Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

Namor is probably going to have sex with her at some point, I figure.

I think we have our solution to whatever is going on with the whole world's colliding thing. Whatever it is, even if its a concept or a being, just have Namor seduce it. It's like a living ultimate nullifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Marvel reader is pretty swank. I'm enjoying catching up on New Avengers and Avengers. Though I think I should get comixology to get other material outside of Marvel. It'd be great if Marvel could have an online bookstore that sells stuff from around the world. Maybe partner a bit with Amazon or something.

EDIT: This whole stockpiling weapons and things to save the Earth, isn't the prison itself housing weapons of the greatest kinds? Why not throw Thanos, Terrax, and company at stuffs? All the worlds that have fallen have Earth heroes fighting incursions. Where are the cosmic entities like Thanos or Galactus? Maybe Galactus doesn't give a crap but those dudes are kinda absent.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 3, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good point. Though the Everything dies thing Reed says is like bluntly calling out Thanos being the Avatar of Death poo poo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hey, another stupid thought, what is this "Wheel" that Swan blabs about? I might have missed it somewhere because I didn't start early enough but it looks like what Steve and Tony have with regards to Avengers rosters is a wheel that is ever changing and conceptual, and even Terrax says something about there being no constants, everything is variable...and even Franklin says "There are no rules."

Like, this is a running theme. Also will say, this Avengers team is something that is on par with the Justice League and this whole Crisis thing has been pretty awesome. Hickman's Avengers are the best I've read.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 3, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dan Didio posted:

Is that a question?

Kinda in that I was wondering what is the wheel that Swan refers to, if its already been told. I'm wondering if this whole thing might even be something the Avengers themselves set into motion with something as innocent coming up with a roster that looks like a wheel that can change and be in flux. Along with the whole nothing is concrete, everything is variable and open theme.

Just blabbing I suppose.

EDIT: And this rogue planet thing merged with the Earth, if there's an incursion, what if they blow that up instead to survive?

EDIT 2: So Swan is serving Rabum Alal, right? "He has needs greater than ours. We all serve the wheel." Well I'm going to say the wheel is the Avengers roster that is like a machine, ever changing, ever evolving. This is a stretch but either one set of Illuminati or one guy took charge of one world's Avengers roster or the wheel grew to beyond just heroes to encompass the Mapmakers and Black Priests and so forth and the machine is enacting what it is now designed to do. Part of the theme here is about everything changing, no rules, and being in flux and time fuckery. AIM created the Adaptoids that became the Mapmakers. The Black Priests are Doc Strange's thing after he's sold his soul to protect his world and it somehow came back to bite him in the rear end. It was said the Priests are defending their worlds. The Adaptoids go out and map more, exploring, scientific like what Scientist Supreme and AIM is after. Sorcerer Supreme, Scientist Supreme (Pym?).

What else is there? Have we been introduced to other parties and can we guess who they apply to in the current time? Because the Map Makers and Priests are in the future. The bullet planetoid sent to destroy Earth will be from the future...to prevent the Illuminati or Avengers from doing whatever it is they do that spirals out of control, the weapons they're building, etc. Rabum Alal is in the future somewhere or out of time or something. He's separated himself. I hope that name also isn't some kind of anagram or something.

Like if the multiverse is being destroyed...then what would happen if Thanos came into power and took control of the weapons and tools like the Mapmakers and used the wheel concept, he who craves and embodies Death and now is imprisoned amongst other universal horrors? Terrax just set up that the prison cannot hold them, ultimately they will break free and there will be a reckoning. Like, a dark Avengers wheel.

Just some train of thought, however stupid. Comedy option, this is all a game and test of survival from Arcade.

hope and vaseline posted:

All we know of the Ivory Kings thus far is that Black Swan's family are heirs to the throne of a hidden city which had a gateway into a multiversal library, the key was a gift from them. There's also a mention of the Ebony Kings; in the issue where the Illuminati are observing a Black Priest invasion, they sense them observing through the bridge, and mention if it could be the Ebony Kings observing them.

EDIT 3: OOH OOOH! Ebony Kings and Ivory Kings! We just had an issue where Namor and T'Challa watched the Justice League world together and the question was posed "In how many worlds are you king, T'Challa?" and his response was "Namor, do you want to know in how many worlds you are not?" So like, these dudes are Kings right? They'll do whatever to protect their kingdoms. Black Bolt is a King too.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 3, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Going off of that. We just had an issue where the Scientist Supreme killed some dude from Harvard for failure yet made it such that when AIM went out, they grabbed the Avengers from the alternate world and left ours unhurt "No killing right now. Clean up." Why can't that dude be a current member of the Illuminati/avengers using AIM's resources for some purpose? Everyone on the Illuminati is represented by the 4 big bads referenced by Swan in terms of type. Like if you've got this whole alternate universe killing thing going on, wouldn't one of them go "Hm. Let's send some Avengers/Robots out to the alternate worlds to see what the gently caress is going on? We can't do it, mebby robots/adaptoids?" and then it spiraled out of control.

The Illuminati is made of Reed, Tony, Beast, Banner, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Namor, Doctor Strange. Cap was once.

Sorcerer Supreme and the Black Priests: This one is Doc Strange easy. He's the magic.
Scientist Supreme and the Map Makers: Reed or Tony or Beast or Banner. Out of those who has the questionable morals to act the way he did? Reed right? I don't think its Banner though he did say Tony's been using the others designs too and Tony's the one who is also a builder/engineer. The dude is pretty tall in drawing and acts kind of civil, so Beast might be an option. I'm going to say this is Beast, he's the Science.
Ebony King and Ivory King: Black Bolt or Black Panther or Namor. Namor has some kind of code and was the jerk who kept pointing the Illuminati's poo poo out and Black Panther first rejected the Illuminati seeing it for what it was so it is tough to say even though they could do whatever to protect their Kingdoms. I think one of these is Black Bolt who has a reputation of doing dirty poo poo for the greater cause and his whole thing is being a King and leader doing things he may personally not want to. The other is Namor who also is willing to go dirty, like with Infinity and pointing Thanos to Wakanda. They're the Kings, I don't think this is actually the Panther.

We also did have the Builders who were Celestial like in that they chose what direction to take a world's species. Genetic and evolution stuff. That kinda ties into Beast and mutants. Like, the things the Avengers have faced are kinds of reflections or aspects of themselves.

So like you say it could very well be one world's Apocalypse. It'd also tie into Hickman's SHIELD as was pointed out earlier in the thread since he helped form the first Avengers and fought off the Brood invasion though funny enough that was to protect Earth and now its survival of the fittest. The dude has been there from the beginning. He is Rabum Alal the destroyer, the apocalypse. Thanos is the hand of death and Swan is a nihilist. It'd be kind of unexpected but it wouldn't be surprising.

EDIT: Each world had an Illuminati and Avengers right? What if this whole game was orchestrated by a world where Apocalypse, a first Avenger, was an Illuminati member and founder.

EDIT 2: AND if the theme of New Avengers is death and Avengers is life then is it not fitting that is expressed in survival of the fittest to live on as other things die? Apocalypse or something like him is def. The candidate.

I also wonder where Franklin is in all this though we have seen him. Or Kang and Reeds father.

EDIT 3: Oh poo poo son, that ending to New Avengers. After the usual superhero fight, hopefully we'll see what the "heroes" are made of but I'm wishing for team up to save everything. I wish this was a DC/Marvel event.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 3, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Anyone have a good clear art piece of Hickman's Avengers or Illuminati as a full team/roster? I'm having a hard time finding one and I was kinda hoping there'd be a Francis Yu or Copiel or Cheung or Immonen piece.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks!

EDIT: Black Swan also said "What if it had been the Sinnu Sarrum?" along with Ivory Kings. Man, this poo poo is awesome. I bought the Infinity complete collection and it is great.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 5, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Matlock posted:

Avengers AI makes me want one thing: a Doombot series.

Get a Doombot and a Sentinel with a few HERBIES and throw in Machine Man and Dazzler.

Fun.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man, like an idiot I just realized that the runaway planet from Avengers #24 was probably launched to destroy Earth abs stop the incursions. So there's also a threat within 616 that is also aware of the incursions.

I had figured it was sent from the future to stop the Illuminati from turning into the Big Bads of the story.

Guess where they jumped to with the time gem shenanigans.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Stark had concluded that the planet had been 'shot' at Earth a long time ago, so it wouldn't have been from the future.

And it was questioned. Shot from the future in the past and came in on the present. Should say the party responsible is from the future.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
New Avengers has been fantastic from start through now, imo. The Avengers also pretty good. I loved Infinity. This whole run is the best event I've read in Marvel or DC comics.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
A trio of swans, why can't it be the Cuckoos of enormous power?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm still waiting for them to let Doom in.

Doom would make everything better but what would end up happening is the members of the Illuminati are weak in Spirit and mentally defeated going in, Doom would push everyone over the edge into some darker poo poo. Strange already did himself feeling inadequate and Namor just acted but I'd think Doom would have escalated things a lot faster and end up taking the lead or they would end up following his thinking.

I still want to see him involved in the climaxes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here's hoping future Franklin is not the bad guy. Comedy option is this is the Beyonder's game as the last thread to pick up from the Illuminati mini. He's actually stuck in a bathroom and the whole world smashing poo poo is so he can find the same Peter Parker who guided him through his ordeal the last time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Did I miss something? Is the Earth gone in the Avengers issue? Just the fact that Cap is talking to future Franklin and the Avengers Machine is still going suggests things will go as they will and work out because the Universe exists.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Senor Candle posted:

Did you even read the issue?

Skimmed through it. Will read in detail when I get home.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's going to be a version of the Illuminati/Avengers that had Apocalypse as a member and leader my guess.

Earlier it was pointed out that the Kings and Mapmakers and Priests are all elements of the Illuminati. Maybe their origin is in the far future but sent to the past and involves a corrupted Avengers Machine/Wheel.

Thanos is the ace in the hole and difference maker.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 10, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

General Bort posted:

So this is very old, but Ex Nihilo tried to make Earth sentient.

Question. "Reproduction" still wasn't used in a Story, right? Or did I miss something?

Haha wow. That'd be awesome. Sentient Earth does battle and reproduces so we get two earths and the other is the back up. Self perpetuation. Just have migrations until you can solve the greater problem by way of super punching.

Ex Nihlo and Abyss need to factor in.

Edit: When Cap returns he needs to use the time gem to buy time and hold it by yelling THE WOLRD! Like Dio. If an Earth is in his universe then he should have some control over time space...unless the incursion points don't allow for proper crossover.

Or time loop in a bubble to run scenarios.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 12, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm interested in Avengers now but this current Hickman team has been amazing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

I don't think Avengers Now is actually a team is it?

Maybe I didn't read enough material but it says about adding Scarlet Witch and Medusa and Angela as example. I like the team, more women, but hope it'll somehow grow out of Hickman's model. He had some awesome characters.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This is team multicultural right? Maybe they ought to throw in War Machine and make that Avengers 4.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
One thing to keep in mind is how the conversation with Swan and Maximus went. What might be a bit more unique than other incursions on other Earths is that she is dealing with the Illuminati rather than just superheroes. The difference makers here were Kings. Black Bolt and Namor and TChalla who have to make decisions that break them personally but uphold the people and world they are to protect above them. Cap is the hero. The Avengers wheel is going to be instrumental and is likely in a way responsible for some of this. We see what happens in the future state of the Avengers Wheel and Machine what it becomes. I think we are going to Se the future state of the Illuminati soon. I still think an evil advanced Illuminati is behind it with the reflections of the Black Priests and Map Makers and Ivory and Ebony Kings which Swan has not gone in depth about.

And ultimately would not be surprised if adding villains like Thanos and Doom who have loose threads allow them to stop the incursions successfully. He is an ace and weapon the other world's have not had and those guys are willing to go a Hella far than Kings. It's got to be Cap that keeps them in check.

I hope Hickman does a Franklin and Sister series after this. He is an awesome development. I feel after doing what he did with Valerie and Franklin and is doing all this on Avengers he is setting the tone for Marvel like Bendis did in heyday with like Ultimate Spiderman. Crafting the next many years of vision for Marvel.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 31, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Question IRL posted:

But part of the thing is, the Illumanti talked to the lying liar who lies (and then tries weaselling her way out of it by saying she's not lying and that they've asked the wrong question.) and have just been focusing on how do we bomb away the next threat? At least the Great Society were open to trying new things. And not just going straight to Worldkilling.

I appreciate why people are saying that "at least the Illumanti are making a choice" but I still am against what they are doing. It's the problem that the "Intelligent" people have appointed themselves the only one to solve this problem, and fail to see that there are viewpoints they must be missing. That is the advantage that a team of 20+ Avengers would likely have in this situation (or even the Fantastic Four) in a wide viewpoint, that you aren't getting with the Illums.

And yes Reed and Co built the bomb. And a lot of blame has to go to them. But Namor still pushed the button in the end. So the blame has to go to him.

What I'm trying to say is, when Spider-man discovers that all you had to do to stop the Incursions is to spray webbing in the Big Bad's eyes, while Hyperion punches him in the face, Reed and Co are going to feel awfully dumb.

It will be when they realize all they had to do was bring Squirrel Girl in or tell Peter if he doesn't stop this Aunt May will die. Then we will get a whole level of retarded to save the day.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I really can't think of any of the empires or galactic entity that wouldn't destroy Earth. Hell, 616 is lucky as hell Galactus is out of the universe for now. It would be badass to see an incursion occur and Galactus is just bored off his mind on the other side "Oh hey this is my universe, about loving time".

You know if Galactic was here itt would be an all you can eat incursion buffet for him taking care of alt earths.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Franklin or someone like him is the counter. He creates universes. Life and death. Valeria is basically a smarter Reed with the morals of Doom. She'd blow up the other Earth before they know there's an incursion.

It's kinda messed up when the loving map makers are the most merciful group. They harvest a few supers and the Earth but they give the planet weeks to evacuate.

Good point. Franklin is the counter to Death. It's cool. He'd make a natural foe to Thanos.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Plus we know that it's not just a thing that happened, someone is actually behind this thing.

Why they haven't gone punch the Beyonder in the dick to solve everything is, well, beyond me.

Did they ever ask Black Swan to take them to Rabum Alal or whatever?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"Hmmm...Aunt May is in trouble. The Devil took my marriage...what else do I have to give up?"

*looks over at Felicia*

"No. It will be being written by Dan Slott until the end of time. My dignity and quality as a character."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Incursion pips up and it's an Earth populated only be clones of Aunt May and Gwen Stacy.

Checkmate, 616.

The needs of the many Gwen and May outweigh the needs of the one. Programming in effect. Power and Responsibilities. ..must destroy 616."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
...is this Uncanny XMen or Avengers or something? I must read this.

Also I remember that scene with Supes and Spidey. Lol at Venom being able to hold Superman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dr.Magnificent posted:

Namor and Black Panther have a long history of fighting each other. I'm pretty sure the first instance of Wakanda and Atlantis (nearly) having a war is from the Defenders from the 70s. I haven't read those issues, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of the Namor/Black Panther feuding is because of Priest's Black Panther. Priest used Namor as a contrast to Black Panther, as they are both king who will do whatever they can to protect their people, but they go about it in completely different ways.

Which by the way for anyone wondering Priest's Black Panther run is a must read. I think the best the character has had outside of Hickman. Find it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if any of Namor's comments stem from self loathing. He had to take action cause I get the guy has some nobility but he often has to sacrifice it for greater causes. The other thing is Namor pointing Thanos to Wakanda...I kinda see some wisdom that decision even if not heroic. Atlantis is a wreck but what else was he going to do? Tell them to go to New York? Wakanda is unconquerable and stands the best chance of holding Thanos and his Generals or driving them back. Smarter to point him there than elsewhere.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wouldn't be surprised if Strange left to take some kind of action of his own. If he was looking at the Black Priest Mask I wonder if he opted to try to take them out himself. And then only to find they'd be a reflection of him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If its an immature Galactus...maybe it's his teen daughter that Adam Warren wrote about. Ha!

Also are there multiple Franklins? Wasn't it mentioned there is only one of him?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

If that was mentioned, it was making GBS threads on decades of previous stories showing alternate Franklins including stories in F4.

I might be mixing it up with Nathaniel Richards. Reeds father who had to kill all others for Kang.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

Anyone else ever have the passing thought that Black Swan is another universe's Valeria only gone through rituals and stuff to make her Black Swan?

Edit: So it's entirely plausible that that world had a Richards.

Reed would recognize.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They're standing their ground, man.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Illuminati represent their Kingdoms and People of Earth. They took the responsibility for them to make harsh decisions. When faced with the end of the world they decided selfishly to save their own souls. The people of Earth 616 had no say if they were willing to die and there was no vote. As kings and leaders they should have carried the burden and gone ahead with it. Namor made the call and it was the right one to give them a chance at stopping the thing all together. The Illuminati lost focus though. They deal with incursions but how much time have they spent looking for Rabum Alal and the source?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cap has an unbelievable team to take care of poo poo. This is an amazing roster when full and holds a lot of interest potential if explored with the right writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hickman's been doing this since SHIELD. Cap's the difference maker. Hell, that's a version of the Avengers.

• Locked thread