Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

goldenoreos posted:

The new Uncanny Avengers issue this week was pretty interesting, though I fully expect that Havok's daughter will not be reunited with him when they return to the present.

She might as she is a Summers and they all come from alternate timelines and/or the future. Maybe she can return with Ian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, I more or less meant 3.

I kinda hope Rhodey ends up out in space with her at some point. Iron Patriot's not a bad book but I could stand to see more of Carol and Rhodey hanging out.

Carol, Rhodey, and Flash hanging out? Just sticking all the members of the armed forces in space?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

Man I don't want Hickman leaving Marvel for any amount of time.

I bet Jason Aaron takes the reins.

Bendis returns!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I love the art. Especially the scene where Jess asks the bomb if it has ever tasted caramel gellato.

I do not think the book would work as well as it does without the bit of cartoony art. The book is just so fun.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

God, there have been so many crappy Avengers stories that it was wise to keep the Marvel writers away from the movies.

But a marvel writer did write the Avengers movie. Also Thor 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Well Avengers 30 totally spoils an ongoing Hawkeye solo series mystery.

It might not have been a spoiler if the series came out on time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It's odd that Wolverine wants to go back before Rogue was killed, not Wanda. It was Rogue killing Wanda that screwed it all up for the final time.

But drat you Kang, i wanted to see Thor go apeshit.

Rogue is one of his good friends, and more loyal to her. Wanda is the one who said no more mutants.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Usually he's gone for a couple of years at least.

Not when he is going to be in a movie this summer!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Except, and this is something I hadn't thought of until Senor Candle posted it.

Suppose New Avengers #2 or 3 (whichever issue featured the mind wipe) even though it was published AFTER Avengers #1, was actually set before it.

IE the Illumaniti meet, assemble the Gauntlet, break it and mindwipe Cap.
Then after the mindwipe, Cap decides to put together a bigger, better Avengers. One that confirms to a Tony Stark/ Reed Richards design. Maybe it was Cap's subconcious defence to the Illumanti by creating a super-sized Avengers team.

Or, more worryingly, what if it was an idea implanted by Tony/Stephen/Reed to create a team of super-muscle that they will need in the future.

It was set before Avengers 1. Avengers 1 has him waking up from a dream of the mind wipe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Talking about Tony.

Well he only know of his actions during Civil War. He no longer remembers what he did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dr.Magnificent posted:

. The story is clearly the story of a group of people who started doing things in secret for the right reasons and how it eventually went off the rails, I just don't think its really a story I want in the Avengers.

I am pretty sure that it can't be any clearer then when they had Steve say that to them in the third issue. You also know that it is planned out and the rest of the Avengers are not going to be very very pissed off. We have seen a little of it, but I expect that poo poo will be going down at the end of his run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Today's Avengers was exactly what I wanted. And man did I love the hell out of that last Franklin moment.

Not only does he have a pet Galactus he has a friend in Groot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

It's possible that is what was meant, but I took it that with Franklin talking so much about the Forces arrayed against them and the people responsible for the incursions, those encouraging it and the Illuminati, that he was literally saying that Cap wasn't capable of beating the people responsible. Which I view as Horseshit, as Cap regularly does the impossible. I mean Infinity was all about the Avenger's defeating a universally uplifted race of godlike beings.
Granted this could have just been me misunderstanding what Hickman was trying to have Franklin say, but even still I think there are more straight forward ways of making the same point.

And even on that point, Cap isn't the knuckle dragging caveman that the story presents him as. He's willing to look at alternative ways of resolving disputes in manners that don't involve suplexing guys. If Franklin's argument is that Captain America will fail to resolve the Incursion stuff because he'll punch people first and foremost, he should just try rephrasing what he's saying and Steve will listen.

Unless this is supposed to be some Reverse Psychology thing where the only way to make Cap listen to reason is to imply that it's impossible for him to change this and that is what gets Steve to think outside of his normal operating procedure.

But either way, it still annoys me that Cap didn't even ASK about the bomb that had been put under his eye. It can't be a good, or healthy thing.

I think that right now Cap is so pissed at Tony, Reed and Co that all he can think about is getting even. Normally Cap would be able to figure out another way but right now he is so pissed that that he can only think of stopping them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Watch it be that they set off the bomb and somehow it set shockwaves and it caused the incursions to occur in the first place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

But at the same time, I like the Caselli issues and I love that it picks up all that poo poo that was left dangling: the Spear being an actual organization, all these Avengers that dropped off the other book after Infinity and plot points from Spencer's Secret Avengers.

The Lincoln Memorial joined the Avengers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It will be Aaron since all he is writing is Thor and Southern Bastards,

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

You know what we need? Avengers public relations, starring ghost kid Loki and Dazzler.

Dazzler is going goth.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

That image is not the new Avengers Now! Team. It's an image showing what characters will be important in that period.

Marvel released a similar image for The Heroic age that everyone thought was the new team at first but had characters like Thing and Gorilla Man that ended up not being in Avengers.

Thing did join New Avengers, but that title was so blah everyone forgot. I miss Agents of Atlas.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

Yeah but that was like 2 years later

He joined in New Avengers 1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Any difference whether to read A or NA first?

A is still Caps time travel adventure. NA is still NA v Justice League v Doctor Strange.

Secret Avengers is also still pretty great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

I want a What If issaue where Tiny "Zeus" Lister takes the detonator from Namor's hands, throws it into Gotham Harbor, sits down and silently awaits the inevitable.

What if Tiny Lister didn't commit mortgage fraud?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Incursion pips up and it's an Earth populated only be clones of Aunt May and Gwen Stacy.

Checkmate, 616.

All the Gwen Stacy clones are married to Norman Osbourn clones and Aunt May is married to Doc Ock clones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Is that actually in the regular universe and not the one thats gonna get flushed down the alternate timeline toilet?

What about the other 3 horsemen?

I believe so. I know that Draken and Grim Reaper are alive, but not sure about Banshee.
I expect that they will be part of AXIS.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Avengers has had some really loving good endings but #22's end is the heaviest thing they've done. Holy poo poo.

Yep the relationship between Black Panther and Namor is never going to recover.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

So who thinks Namor is going to be the guy who gathers up the new Cabal? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Strange joined them as well.

It would be a real Namor move to release Thanos, Proxima Midnight, Black Swan, and Corvus Glaive in Wakanda

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Man, the Illuminati are a big bag of dicks except for Namor if they are really this upset over what Namor did. This is the sole reason they formed. They built a huge supply of planet exploding bombs solely for this. Strange was trying to get god powers in order to destroy worlds.

At least Namor isn't lying to himself about his purpose there.

I think they are now more pissed over his actions during Infinity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

I think Hank's problem is that the abusive slap keeps being brought up by writers for some reason so in a self fulfilling prophecy, it's all he's known for.

It's the same poo poo we had pre New 52 with Donna Troy, where everyone wanted to be the one to give closure to her origins, just complicating things more and more each time.

The problem with Donna Troy was she had a great origin that was ruined due to crisis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo this issue was amazing. poo poo has gone down and almost everyone has got reality slapped in their face.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: If you think Doom will stoop that low and join his inferiors.

Though Valeria staying with him is all sorts of :3:

The best is how Doom demands that children always get a good night sleep.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Well, that ending was a kick to the nuts.

-Someone needs to just buy Black Bolt a dry-erase board to carry around.
-Why does three fingers extended mean "Namor"? Like a trident?
-That was a loving great issue from beginning to end.

Or have him hang out with Hawkeye and Barney.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Re. Doom & Valeria, is it just a long game 'gently caress with Reed' thing or does he actually genuinely care for her?

Hickman's run showed that he does care for her. The relationship has changed a lot from using her as a way to attack RICHARDS :doom:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Well that's really lovely but it also seems rather un-Doom, if you get me. Not complaining, mind, it adds nicely to what a hard to pin down character he is.

Did you read Hickman's Fantastic Four? Its perfectly Doom.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

When Doom finds out even the other rear end in a top hat team didn't ring him, he'll be all :doom:

Great issue.

This is why he was not invited by Namor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

You forgot the panel where Doom zaps Namor while making lovely puns.

True

and this

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. Until I see it happen, in my mind she's Doom's achillies heel. He could be holding the Infinity Gauntlet, use it to destroy Richards, then bring him back to life because he saw Valeria crying. He'd make a speech about how his victory was hollow and so forth and seeks only to defeat Richards at his own game, but we'd all know the truth: Doom has a heart and it breaks with the tears of little girls.

Even if he did do it he would regret it though and this could very well be a turning point in the character if it happens.

We saw what he did to his true love when sacrificing her would give him more power - he made a suit out of her and sold her soul to hell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I actually didn't really like the Waid run at all. I thought "true love of Doom" thing was dumb and out of place because it wasn't a major point before and was clearly to set up him 'killing' her so it felt really pointless

It has been a plot point since Byrne did his origin in 1985. I can see why some people could not like that storyline but why else would you dislike Waid's run?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

My memories a little fuzzzy but who all was at the table, who was to the right of thanos and that weird thing??

Overall Holy poo poo, Namor !

There needs to be a Namor was right t-shirt.

It Maximus, Proxima Midnight, Terrax, Corvus Glaive, Black Swan.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

For all you know this is a long con by Black Bolt as he will be informed of what they are doing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yawgmoft posted:

The more I think about this issue the more the NA are pissing me off. As said above this whole time they've been staying in this game so that they could solve the whole problem, they finally get their hands dirty and then poof they become pathetic quitters willing to let everyone they love die and stop trying to fix the universe for their precious false morality. I hope the Cabal and the Avengers team up to throw the NA into the negative zone.

So the ones who show regret about having to kill earths should be punished but the ones that relish in it should be supported? They did make a mistake not bringing this to everyone, and that is the start of their downfall. However, this issue was all about them facing their actions and now are going to try to make up for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ultimate Fantastic Four said the only way that Universes can be saved is if Reed and Susan have a kid. The Ultimate Universe is trying to see if a Susan Ben kid can save it, and it seems that she can.

• Locked thread