpool posted:

And why isn't Flash a moody recovering alcoholic battling for supremacy with the Symbiote anymore?

Out of all the Avengers to send to liase with the Guardians, Venom would be my last pick. Behind Hank Pym.

• Locked thread