Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
inFamous 2 is Zeke's redemption arc. He was a huge tool in the first game. Massive. Size of a Chrysler building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The main point of Zeke in iF2 is that he knows he hosed up big time, and he knows Cole is doing him a big favor just by continuing to associate with him. He's also starting to realize that there are a lot of things Cole can't do by himself, mainly anything involving the creation/maintenance of electronics or anything involving an active circuit. So he can be useful without killing a few thousand people in an attempt to get superpowers.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

You don't need to spoil that, it was in this game's intro.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

Small update: Jazz and I recorded the 3rd episode last week, but my audio got corrupted so I had to scrap what we had. We're planning on starting to record in bulk so we can release videos more regularly (weekly, I hope).

So, sorry about the long wait! We're not abandoning the LP; we've just had bad luck with scheduling and recording lately.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

:siren: New update! :siren:

Malicious (3) (COC Version)

Bad Karma 3

Flavor Text 2

We don't have a backlog of videos to do weekly releases yet, but the next time we release a video will start off the weekly release schedule.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So for the record the Ravager is a sad dude jokes wore out their welcome about two minutes before it actually died

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

That's too bad! We had fun with it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well yeah evidently but it was weird kid pulling legs off a spider kind of fun. Like it's dead, dude, leave it alone

So if Wolfe was at the house, what did Zeke find? Is that the bad karma mission or something?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
In the evil karma video, I like how right after telling Cole not to be a dick, and then he kills the civvie for the shard anyway, she calls him two seconds after it with the most disinterested sounding intro ever, like calling up an exboyfriend or something. "Hey.. Cole... so what're you doing..?"

Oh and thanks for the added effort of putting the pigeons in a separate video.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 7, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seriously? It's not like that truck came out of nowhere or anything. Just shockwave it aside, Cole! Geez.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

I did a really dumb thing and lost my save data, so today at 5:30 ET on my twitch channel I'm going to be streaming the game from the beginning, at least up to where I was. So if you're weird and want to see the same content twice, come watch!

If it doesn't take too long to catch up I'll also be recording some footage for future videos for me and Jazz to commentate over.

I asked Jazz if he was free to join me on the stream for commentary (I'm going to upload it to YouTube afterwards), but I haven't heard back from him yet, so anybody is free to join me on Skype to chat while I do this tonight. If you're interested in that, my Skype name is commoncoder.

Edit: Stream is over! It only took me an hour to catch up, which is pretty embarrassing since I started this LP three months ago.

Common Coder fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 28, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I do kinda wish they'd just gone with the real Confederate flag, but I understand why they didn't. But then, even if it did throw up a shitstorm, all publicity is good publicity, right?

Also, the Ravager being a sad dude was hilarious the whole way through, don't believe that Crane Fist guy. He's crazy. Obviously.

Edit: Please don't let this thread die Please don't let this thread die Please don't let this thread die Please don't let this thread die Please don't let this thread die...

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 30, 2014

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh sweet, this is one of my favourite games; it could have just been good but they made it great, though I will complain that there are two characters that are only good on one karmic path, mutually exclusive from one another. Otherwise, the writing and characterization are really sharp, miles and miles ahead of the unlikeable and insane assholes and over-elaborate offscrean conspiracies of the first game (fun as it was). My one complaint is that your basic lightning bolt is way less punchy than the first game, but that's pretty nitpicky. That and they overuse the heavy enemies, which depending on your karmic path some of them are a complete pain.

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?
I apologize for the lack of updates, its mostly my fault. A lot of stuff went down at the same time. We should be recording some more later this week/weekend.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

:siren: We're back! :siren:

For the next two videos we're going to be tackling side missions.
Side missions are a little different: commentary isn't going to be focused totally on the game (because we're bad at that when there's no story going on). Also thhere is only one version; no COC and non-COC.

Anyways, sorry it took so long! The second side mission video will be out next week along with the dead drops.

Let's Play inFAMOUS 2: Side Missions 1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, hey sweet! A new episode! I don't know how I missed this earlier.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Oh wow, I forgot about this thread, glad it didn't get sent to the lp depths like so many of the ones I've been following :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So does that "you killed my mother PREPARE TO DIE" woman say something different depending on your previous game's save, or were you always Cole the Destroyer?

Also, whiteface will start being problematic about the time Hollywood starts casting white people exclusively as clowns and/or mimes.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

Glazius posted:

So does that "you killed my mother PREPARE TO DIE" woman say something different depending on your previous game's save, or were you always Cole the Destroyer?

Well, this run-through ins't using my inFAMOUS 1 game save so I'm willing to bet she says the same thing every time.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Plus, Cole being good or evil before doesn't really come into it in that instance, as no matter what, Cole is blamed for the city being blown to hell at the beginning. It's kinda the catalyst for the entire plot.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

Also, whiteface will start being problematic about the time Hollywood starts casting white people exclusively as clowns and/or mimes.

It has to do with the "Food" choice from the beginning of inFamous 1. With an Evil choice it will be the same as it was in this video. With the Good choice (share the food with everyone) she thanks you, gives you a kiss on the cheek and then the mission ends

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

:siren: New video! :siren:

More side missions! Next time we should be back to the main story line.

Side Missions 2

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Brilliant reasoning on why it seemed familiar.

Common Coder
Jul 25, 2012

It was a bad joke, but it seemed familiar because we had done the barrel destroying mini-game(?) in the swamp. inFAMOUS 2 doesn't have a wide range of mini games. From what I remember, there's going to be a lot of those supercharging and destroy the barrel ones.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Common Coder posted:

It was a bad joke, but it seemed familiar because we had done the barrel destroying mini-game(?) in the swamp. inFAMOUS 2 doesn't have a wide range of mini games. From what I remember, there's going to be a lot of those supercharging and destroy the barrel ones.

Do you really expect them to :effort:? That's really hard to do :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I really wonder what that shockproof camera looks like. Is it on Cole's model anywhere?

• Locked thread