Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I love that there's a book out there that namechecks Jacques Derrida, and then gives said Derrida analogue a gun that deconstructs reality by literally erasing stuff from the comic. Secret Avengers is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Mighty Avengers was so good I barely even noticed Greg Land's art.

I think what makes it work is D'Armata's coloring. The guy is much better than Guru eFX at making Land's art palatable.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
More scandalous is the fact Hickman is pushing his pro-Cat-Beast agenda when obviously Ape-Beast is the better design I mean it's how THE KING made him and who are you to doubt him

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

IUG posted:

I will say I love how destroyed Namor looks after taking that hit from Black Bolt. That's a good look of shock on his face. Speak of which, I think the tiny text said something like "Tell my brother Maximus for me... FAREWELL". I don't actually own a magnifying glass though.

It's "When you see my brother Maximus... Bid him...", to be exact.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Wait aren't the Ivory Kings the Beyonders Pym brought back? Can we drop the confusing nickname despite it being cool as heck?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
If you're not reading Captain America and the Mighty Avengers what are you doing?

They just brought back THE BEYOND CORPORATION™. It's great comics.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

vegeta dentata posted:

Maybe? It would explain this scene.

How? What's there to explain in that scene? It's the Illuminati watching an Earth being destroyed, with the "It was an Avengers world" catchphrase used for maximum dramatic irony.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I love that the tiny skulls are back. It just makes me so unbelievably happy.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Meanwhile Secret Avengers is just about to finish its assault on nerd ideology in an explosion of love and empathy. It's absolutely great. You should read it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
This is important.

NEW AVENGERS, THEN AVENGERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Kot co-wrote the final arc of Volume 2 with Spencer, in order to set up his volume. You don't really need to read it, just start at #1.

• Locked thread