Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ECW - Tuesday, Week 2, January 2010
Announce team: Jim Ross and Matt Striker
From the Bob Devany Sports Center in Lincoln, Nebraska

Dark Match: Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu beat the New New Rockers (Nick and Matt Jackson) in 4:36 when Goldust defeated Nick Jackson by pinfall with a Golden Age. C

Dark Segment: a hype video was played, showing three mysterious men of different heights in black masks and bodysuits, as Night On Bald Mountain played. The video cut to black and the words THE MACHINES ARE COMING flashed onto the screen. A+

Dark Match: Luke Gallows beat The Great Khali in 3:32 by pinfall with a handful of tights. C+, there were complaints that not enough selling was shown.

The show began as Christian, ECW Champion, came out to cut a promo.

"William Regal and Batista came out here and said they are the most hardcore people in WWE. Now, all you Peeps know a ladder match veteran like me knows hardcore like the back of his hand. But I'm not here to talk about me. I'm here to talk about a good man who was put into a bad situation. That man is Tommy Dreamer, the man who INVENTED hardcore! Tommy Dreamer did not get a fair fight last week. He got a mugging, a gang beating from a suit-wearing coward and a man who says he's the one man wrestling encyclopedia, but wouldn't know Robbie Brookside from Tommy Cooper! And I want to fix that injustice, tonight! Let's see if Batista and William Regal strut so cockily when they don't have the numbers advantage!" B

Beth Phoenix beat Mickie James in 7:55 by count out. C+, Beth and Mickie do not click.

We cut backstage as Joey Styles interviews the Old Dragons, Jimmy Wang Yang and Jamie Noble.

"We ain't exactly spring chickens, but Jamie and I still know how to rock and roll! See, I'm a little bit country..."

"...and I'm ALSO a little bit country!" C+

Backstage, we see Paul Burchill and Lady Mary Killegrew Burchill sharing a bottle of rum and sloppily making out. B

Pirate Paul Burchill beat Shark Boy in 7:41 by submission with a Main Sail. C+

A short promo video was aired for the WWE Title match at the Royal Rumble. Sheamus was shown training in a run down boxing gym, while Kofi was shown doing endurance training and stretching. A

Christian and Tommy Dreamer beat #Villains(William Regal and Batista) in a Hardcore tag team match in 16:48 when Christian defeated Batista by pinfall with an Unprettier. A

After the match, Batista and Regal grab handcuffs and handcuff Christian to the post. Regal and Batista proceed to destroy Tommy Dreamer with kendo sticks while Christian is unable to help. B+

B, this show might have hurt our popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Machines Are Coming eh? Interesting.

Also, my one regret in any Kofi vs Shamus feud is that there's no way for Kofi to CROSS COUNTER the Brouge Kick with Trouble in Paradise.

WHY CAN'T THIS WORLD RUN ON VIDEO GAME/ANIME PHYSICS? IT'S SO CRUEL!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Does the game give any indication if Burchill's matches aren't going over because he's no good or because we're feeding him our very shittiest workers?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Does the game give any indication if Burchill's matches aren't going over because he's no good or because we're feeding him our very shittiest workers?

He's ranked as an Opener, so maybe they're too long?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

At least make him at least a Lower Midcarder if you don't want the game to say "he's a jobber, you put him in a 10 minute match, the crowd is chanting Fire Russo" after every one of his matches.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Smackdown - Tuesday, Week 2, January 2010
Announce team: Michael Cole and Matt Striker
From the Bob Devany Sports Center in Lincoln, Nebraska

Dark match: Edge drew with Christian in 17:36 following a double count out. A, they have great chemistry.

The show begins with Chris Jericho in the ring. "You know, Undertaker, I've fought a lot of guys, but I've never tapped out a guy your size. Well, thank goodness I got myself a match against your little brother tonight, so I can see just how much punishment those tree trunk legs will take, before they snap!" A+

Finlay and Great Khali beat the New New Rockers in 8:10 when Finlay defeated Nick Jackson by pinfall with a Celtic Cross. C

Abraham Washington interviews Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu about their upcoming match. Goldust is for some reason putting on a Dusty Rhodes voice.

"You know I ain't much for country muthic, daddy, but I been in mah fayuh shayuh of fahts in honky tonks, and I know how dem cats fight, and believe you me, thothe pleatha wearin washed up bah band wannabeth ain't pinnin the Tintheltown Dweeeem, NO WAY NO HOW, BAYYYYBEH!"

Yoshi Tatsu is simply confused by Goldust's accent. C

Alicia Fox and Beth Phoenix beat the Bella Twins in 7:32 when Alicia Fox defeated Nikki Bella by pinfall with a Spinning Heel Kick. B-, Alicia was off her game, but she and Beth make a great team. The match suffered because not enough selling was shown.

Hype video for Raw: "When Randy Orton and Legacy bear down on the challenger for the WWE Championship, can Kingston survive a Viper's Strike?" A

The Old Dragons beat Yoshi Tatsu and Goldust in 12:37 when Jamie Noble defeated Yoshi Tatsu by submission after blatantly cheating. C+

Lady Mary Killigrew Burchill and Pirate Paul Burchill came out to the ring and Lady Mary began to cut a promo.

"There ain't a scurvy dog on this show that can beat my Paul! An' if a man in here thinks they can, I dare 'em to walk the plank with The Pirate Paul Burchill!" C+

Pirate Paul Burchill beat R-Truth in 4:41 by pinfall when Lady Mary Killigrew Burchill interfered. C+, Lady Mary did good work at ringside.

Hype video for next week's ECW. "With the Royal Rumble only days away, Tommy Dreamer faces Batista in a hardcore rules match for a spot in the Royal Rumble! Can the Innovator of Violence defeat The Animal?" B+

Matt Hardy beat Vladimir Kozlov in 7:50 by pinfall with a Side Effect. C+, They have no chemistry.

CM Punk and Luke Gallows come to the ring, and CM Punk begins to speak.

"When I come out here and look into these crowds, I see a people yearning for redemption. I see the hollow eyes of haunted men and women pining for a savior to soothe their souls. I see junkies and drunks and smokers who clambered here in their mottled, broken carcasses out of some far flung hope that they can find a way out, and I truly believe that I can be that way out. I can be your savior, you just need to trust in me! I can deliver you from your vices, I can be your strength in weakness, just trust in me!"

Chris Masters' music plays, and he walks down to the ring. He stares down Punk for a while, before falling to one knee.

"Punk, I have a secret I just can't hide anymore. For years, I've been polluting my veins with junk, gas, juice, STEROIDS! I'm a juicer and I... I just want to stop! Please, Punk!"

Masters breaks down into tears, and Punk falls to a knee, and begins to comfort him.

"I'm glad you trusted me with this. I know you must be feeling so weak right now, but trust me. Trust me, and I will be your strength. Now repeat after me...

I pledge allegiance..." "I pledge allegiance..."

"To the flag..." "to the flag..."

"of the Straight Edge Society." "of the Straight Edge Society."

"And to the philosophy..." "And to the philosophy..."

"for which it stands." "for which it stands."

"One nation, Under Punk" "One nation, Under Punk"

"Indivisible." Masters can barely be heard through his tears. "Indivisible."

Masters, Punk, Gallows, and no small portion of the audience say the next line in unison.

"With integrity and sobriety for all."

"Now get up, and be born anew... Andrew Masters."

Masters and Punk rise to their feet. As Luke Gallows sits Andrew Masters in the barber's chair to shave his head, Punk begins to speak.

"Do you see? Do you finally see? The Straight Edge lifestyle is the only road to inner peace, and the longer you deny that, the longer you will remain mired in your own sloth and addiction!" B-

Michelle McCool beat Maria in 2:44 by count out. C+

Josh Matthews interviewed the Hart Foundation.

"We're gonna get those tag team titles if we have to kick DX to Sasketchewan and back to get 'em! And why's that, Dave?"

"BECAUSE WE'AH BIZZZAH!"

"No, because we're Canadian! Because we're Harts! Because we're family!" C+

Chris Jericho beat Kane in 12:35 by submission with a Walls Of Jericho. A, they have good chemistry, but there was not enough selling shown.

After the match, Jericho keeps the Walls of Jericho in and refuses to stop. The lights go off, the lights come on, and Undertaker is in the ring with the belt, right in front of Jericho. Taker floors him with the belt, and does the throat cut motion to end Smackdown. A+

B+

Board Meeting 4 coming soon.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm done with Paul. Send him back to developmental.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Board Meeting 4

Question 1: Triple Trouble

Triple H will be turning heel, and dissolving DX. after losing the tag team tiles. Who will feud with them for the titles in the lead up to the turn?

-Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, The Legacy
-William Regal and Batista, #Villains
-The Hart Foundation, Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith
-Other(enter suggestion)

Question 2: The Champ Isn't Here

John Cena does not currently have a feud. Who should he feud with in the coming months?

-Batista
-Randy Orton
-Carlito
-Edge
-Other(enter suggestion)

Question 3: Viper's Prey

Randy Orton does not currently have a feud. Who should he feud with in the coming months?

-Rey Mysterio
-John Cena
-Kane
-Matt Hardy
-Other(enter suggestion)

Question 4: WWE Title

There is one Raw left between now and the Rumble. Who will win the WWE title match between Sheamus and Kofi?

-Kofi
-Sheamus

Question 5: ECW Title

There is one ECW left between now and the Rumble. Who will win the ECW title match between Christian and William Regal?

-Christian
-William Regal

Question 6: US Title

Who will win the US Title match at the Rumble?

-The Miz
-Evan Bourne

Question 7:IC Title

Who will win the IC Title match at the Rumble?

-Drew MacIntyre
-Dolph Ziggler

Question 8: Under New Managers

We have 6 managers currently without clients: Vickie Guerrero, Ranjin Singh, Tiffany, Tony Atlas, Lou D'Angeli, and Eve. Please suggest clients for these managers.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eFF6fjNXEumb_qkUneDFa5fopbRPWwXnVd7pwJcymLY/viewform?usp=send_form

Voting ends midnight CST Saturday.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Do we actually employ Vince Russo in game as a personality? This is very important to my voting.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Do we actually employ Vince Russo in game as a personality? This is very important to my voting.

No, he is the player avatar, who is not usable in segments in TEW05. I believe TEW13 lets you do that, but not 05.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Wow, Chris Masters admitting to juicing and joining the SES is inspired, and just the kind of thing we'd never, ever see in WWE that I love to see in TEW threads. He even has my first name now! Definitely rooting for Masters from here on out.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
That segment with Masters reminded me of how much I loved the SES. I look forward to seeing it develop.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Edge and Christian are working dark matches while Pirate Paul slums it on television. It's such a fun gimmick, though!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the continuation of the SES. That version of Punk was such a sanctimonious bastard.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

Edge and Christian are working dark matches while Pirate Paul slums it on television. It's such a fun gimmick, though!

I'm waiting until Edge has a storyline to bring him back to TV.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Everyone who's gonna vote seems to have voted so far, so at noon CST, I'm gonna close the voting and run Raw and Superstars.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Elsewhere in the game world.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Monday Night Raw - Monday, Week 3, January 2010
Commentary Team: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Live from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut

Dark Match: The Machines defeated Edge and the Hart Dynasty in 18:15 when Super Technical Machine defeated David Hart Smith by pinfall. A

Randy Orton begins the show cutting a promo.

"In 6 days, the WWE Championship will be defended at the Royal Rumble. And I'm not in that match. I'm not in that match because some dreadlocked upstart was able to talk his way into a number one contendership match! Kofi Kingston does not DESERVE number one contendership! What does he have? Flashy moves? Cool music? I have THREE GENERATIONS OF GREATNESS backing up my every step! Tonight, I'm going to destroy Kofi Kingston, so he won't even be able to fight for the title this Sunday!" A

Sheamus beat John Cena in a WWE Title rematch in 17:48 by pinfall following interference from Carlito. A+

Joey Styles introduces the newest member of the WWE roster, the American Dragon Daniel Bryan! C

American Dragon beat Primo in 7:49 by pinfall with Elbow Strikes. C+, Primo seemed off his game

Andrew Masters comes down to the ring with Luke Gallows for a match with MVP, but before the match can begin, Masters and Gallows beat down MVP, before Masters puts MVP in the Master Lock and Gallows begins to relentlessly headbutt MVP until he is unconscious. They then drop MVP to the mat, and recite the Straight Edge Society pledge before leaving. B-, Masters' turn was a complete success

Jack Swagger (w/Coach Zebekiah Colter) beat Santino Marella by pinfall with a Falling Gutwrench Powerbomb. C+, Swagger and Zeb have great chemistry

After the match, Coach Zebekiah cuts a promo.

"All you sweathogs in the stands with your sugary colas and your popcorn should be ashamed of yourselves when you look at Jack Swagger and see what a REAL All-American looks like!" C, Zeb performed poorly, but Jack's performance was good.

DX beat the New New Rockers in 8:20 when Triple H defeated Nick Jackson by pinfall with a Pedigree. B, the good performances of DX really stood out.

Jim Ross hyped this week's Smackdown. "When The Undertaker takes on Chris Jericho's tag team partner The Big Show this Friday night, I tell ya, it's gonna be the biggest slobberknocker the WWE has ever seen, bah gawd!" B, JR did not come out looking good.

Beth Phoenix beat Melina in a non-title match in 8:01 by pinfall with a Glam Slam. B

Triple H confronted Shawn Michaels backstage.

"What are you doing? You've still got a lot ahead of you, Shawn! You can't just retire now, we've got a good thing going!"

"Hunter, I'm not gonna try to argue with you. I want this. I want to end my career on the biggest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. We'll still be friends, even if we're not partners."

Shawn goes for a hug, but HHH just walks away. A+

Kofi Kingston beat Randy Orton in 22:53 by pinfall with a Trouble in Paradise. A

After the match, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase slide into the ring and all of Legacy begins to beat down Kofi. Then, suddenly-

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA!

Rey Mysterio runs in and clears house, huricanranaing Cody, dropkicking Ted through the ropes to the outside, and evading an RKO before armdragging Randy to the floor and Droppin' Da Dime. Rey and Kofi stand tall to end Raw. A

A, this show should have increased our popularity.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

After the match, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase slide into the ring and all of Legacy begins to beat down Kofi. Then, suddenly-

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA!

Rey Mysterio runs in and clears house, huricanranaing Cody, dropkicking Ted through the ropes to the outside, and evading an RKO before armdragging Randy to the floor and Droppin' Da Dime. Rey and Kofi stand tall to end Raw. A

A, this show should have increased our popularity.

THAT'S MAH PUEBLO!

I'm going to be sad when Kofi loses the Shaemus. Can't make an enduring top heel without breaking your favorite eggs :(

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Superstars - Monday, Week 3, January 2010
Commentary Team: Vince McMahon, Todd Grisham, and Matt Striker
From the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut

Dark Match: Edge beat Tommy Dreamer(w/Lou E. Dangerously) in 13:28 by count out. B, Edge and Dreamer have no chemistry.

Dark Segment: Paul Burchill advertises the Royal Rumble. "Aye, matey, 29 men are going over that rigging when I win the Royal Rumble!" C+

Great Khali and Shark Boy(w/Ranjin Singh) beat the Dudebusters in 7:52 when Shark Boy defeated Trent Beretta by pinfall with a Dead Sea Drop. C, Singh did good work at ringside.

A video recapped Rey Mysterio coming to Kofi Kingston's defense from Raw. A

American Dragon beat Chavo Guerrero in 7:35 by pinfall with an Elbow Strikes. B-

CM Punk came to the ring and spoke. "This Sunday, I will prevail over 29 other men and win the Royal Rumble, not just because I have my followers with me, but because I have the inner strength that the Straight Edge lifestyle brings. I stand tall and proud, knowing that I don't pollute my body with liquor, with cigarettes, with steroids, with hallucinogens, all the things you weak minded addicts depend on to free yourselves from your pathetic lives, because you're not strong enough to change!" A

Michelle McCool beat Brie Bella in 8:28 by submission after blatantly cheating. B-

A video recapped the DX argument from Raw. A+

Cryme Time beat the Old Dragons in 12:49 when Shad defeated Jamie Noble by pinfall with a Recoil. C+

C+, Trent Beretta was used far too much, and this show might have hurt our overall popularity.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Board Meeting 5

Question 1: Edge
Should Edge return at the Rumble?

Question 2: If Edge returns at the Royal Rumble, who should he feud with?
Matt Hardy
Kane
Shelton Benjamin
Santino

Question 3: Should Edge change his gimmick, or keep his current Rated R Superstar gimmick?
Slut - Edge is the wrong gender for this gimmick, and will need to be off TV for 56 days for it to be fully effective.
Male Stripper - Edge is too old for this gimmick, and the same period applies.
Martial Artist - He has all the requirements for this gimmick, and he will not have to be off TV for any time to be effective.
Nuclear Man - This gimmick has only medium effectiveness.
Yakuza - Edge would have to be off TV for 56 days for this to be effective.
That 80s Guy - This gimmick has only medium effectiveness.
He should stay with his current gimmick
Other:

Question 4: El Hijo De Store Brand
El Generico does not want to sell the rights to the El Generico gimmick. Creative has agreed to use a similar, but legally distinct gimmick, but they haven't thought of a name. What should El Generico's new name be?

Question 5: Booking T
Booker T has been signed, but has not debuted yet. Should he debut as a face or a heel?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xbed4o2eFkTe47Gwet859wcBHC-v4Pv-lfoIL3WQnY4/viewform?usp=send_form

Voting ends noon Sunday.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
So is "Nuclear Man" just Adam Bomb, or what the hell.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

So is "Nuclear Man" just Adam Bomb, or what the hell.

"Up and at them!"

"No, no, it's 'Up and Atom!'"

"Up... and at them!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
El Chaparro Blanco?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Booker T question was a tie or close to it since the second vote. Really close.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ECW - Tuesday, Week 3, January 2010
Announce Team: Joey Styles and Matt Striker
From the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey

Dark match: Booker T beat Heath Slater in 7:32 by pinfall with a Scissors Kick. C+, Slater was off his game, but Booker looked good.

Dark segment: Edge advertised the Royal Rumble. "Rated R... For Rumble!" A

Dark match: Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu(w/Eve) beat the Dudebusters in 6:15 when Yoshi Tatsu defeated Caylen Croft by pinfall with a Roundhouse Kick. C, Goldust and Eve have no chemistry

The show begins with MIDI mariachi music as El Ordinario plays to the crowd while Matt Striker and Joey Styles hype tonight's ECW, which will include a contract signing for Regal/Christian at the Royal Rumble. C+, Joey Styles looked good.

Drew MacIntyre beat El Ordinario in 4:44 by pinfall with a Scot Drop. C, Drew and Ordinario have no chemistry.

After the match, Drew Macintyre cuts a promo. "Whoever wins the battle royal on Smackdown for an IC Title shot in the Royal Rumble pre-show, it doesn't matter one wee bit! The Chosen One takes all comers, and whatever pitiable soul wins, they'll be laid out like all the rest!" C+

A graphic is shown hyping Batista versus Tommy Dreamer in a hardcore match for a spot in the Royal Rumble. B+

William Regal and Christian had a contract signing for their match at the Royal Rumble. Once the contracts are signed, Regal begins to speak.
"Well, that's done and dusted. And Christian, once I've taken this gaudy piece of jewelry from you, I'll be sure to replace it with something a little more dignified. Toodle-oo."

Regal begins to leave, but once Christian's back is turned, Batista runs out from the timekeeper's area and they both start to beat down on Christian, before Tommy Dreamer runs in and makes the save. They all brawl to the back. B+, Regal underperformed.

Beth Phoenix beat Alicia Fox, Maria, and Nikki Bella for a shot at Melina's Divas title in 7:54 when Beth Phoenix defeated Nikki Bella by pinfall with a Delayed Cradle Suplex. B-, Alicia was off her game, and there was not enough selling shown.

Coach Zeb and Jack Swagger advertised the Royal Rumble. "Jack Swagger won't need any help to lift 29 men over the ropes and win that royal rumble, because he is a prime physical specimen, a Real All-American!" D, this suffered as it came across as a let-down from the previous segment.

Tommy Dreamer beat Batista in a hardcore match for a Royal Rumble spot in 17:22 by pinfall after countering the Batista Bomb into a Dreamer DDT. B+, Batista and Dreamer have good chemistry.

B-, this show might have hurt our popularity.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Smackdown - Tuesday, Week 3, January 2010
Announce Team: Michael Cole and Matt Striker
From the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey

Dark match: The Machines beat Old Dragons and Chavo Guerrero in 17:47 when Super Fast Machine defeated Jimmy Wang Yang by pinfall. B+, the match had to contend with a restless crowd.

To begin the show, Kane and The Undertaker come out on the ramp, carring a casket.
"Chris Jericho, this casket is not for you. This casket is not heralding a death... but a return."
The casket opens, and Paul Bearer sits up, holding the urn.
"OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!" C+, Paul Bearer did not look good, but the Undertaker's performance was fantastic.

A video recapped Rey Mysterio rescuing Kofi Kingston from the Legacy on Raw. B+

Legacy beat Goldust, John Morrison, and Yoshi Tatsu in 12:52 when Randy Orton defeated Yoshi Tatsu by pinfall with a RKO. B, Goldust and Eve still have no chemistry.

A hype video recapped Carlito costing John Cena the WWE Title from Raw. B

Cryme Time beat the Hart Dynasty in 12:49 when Shad defeated David Hart Smith by pinfall with a Running Big Boot. B-, Shad seemed off his game.

A hype video for The Machines was shown. 3 men, one smaller, one average size, and one giant, in black masks and bodysuits were shown, as Night On Bald Mountain played. The video cut to black before the message THE MACHINES ARE COMING was displayed. A+

Dolph Ziggler(w/Vickie Guerrero) beat El Ordinario, Finlay, Jamie Noble, JTG, the New New Rockers, Pirate Paul Burchill, Santino, and Shark Boy for a shot at the Intercontinental Title in a battle royal in 11:36. The final four competitors also included Pirate Paul Burchill, Finlay and JTG, with Pirate Paul Burchill being the final elimination. C+

Tommy Dreamer advertised the Royal Rumble. "I'm gonna bring Hardcore to the Royal Rumble, and no matter how many Kendo sticks I have to break, no matter how many trash cans I have to bring in, I'm winning the Rumble, and going to Wrestlemania!" A

Mickie James beat Rosa Mendes for a shot at Michelle McCool's Women's title in 2:32 by pinfall with a Mickie-T. C+, Mickie James could use something to freshen up her character.

CM Punk, accompanied by Andrew Masters and Luke Gallows, came out and cut a promo.
"The Tag Team Champions, the sophmoric, small-minded, and aged D-Generation X has been showing cracks as of late, and we all know why. It's no secret that Shawn Michaels has been a drug user in the past, indulging in painkillers, alcohol, and all manner of morally corrosive substances. He claims he's improved, he claims he's found religion, but I know he's weak. Him and his buddy Triple H have always been weak, so they've retreated into toilet humor and sexual puns to hide their shame in their degeneracy! My Straight Edge Society doesn't need drugs, they don't need potty humor, they don't need to hide their weakness, because I am their strength! And with me as their strength, Andrew Masters and Luke Gallows will capture the Tag Team titles in the name of Straight Edge!"

They all recite the SES Pledge before leaving. A, Masters and Gallows performed poorly.

The Big Show beats The Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer) in 12:35 when The Undertaker was counted out after being attacked by Chris Jericho. B+, not enough selling was shown.

As he stands above The Undertaker, Chris Jericho begins to laugh, before Paul Bearer interrupts.
"Chris Jericho, you may laugh now, but at the Royal Rumble, my Undertaker will chill your soul, and you may never be the same again!" Bearer lifts the urn, the Undertaker sits up, and Smackdown goes off the air as Jericho reacts in horror. B, Paul Bearer performed poorly.

B, Shark Boy was used too much.

I will run and write up the Rumble sometime in the next week.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 27, 2014

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
how in the world did Tommy Dreamer cut a A rated promo? I never knew Tommy for a master of the mic.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Meanwhile in TNA...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Royal Rumble - Sunday, Week 3, 2010
Live from Yankee Stadium in Bronx, NY
Announce team: Matt Striker, Jim Ross, and Vince McMahon

Royal Rumble Kickoff: Dolph Ziggler(w/Vickie Guerrero) beat Drew MacIntyre to win the Intercontinental Title in 8:05 by pinfall with a Zig Zag. B, Vickie did good work at ringside, and Drew and Dolph have excellent chemistry.

Royal Rumble Kickoff: William Regal answered letters from the WWE Universe.
"Let me just get my reading glasses on, I'm not exactly the youngest of men, you understand. Ah, here we are. 'Dear Mister Regal-' Ah, already a problem. Mister Regal was my father. Call me Sir. 'Dear Mister Regal, I'm currently preparing for a job interview and would like some advice on what to wear to properly impress my prospective employer. Sincerely, Michael from Central City, MO.' Well, Michael, I haven't had to apply for a job that didn't involve singlets and combat since Margaret Thatcher was still in office, but I think I can still give you some pointers. First, dress for the job you want, not the job you have. That's why you see me in those elegant robes all the time. Second, give great consideration to your use of color. I'm particularly fond of gold and purple, as they're very... regal colors, if I do say so myself. Finally, hide a pair of brass knuckles somewhere on your person. That's just an everyday guideline, but it should prove very useful in this situation as well. Thank you very much, Michael, and I hope you find success inside that most villainous institution of all, global capitalism." B

A hype video recapped the Regal/Christian feud. B+

William Regal defeated Christian to win the ECW Championship in 21:48 by pinfall with a Knee Trembler. During the match we also had Batista run in and attack Christian. A

We cut backstage during an argument between DX.

"Goddamnit, Shawn, why do you have to do this? Why won't you listen to reason?"

"NO, HUNTER, WHY WON'T YOU? I KEEP TELLING YOU THIS IS WHAT I WANT, THAT I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN DO, AND YOU JUST WON'T LISTEN!"

"But this isn't what it was supposed to be! We were supposed to retire together, years from now! D-Generation X, sailing off into the sunset as a team!"

"Hunter, DX just isn't in me anymore! You may be able to go out there and play around, but that's just not something I can do anymore! Every time I go out there, I put my back on the line again. I was out for 5 years before, and I don't want something like that again! And if you can't see past your fantasies to see my pain, I don't even know how you can call yourself my friend!"

"Come on, Shawn, don't be like that..."

Hunter tries for a hug, but Shawn storms off. A+

Evan Bourne beat The Miz to win the United States title in 13:08 by pinfall with an Air Bourne. B

Evan Bourne begins to cut a promo. "Not so awesome now, are ya, Miz?" B

Beth Phoenix beat Melina for the Divas Title in 4:42 by pinfall with a Glam Slam. Beth Phoenix wins the WWE Divas title. B

A hype video recapped the Sheamus/Kofi feud. A

Sheamus defeated Kofi Kingston to retain the WWE title in 17:40 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Sheamus makes defence number 2 of his WWE Heavyweight title. A, Sheamus and Kofi have no chemistry.

A hype video recapped the Taker/Jericho feud. A

The Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer) beat Chris Jericho to retain the World Heavyweight Championship in 22:54 by submission with a Hell's Gate. A, Bearer and Taker have good chemistry, but there was not enough selling shown.

As The Undertaker began to walk away, Chris Jericho attacked him from behind, and the Big Show joined in. Before they could leave him on the mat, the arena went dark and Night On Bald Mountain began to play. The Machines entered the arena through the crowd as a titantron only identifying them as Super Strong Machine, Super Fast Machine, and Super Technical Machine began to play. The Machines entered the ring and stared JeriShow down. Big Show tried to chokeslam Super Strong Machine, but was unable to lift him, and recoiled in shock. Jericho began to attack Super Fast Machine, but Super Fast Machine evaded his every move with ease, and Jericho backed away in horror as well. Jerishow ran from the arena as The Undertaker and the Machines stood tall, Paul Bearer still at his position at ringside. A

A hype video covered 4 prospects to win the Royal Rumble: Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Tommy Dreamer, and CM Punk. A+

Shawn Michaels won the Royal Rumble in 54:39. The final four competitors also included Triple H, MVP and Randy Orton, with Triple H being the final elimination. A

B-, the crowd expected more interviews and backstage segments.

Elsewhere in the world:

I Before E fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 30, 2014

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

I wonder if we could get ahold of Claudio Castagnoli. Chikara doesn't seem to be doing anything worthwhile with him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

I wonder if we could get ahold of Claudio Castagnoli. Chikara doesn't seem to be doing anything worthwhile with him.

You know what, probably. I'll check his popularity, and after Raw I'll post another Board Meeting with some dross to cut and some possible hires.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Monday Night Raw - Monday, Week 4, January 2010
Live from the Bradley center in Milwaulkee, WI
Announce team: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Dark match: The Machines beat The Legacy in 12:55 when Super Strong Machine defeated Cody Rhodes by pinfall. A

To start the show, Triple H cut a promo.
"Last Sunday, in the Royal Rumble, Shawn Michaels broke my heart. He doesn't seem to care about his friendship, about our partnership! He's just leaving!"

Shawn Michaels came out to rebut.
"Hunter, I do care about you, I do care about our partnership, and I do care about you as my best friend. But you don't seem to care about me. You don't seem to care that I'm 44 years old. I'm too old for this, Hunter. I'm too old to gallivant around with you, chopping our crotches and all that nonsense. I'm not abandoning you, I just want to rest, Hunter."

Suddenly, Raw GM Shane McMahon's theme hit.
"Well, looks like we got a problem on our hands. You see, You may be leaving, but the WWE Tag Team Titles are going to stay right here. And I've made drat sure of that by booking you in a 4 way tag team title match with...
CRYME TIME!
THE HASH TAG VILLAINS!
AND THE STRAIGHT EDGE SOCIETY, ANDREW MASTERS AND LUKE GALLOWS!"

HHH and HBK just stared each other down. A+

American Dragon beat Zack Ryder in 7:39 by pinfall with an Elbow Strikes. C, Dragon and Zack have no chemistry.

A graphic was shown for a tag team match on Smackdown between the team of John Cena and Carlito and the team of Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton, with the winning team getting spots in the WHC Elimination Chamber match. B+

A hype video advertised Tuesday's ECW on SyFy. "At the Royal Rumble, William Regal schemed his way to the ECW title, but can Christian reclaim his gold?" B

Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu defeated the Old Dragons in 7:34 when Goldust defeated Jimmy Wang Yang by pinfall with a Final Cut. B-, Eve did good work at ringside.

Carlito cut a promo on John Cena.
"I bet you wanna know why I cost you that WWE title. It's simple, John. Since I beat you for the US title in 2004, you've had all the opportunities that I DESERVED! You get the title shots, you get the movie deals, I don't get jack! And that's not cool!" B

Shelton Benjamin beat Sheamus in 15:13 by pinfall following interference from Kofi Kingston. A

Kofi Kingston cut a promo on Sheamus. "You didn't beat me clean, Sheamus! You can bellow and shout all you want, but you're not getting rid of me for a long long time! I've got a match this Tuesday on ECW, the show I started out on, for entry into the WWE Title Elimination Chamber, and believe me, I'm getting that shot, and I'm beating your rear end for that belt!" A

Edge cut a promo on Matt Hardy.
"At the Royal Rumble, I had a shot at greatness, but I fell just short. And I blame that all on one man: Matt Hardy. Yeah, Matt, I saw you dump me over those ropes, and I know why you did it to me in particular, and no, it's not because of Lita. You're jealous that you've never beaten me in the match we helped create: T.L.C. Well, I got a little proposition for ya, because Wrestlemania's coming up. We can have one last TLC match. I say last because I want this to be not just a TLC match, but a LOSER LEAVES WWE MATCH! Yeah, if you beat me, you get the man who stole your girlfriend, or fiance, or whatever it was you two were, out of your life and out of this company. But if I win, I never have to see your ugly clothes, look at that awful beard, or hear your dumbass theme song ever again. So how bout it?" A

Beth Phoenix, Divas Champion beat Maria in 6:39 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. B

Beth Phoenix cut a promo after the match.
"Michelle McCool, Women's champion, don't count on holding that title for long, because after I'm done beating everyone on the Raw roster, I'm coming for your title!" B

A hype video advertised Friday's Smackdown. "After the mysterious Machines intervened with Jerishow's beatdown, where will Jericho turn to?" A+

#Villains defeated Cryme Time, DX, and The SES to win the WWE Tag Team Titles in 27:40 when William Regal defeated Shad by submission with a Regal Stretch.

After the match, Triple H attacked Shawn Michaels, and Vince and Shane McMahon came down to assist. Vince, Shane, and HHH stood above HBK's battered body to end the show. A+, the turn was a complete success.

B

I Before E fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 1, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Superstars - Monday, Week 4, January 2010
From the Bradley center in Milwaulkee, WI
Announce team: Vince McMahon, Matt Striker, and Todd Grisham

Joey Styles hyped Kofi Kingston versus Vladimir Kozlov on ECW for entry into the WWE title Elimination Chamber. C+

Backstage, #Villains watched an old match between William Regal and Finlay.
"Now, David, I'm going to give you about 3 boxes of tapes just like these, and I want you to study them. I want you to watch them just as intensely as you do whatever it is you do to yourself to make yourself the size and approximate tensile strength of a 2-door Renault. Do you understand? We are the tag team champions, and I will not let your relative inexperience hamstring us." B, Regal performed poorly, but Batista performed well.

Backstage, Triple H entered the catering area, and attempted to make small talk with The Hurricane, American Dragon, Goldust, and Yoshi Tatsu, and was scorned and ignored each time. A+

Jack Swagger beat JTG in 12:45 by count out. C, Colter did good work at ringside, but Swagger and JTG do not click.

A hype video recapped the Christian/William Regal feud so far. B+

The Miz and Evan Bourne had a Best Dressed contest. When the crowd voted Evan Bourne best dressed, The Miz beat him down and posed above him with the US Title. "I AM AWESOME, I DRESS AWESOME, AND NOTHING YOU OR ALL THESE PEOPLE CAN SAY CAN CHANGE THAT!" B+

The Legacy beat Mark Henry and MVP in 12:54 when Cody Rhodes defeated MVP by pinfall with a Cross Rhodes. B

Raw Rebound recapped the main event of this week's Raw, and HHH's subsequent turn on HBK. A+

B-, this show might have hurt our popularity.

next Board Meeting coming soon.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Board Meeting 6

IC Champion Dolph Ziggler arrived late
What do we do?

Warn
Fine
Suspend (One Week)
Suspend (One Month)

Firings list
We can fire two workers. Vote for the worker you most want to fire, and the top 2 choices will be fired.

Kung Fu Naki
Primo
Byron Saxton
Charlie Haas
Slam Master J

Hirings List
We can hire two workers. Vote for the worker you most want to hire, and the top 2 choices will be hired.

Claudio Castagnoli
Colt Cabana
Austin Aries
Drake Younger
Chris Hero
Jimmy Jacobs

What promotions should we approach for a working agreement?
The top 2 choices will be approached.
All Japan
AAA
New Japan
CMLL
NOAH

What promotions should we approach as child promotions?
The top 2 choices will be approached.
CHIKARA
PWG
CZW
SHIMMER

Should we end our non-aggression pact with TNA and declare war?
Yes
No

Should we have an ECW Elimination Chamber?
Yes
No

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z9sl_bQEWtI9khf5I52ikR3IbuONkQNSJUSxUbv3NFc/viewform?usp=send_form

Voting will end at noon or midnight tomorrow whenever I get around to closing it.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 1, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If we have an ECW Chamber Match will it be like the December to Dismember one?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Does New Japan have Okada?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Onmi posted:

Does New Japan have Okada?

He's probably a young boy or in their dojo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

He's probably a young boy or in their dojo.

IRL they traded him to TNA for all of 2010.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Luigi Thirty posted:

IRL they traded him to TNA for all of 2010.

To teach him humility right? or was that just the theory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Just caught up with the thread!!

I can't believe y'all went with American Dragon over THE DAZZLER.

Also, Sharknado would've been awesome.

This is pretty fun so far :)

• Locked thread