Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamizander Rey
Jul 14, 2004
Gentlemen! Chop off my head with such velocity, that the blood gushing from my neck propels my lifeless body all the way to Phoenix!

SirDan3k posted:

That is why Doom killed them all. He blew up their universe with one of their own universe destroying Molecule Man bombs hidden in a building they couldn't see into.

I don't think the Beyonders have any involvement in battle world, it's just all the multiverse's arks smushed together. It's the universes trying to recover.

Is this confirmed anywhere or are we all rolling with this? I didn't take that from the issue at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamizander Rey
Jul 14, 2004
Gentlemen! Chop off my head with such velocity, that the blood gushing from my neck propels my lifeless body all the way to Phoenix!

SynthOrange posted:

Man, usually I enjoy working things out but yeah the NA issue, the final where Doom throws a whole bunch of universes at the Beyonders could have been slightly clarified. Just a little bit.

Yeah, I can see what Madrox is saying about there being a bunch of Molecule men inside the library, but not so much where everyone thinks the library included bunch of universes inside it. Everything everyone was upset about was off panel, so we don't really know what happened. I'm just looking for something a bit more solid.

Actually, found this explanation on NeoGaf which explains it all perfectly for me:

quote:

"Strange and Doom never actually mention what they see when Doom cracks open the floor. I believe that all the clues of what they saw are littered across the book.

The comic never reveals whats in the floor. You just see purple energy flowing out of it and Strange being absolutely appalled. He can't even muster a "Hoary loving Hosts of Hoggoth."

In the final pages, you can see that Doom throws some sort of building at the Beyonders, it begins to crack open and something emerges in the final panel heading towards the Beyonders rift. The dialogue stating "I throw back in your face".

I propose that in that floor container were the hundreds of thousands of the Molecule Men that Doom and the Black Swans had murdered.

In Doom's boasting when he confronts the Beyonders, "I have taken what is yours and made it mine.", he's not referring to the Owen Reece of 616, he's referring to all Molecule Men across the multiverse that he's collected.

His plan was to blow them the gently caress up with their own weapon at their point of origin.

How can you prove this?
The first molecule man voluntarily lays down in the middle of a symbol and stabbed with a buoy knife. If you look at the panel where Doom is first introduced to the library, the holy of holies room has that same symbol on the doorway. I think the buoy knife, the symbol and the room have a connection, why else is doom just running around stabbing Reece's with the same thing?

Doom is shown what the plan is when the Reece's say:
"He [Doom] doesn't understand it yet."
"Of course not. Explaining it isn't enough."
"No we have to show him".
After stabbing the first Reece, they go to the library where MM says they're unobservable from anything. This is where the other MM's are ending up.

When Doom opens up the floor in front of Strange the purple energy similar to all of how MM's powers have been colored through the whole storyline are rising out. Chronologically, Doom's just explained that Reece is a multi-universal Nuke and then points down into what he's collecting.
" Come and look Stephen. Do you see? Do you understand?"

Why did the Black Swans turn away?

In meeting the first Black Swan:
"Why'd you hurt that man?"
"Because THAT MAN was unwillingly going to hurt us all"
Doom taught the Swans that MM's had to die because they will be a danger to everyone.
Later as the religion grew you see a Black Swan Stabbing a MM in the back with the knife with Doom's dialogue: "Acting on what you believe has a way of solidifying dogma. It changes the way you think. It changes the way you speak."

So blindly following this, it warped their views and grew the religion.

When the 5 Black Swans peeked into the holy of holies room:
"What did you do that made them turn from you?"
"There was nothing done...It was something seen.

What the Swans witnessed in that room was that this great evil they thought they were protecting the universe from, were being collected by the thousands by Rabum Alal. They were lied to.

What was Owen's reaction to the plan?
"It's genius. It's insane. ITS PERFECT."
Owen even says "Hello. Hello. Hello" He's not saying it three times because he's losing his sanity. He's saying Hello to the hundreds and thousand of his dead self. When Strange contests. Owen Says: "Hey! its got MY seal of approval".

The explosion either caused other multiverses to explode due to it, or the bodies of the MM's weren't actually dead until that point and then upon exploding in front of the Beyonders caused the ends of those hundreds of thousands of worlds Reed mentions on the last page. "drat your cause. drat the cost"

I'm thinking the fade to white panels either the plan failed, the beyonders weren't all killed, the detonation was too early or was larger than Doom had thought. It's not his first time miscalculating an explosion."

Tamizander Rey fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 1, 2015

Tamizander Rey
Jul 14, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it was just the energy. When MM kills one and when we meet the first swan after Doom kills another we're shown no body remains.

Possible, but why would Dr. Strange be rather shocked at a lot of energy?

• Locked thread