Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
Well, my cat's name is officially Princess Pearl, and I call her Pearl, Poliwhirl, Perloo, Duchess (I don't know why she gets two titles, she just does), Farty, Bunny and Rabbit. I probably call her Bunny and Rabbit more than anything else.

Conversations I often have with her:
Pearl: (miaows in a whiny voice)
Me: (imitates her sarcastically)

Me: Hello Bunny. Hello Rabbit. Mummy love. Affection. Yes, affection. Attention, attention. Ow. Sit down. No not there. Okay, that's nice. Hold still while I cut this lump out of your fur.

(She won't tolerate being brushed, but she will tolerate having mats snipped out, so that's what I go with.)

But the best was my old cat Meg, who was also known as Baby Jesus, and who had a special song that we sang to her whenever she had to take pills.
'Clever, strong, fighty, bitey, pill-taking little Meg.
(And then you fill in something that rhymes, and you keep going as long as you can, while Meg is just like 'I don't know why I'm getting all this attention, but I'm loving it.')
When you want your dinner, you come to us to beg.
At each corner of your body is a little leg.
Just like Irish fairy tales of the Tylwyth Teg.
(It would get obscure after a while.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

DicktheCat posted:

I tell my animals that they're all stupid fat shits and I hate them in the nicest voice.

I punch my cat in the face in super-slow motion and she rubs her cheek on my knuckles.

• Locked thread