Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Fat Ogre posted:

What I am saying is there are ways around it if you put thought and effort into it instead of rolling the dice and gambling on not getting sick so you can get your grad degree and then hopefully get that job related to your science degree once you get your PHD and hopefully you'll get tenure and that you'll never have a serious accident or illness that entire time. Also hopefully your spouse will have decent healthcare in the meantime if you want kids etc.

What?

Fat Ogre posted:

It is about priorities in life and working in a given system.

Privatized college tuition and healthcare a like ponzi schemes, but have the problem of actually being necessary. If you are talking about exploiting it, then it's better to ditch your American citizenship once you're done.

Fat Ogre posted:

How many of you saw people that were the first in their family to ever go to college and they went for an arts degree thinking, "I'll study what my passion is!" Hell I've even seen it with some of the science degrees. How many Anthropologists, Archaeologists, Paleontologists, Sociologists, Psychologists etc are really needed? Yet why do people keep getting these degrees?

Do you have a degree in a STEM related field? If so, take a picture of it so that everyone in this thread can see you're not full of poo poo. You honestly don't know what you're talking about. Not everyone can be an engineer. It's an extremely unreasonable expectation to be put on society.

Fat Ogre posted:

Until we fix our healthcare system and fix the issues with student loans people need to wake the gently caress up and stop loving themselves over.

Going to college = loving yourself over. You've heard it here first folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Americans can't even vote for people who aren't lovely politicians, and they certainly can't balance their own checkbooks. What makes anyone think they could come up with individual solutions regarding our healthcare crisis?

• Locked thread