Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Goatmask posted:

Was that Wundajin/Thunderer getting killed by the Cabal? Cos that would be amazing.

What's the deal with Molecule Man? Just a very powerful supervillain?

I think the art before Xorn/Zorn world was depicting the JMS version of the Squadron Supreme - Blur and Hyperion looked recognizable to me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Good thing they didn't actually come back with Pym I guess, yow.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well the Avengers are proper hosed.

On the plus side, Doom will save us all.

Given the harmonic mapmaker trap-setting in this issue; I think Doom is on his way to the same ambush - hopefully he fares better against the Beyonders than Captain Britain or the Builders.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Speaking of, wasn't there mention of a Beyonder of another universe being killed by Sol's Anvil or something like it in Hickman's FF run?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

The abstract of Death was missing from the Beyonder-murderfest; I'm wondering if Death from some other universe got the whole incursion ball rolling and is opposed to the Beyonders in general (Death is universe-specific right?).

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

I was just reading Secret Wars 3 (FF #316-319 or so) and in retrospect Shaper of Worlds sounds very naive:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

I also like how its implied no one will ever see Beyonders because their home universe is just too dark.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm trying to think back but the Watchers haven't shown up once, right?

Only place I can think of is when Iron Man found the Living Tribunal on the moon in NA #8 or so - Uatu was there at the time.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

BP's lifeboat looks familiar...

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

PelvicNerve posted:

Is this some inception/weird causality poo poo?
If Rabum Alal is the 616 version of that character, did his recent journey back in time make him RA?

Yeah, that's my interpretation.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

It (the theory) also dovetails with the mysterious domes appearing over each incursion site.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

PelvicNerve posted:

I was reading a non-Avengers book today and it tied very heavily into our stuff. Even the name of the book is kind of a spoiler.

Miles Morales ends with everyone going "why is there a second Earth in the sky?"

I guess it's the first incursion to hit 1610 and the Bendis series covers how they go from this one to the very last incursion.

I might be reading it wrong and it might be the very last one though.

Hickman also cameos:

Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 9, 2015

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

PelvicNerve posted:

So, after reading Mighty Avengers, it seems next issue takes place during the time skip and is about Mighty vs Illuminati.

Is it me or did the current arc kind of tie Nextwave and Hickman's stuff together? They never flat out say the Beyond Corporation is made of Beyonders, but they do come from outside (beyond) the Omniverse. That kind of sounds like our guys.
I'm not saying this is some hard canon, just that it looked like a funny, roundabout reference.

It was pretty explicit I thought - "Quantrell" mentions Beyonders last issue as a name for his kind, and this issue he says that there are others from Beyond that "have plans". Agree though that it's not more of a tie-in beyond (no pun intended) Time Runs Out giving Ewing the story latitude to reintroduce and resolve Nextwave's events.

Crusader fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

New Hickman interview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/this-is-battleworld-hickman-brevoort-discuss-secret-wars-1

quote:

So these characters are sole survivors of the Marvel Universe?

Hickman: "Secret Wars" is just really seven more issues of them hanging out on the space ship.

• Locked thread