Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I find myself really disliking cap right now in Hickman's Avengers. His blind devotion to getting back at these guys that mind wiped him at all costs kind of makes him a dick, while that is perfectly in character for Batman it is not for Steve Rogers.

I love everything else though, so I can forgive his characterization here, unlike in AvX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Gatts posted:

The Foreigner Belt idea is the best idea. I look forward to this Wednesday.

Aqua teen hunger force would probably sue since the mooninites already used that idea.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

4chan got the leaked final cover for the All New Avengers FCBD:
Thor, Kamala, Nova, Vision, Iron Man (Normal), Captain Falcon, Miles. No surprises.

Oh, also written by Waid I dunno if that was known yet.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 26, 2015

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Adventure Time did the same thing with Finn. They showed future Finn and alternate reality Finn with no arm and then he lost his arm more than once.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Wizard was definitely reporting on AoA before it hit and I feel like everyone either read Wizard or knew someone who did if they were into comics. I'm also fairly sure the comics themselves started talking about it at least a month or so beforehand. Generation X #4 definitely has a bit with Jubilee reading the "next month" blurb (which would be fore Generation Next #1) and commenting on how it sounds bad.

Yeah I knew AoA was coming from Wizard. Reading now that people were caught off guard or by surprise is news to me. Just like everyone knew Superman was dying 3 months in advance.

The only comic that has ever surprised me with a status quo change is and will probably only ever be Exiles #4 and I'm certain that's only because they solicited #5 and said nothing in the solicits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

If it makes you feel better think about how many writers fade back into obscurity falling back into their day jobs after brief forays into whatever fame you get as a comic book writer. What's Sean McKeaver do now?

Edit: I guess that's a step up from English teacher, no offense Benito.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 9, 2015

• Locked thread