Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Just realized that the Pirate Plunder Match ISNT happening and now i'm really sad also sad that he's apparently not getting booked again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Just realized that the Pirate Plunder Match ISNT happening and now i'm really sad also sad that he's apparently not getting booked again.

Pretty sure he's on the Smackdown roster, so he'll probably be on that show.

E: also, I'll see what I can do re: Extreme Elimination Chamber, but it might just be a regular chamber.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
I hope we can drive our Dolph Ziggler to be as bitter as the real one!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Since I am awake, and will probably remember to close the voting, voting closes at noon CST!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ECW On SyFy - Tuesday, Week 4, 2010
Announcers:Joey Styles and Matt Striker
From the Bryce Jordan center in University Park, PA

Dark Match: The Machines defeated the Hart Dynasty and Ezekiel Jackson in 7:31 when Super Fast Machine defeated Tyson Kidd by pinfall. A

Dark Segment: Dolph Ziggler beat John Morrison in an arm wrestling match. B

The show began with Vladimir Kozlov already in the ring as Matt Striker and Joey Styles hyped tonight's card, which includes Kofi Kingston/Vladimir Kozlov for a Chamber spot, an address from Paul Heyman, and an ECW title rematch between Christian and William Regal. C, Kozlov could use something to freshen his character up.

Kofi Kingston defeated Vladimir Kozlov for a spot in the WWE Title Elimination Chamber in 12:55 by pinfall with a Trouble in Paradise. B, Kozlov and Kingston have good chemistry.

A graphic hyped an important address from CM Punk on Smackdown this Friday. A

JTG and Shad Gaspard entered the arena dressed in Calgary Flames jerseys and holding bottles of maple syrup, and proceeded to mock the Hart Dynasty, putting on Canadian accents. C+

Pirate Paul Burchill defeated El Ordinario in 4:55 by submission with a Main Sail. B-

Paul Heyman came out and greeted the ECW crowd.
"I know you all love me here, after all, I am the patriarch of Extreme Championship Wrestling. But I'm not here to talk about me, I'm here to talk about my new client... CM PUNK.

I know what you're thinking, have I gone crazy? Has the most cunning manager in professional wrestling today fallen prey to a charismatic cult leader? Absolutely not. Despite my name, I was not stricken blind on the road to Damascus, and my eyes were never covered with scales. I see clearly who and what CM Punk is, and what he is is the best wrestler in the world today. He has been the best in the world since founding the SES, he has been the best in the world since he first cashed in Money In The Bank, and he has been the best in the world since yours truly, Paul Heyman, brought him to WWE. I don't trust him, because I don't need trust. I have an unshakeable, unbreakable, impenetrable certainty that CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society will never be defeated. Trust in THAT!" B+

William Regal defeated Christian in an ECW title rematch in 16:31 by pinfall with a Knee Trembler. During the match we also had Batista run in and attack Christian. B+

After the match, Batista cut a promo. "For the first time since 2006, the ECW title is gonna be defended in an Elimination Chamber match! And I got news for ya, Christian, even if you manage to eliminate my buddy, the champ, William Regal, you still won't eliminate me, and the Hash Tag Villains are still gonna hold HASH TAG GOLD!" B

Overall rating: B

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So how'd the voting turn out, and who are the Machines actually?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I too am very curious about the machines because they're popping a lot of A ranks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Smackdown - Tuesday, Week 4, 2010
Announcers: Michael Cole and Matt Striker

Dark Match: Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu beat the New New Rockers in 7:59 when Yoshi Tatsu defeated Matt Jackson by pinfall with a Roundhouse Kick. C+

Dark Segment: Pirate Paul Burchill is seen breaking into Vance Archer's locker and stealing his wallet. "Aye matey, I can buy whole kegs of rum with this booty!" B-

The show begins with Jack Swagger and Coach Zeb backstage with a platform. Coach Zeb begins to speak.
"All you sweathogs out there with your philly cheesesteaks, your Tastykakes, and your pretzels should be ashamed of yourselves, and tonight, the Real All-American, Jack Swagger is going to show you just how shameful you are by performing the Harvard Step Test all through Smackdown! Jack, start stepping!"
Jack begins to step onto and off of the platform at a constant pace, not stopping even as the camera cuts away for the next segment. B, Colter and Swagger have excellent chemistry.

Cryme Time beat The Hart Dynasty in 8:03 when Shad defeated David Hart Smith by pinfall with a Recoil. C+, Shad could use something to freshen his character up.

American Dragon defeated Pirate Paul Burchill in 7:42 by submission with a LeBell Lock. C, Dragon and Burchill have no chemistry.

We cut backstage as Jack Swagger is continuing the step test, not even breaking a sweat. Coach Colter is talking to him.
"Keep going, Jack, you can do it!"

"I sure can, Coach, because unlike these Pennsylvania sweathogs, I don't gorge myself on beer and sausages all day!"

"drat right, Jack!" C+

Vince McMahon and Triple H come out and talk.
"Now I know you all saw me beat down my former friend Shawn Michaels on Raw, but I've been thinking that I might not have been being fair. So I've decided to give him a little chance, you know, for old times sake. Me and Dad here versus Shawn and a partner of his choice on Raw next week. But Shawn, no matter who you choose, I'm still The Game, and they can't beat me." A+

Drew McIntyre beat Dolph Ziggler by countout in an IC Title rematch in 7:46 when Dolph Ziggler was willingly counted out. B-, Dolph and Drew have great chemistry.

CM Punk, The Apostle Paul Heyman, Andrew Masters and Luke Gallows all come out to address the masses, but before Punk can talk, JeriShow's music hits. Both Jericho and Big Show are not their usual selves, there is a haunted look in their eyes. Jericho begins to talk.

"I drink. I have a drinking problem. I've even drunk and drove, and before Sunday night I thought I was fine. I saw something that night that shook my soul, and when you get up here and talk you seem so... at peace with yourself. You seem at one with your soul. I want that peace. Take my hair. Take me, my body is yours, my voice is yours, my soul is yours. Make me like you, Punk."

Big Show begins to talk as well.
"I, uh, I don't drink, but that stuff about having his soul shaken, and you being at peace with yourself, well, basically what he said."
CM Punk smirks. "Quite the eloquent giant, aren't you? No matter, the Straight Edge Society accepts all seekers of peace who promise to follow the Straight Edge lifestyle, whether they can speak well or not."

They then all recite the Straight Edge Society pledge, and Jericho's head is shaved. A, Paul Heyman was very underwhelming.

Beth Phoenix beat Mickie James in 7:52 by pinfall with a Glam Slam. C+, Phoenix and James have no chemistry.

We cut backstage again as Jack Swagger is still performing the step test, by now obviously tiring. When Coach Colter tells him the test is complete, he sits down and counts heartbeats. Once he's counted, Coach Colter plugs the information into the Fitness Index Equation.
"120, well above excellent! I'd like to see any of these Pennsylvania sweathogs get half that!" C+

The Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer) beat Mike Knox in 12:56 by pinfall with a Tombstone. B, not enough selling shown.

After the match, CM Punk and the new SES recruits Chris Jericho and The Big Show attempt to beat down The Undertaker, but The Machines interrupt and clear the ring, with Super Strong Machine bodyslamming Big Show, Super Technical Machine escaping every hold CM Punk tries to attempt, and Super Fast Machine dazzling Jericho with moves from every angle. CM Punk keeps his cool, but you can see he's somewhat put off by Super Technical Machine. A+, Punk was very underwhelming.

Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio beat John Cena and Carlito for spots in the WHC Elimination Chamber match in 22:34 when Rey Mysterio defeated Carlito by pinfall with a Droppin' Da Dime. A

After the match, The Legacy beat down Rey Mysterio. "You may be a veteran, Rey, but we... are a Legacy." A

Overall rating: B+, Mike Knox was slightly overused.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Super Technical Machine must be Scott Steiner, it's the only way to explain those ratings.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

So how'd the voting turn out, and who are the Machines actually?

CHIKARA and SHIMMER have both rejected becoming child companies for us, but NOAH and NJPW have both accepted working relationships.

Slam Master J and Byron Saxton have been released, and Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero are being hired.

There will be an Extreme Elimination Chamber, we are going to war with TNA, and Dolph Ziggler has been warned.

And the Machines are wearing masks to hide their identities, dummy! You're not supposed to know who they are!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Board Meeting 7

The Machines
Who do you believe they are? This question will not decide the direction of their storyline, but I will probably post a few of the more interesting guesses.

NOAH's Ark
What NOAH talent should we hire now that we are in a working relationship? Top choice will be hired.

KENTA
Naomichi Marifuji
Takeshi Morishima
Kenta Kobashi
New Japan More Like New Jobbers
What NJPW talent should we hire now that we are in a working relationship? Top 2 choices will be hired.

Hiroshi Tanahashi
Giant Bernard
Jushin Liger
Shinsuke Nakamura
Total Nonstop Warfare
What TNA talent should we try to snipe away? Top 4 choices will be approached.

Jay Lethal
Amazing Kong
Motor City Machine Guns
Team 3D
Nigel McGuinness
Kazarian
Christopher Daniels
Daffney
Consequences Creed
Enter the Wu Tang (Elimination Chambers)
There are currently 4 spots open in the WWE Title EC, and 3 each in the WHC and ECW title ECs. Please suggest possible entrants.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1L6hFOl8v86x4mZc8cdh1VvB5VOKW5xPSDCOShekznQ8/viewform?usp=send_form Voting will close midnight or noon Friday.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Holy poo poo, I think I figured out the Machines the second I hit the 'submit' button.

But I stand by initial guess as well.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

Holy poo poo, I think I figured out the Machines the second I hit the 'submit' button.

KFG was actually able to guess 2 out of 3.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

I Before E posted:

The show begins with Jack Swagger and Coach Zeb backstage with a platform. Coach Zeb begins to speak.
"All you sweathogs out there with your philly cheesesteaks, your Tastykakes, and your pretzels should be ashamed of yourselves, and tonight, the Real All-American, Jack Swagger is going to show you just how shameful you are by performing the Harvard Step Test all through Smackdown! Jack, start stepping!"
University Park is Penn State, it's in the center of the state :colbert:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I really hope that Super Fast Machine is somehow Jeff Hardy :allears:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

I Before E posted:

KFG was actually able to guess 2 out of 3.

I'm legitimately offended that my guess wasn't correct. What the hell is wrong with you?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

I'm legitimately offended that my guess wasn't correct. What the hell is wrong with you?

I can't clone Heath Slater!!!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

I Before E posted:

I can't clone Heath Slater!!!

Have you tried?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I have to be right

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

schweens posted:

I have to be right

No, I have to be right.

Don't worry IbE I will keep it to myself.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
drat it, I didn't realise Awesome Kong was one of the talents we could try to grab from TNA. I demand to change my vote.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

drat it, I didn't realise Awesome Kong was one of the talents we could try to grab from TNA. I demand to change my vote.

done.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Did you like my guess? I think I nailed it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Votes are in, Raw and Superstars will run soon.

WWE will be approaching KENTA from NOAH, Giant Bernard and Jushin Liger from NJPW, and

since there was a fuckin 4-way tie for second place, Amazing Kong, the MCMG, Team 3D, Nigel, AND Chris Daniels(as well as Kazarian because I already accidentally opened negotiations while checking if we could indeed try for people on exclusive PPA deals). Your suggestions for Chamber participants have been considered, and the entrants will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Bad Influence in the WWE is going to own.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

Mr. Russo,

As a member of the female community, I am officially petitioning you to allow women to complete alongside men. We should not be content to compete for a measly pink title! We demand the WWE title! We demand WrestleMania!

Thank you for your time, Mr. Russo. God bless.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sunsweet posted:

We should not be content to compete for a measly pink title!

Well right now it looks like McCool and Beth are feuding over the Women's title and not the Diva's title so there's that.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

Ah, I wasn't sure when the Divas title took hold specifically.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sunsweet posted:

Mr. Russo,

As a member of the female community, I am officially petitioning you to allow women to complete alongside men. We should not be content to compete for a measly pink title! We demand the WWE title! We demand WrestleMania!

Thank you for your time, Mr. Russo. God bless.

Be careful what you wish for when you ask Vince "Mr. Misogyny" Russo for such things!!!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

Ah, I wasn't sure when the Divas title took hold specifically.

IRL, Extreme Rules 2011 was when the Women's and Divas titles were merged. Beth currently has the Divas title, and is on the hunt for Michelle McCool's Women's title.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I Before E posted:

IRL, Extreme Rules 2011 was when the Women's and Divas titles were merged. Beth currently has the Divas title, and is on the hunt for Michelle McCool's Women's title.

Night of Champions 2010.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Night of Champions 2010.

My mistake, I was thinking of the LayCool Explodes Loser Leaves WWE match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Be careful what you wish for when you ask Vince "Mr. Misogyny" Russo for such things!!!

VINCE RUSSO, EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT OF gently caress YOU posted:

LOOK I AIN'T DA MOST TIME-HAVIN'-EST MAN IN DA WORLD, AN' I GOT MY HANDS FULL WIT SOME A DA CRAZY poo poo YA BEEN SEEIN' AROUND HERE AS OF LATELY, SO I HANDED OFF SOME A DA poo poo I DON' CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT, LIKE DA BROADS AN WHATEVER DA ECW poo poo IS, I AIN'T NEVER WORKED FER ECW, I DON' GIV A gently caress ABOUT DEM, AN' SOME OTHAH FUCKAH IS DOIN' DAT poo poo.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I assume that the Machines are part of the "swerve" Russo has planned?

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Go Goldust and Yoshi actually work well together? If not, maybe reform the Major Bros or something?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SATURDAY, WEEK 4, JANUARY 2010
UPDATE: Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, and Team 3D have rejected negotiations with WWE, claiming they are stretched too far with the amount of contracts they currently have.

Amazing Kong, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, Giant Bernard, and Kazarian have been signed.

Happy Happyist posted:

Go Goldust and Yoshi actually work well together? If not, maybe reform the Major Bros or something?

I have heard no complaints about their chemistry, and their matches get decent ratings for lower midcarder matches.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SUNDAY, WEEK 4, JANUARY 2010
UPDATE: KENTA and Jushin Liger have rejected negotiations with WWE, claiming they can make more money elsewhere.

Chris Sabin has been signed.

Nigel McGuinness agreed to negotiations, but did not find the initial offering acceptable.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EMERGENCY MEETING!
Networks are currently scheduling for their Spring season, and accepting proposals, and Mr. McMahon has given us the go-ahead to submit one proposal to one network.

The form is here, and will be open until Smackdown has run.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12ASepvZsad-FA3YhcWiQSEKI9gmrDtd0tmvoGlOz3r0/viewform?usp=send_form

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Raw - Monday, Week 1, February 2010
Live from the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, CA
Announce team: Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross

Dark match: The Brothers Of Destruction beat the Dudebusters in 7:38 when Kane defeated Caylen Croft by pinfall with a Tombstone. B-, Trent was off his game, but Undertaker looked good.

Dark segment: John Morrison asked Melina out on a date for next week's Valentine's Day Raw. C+

The show begins with Triple H and Shane McMahon cutting a promo.
"Come on, Shawn, you have to have found a partner by now! Or has everyone caught on to just how disloyal you really are, since you abandoned your best friend, the man who's stuck by you the longest out of ANYONE!"
Shawn comes out.
"I have found a partner, in fact. He's a man who came up under my tutelage, and became one of the best wrestlers alive. He is... The American Dragon!" A

The Giant Bossman defeated El Ordinario in 5:13 by pinfall after using a foreign object. C-

The Miz cuts a promo on Evan Bourne. "Evan Bourne thinks just because he's got a lot of cool flippy moves, that he's good enough to take my title? When I get my rematch, I'll show him that NOBODY OUTCLASSES THE AWESOME ONE!" C+

Jack Swagger defeated Mark Henry for a spot in the WWE Title Elimination Chamber by submission. B-, Swagger and Henry have good chemistry, but not enough selling was shown.

Tony Atlas revealed his new client, Shelton Benjamin. B-, Atlas was underwhelming, but his face turn was a complete success.

Cryme Time beat Carlito and Vladimir Kozlov in 15:45 when Shad defeated Vladimir Kozlov by pinfall after using a foreign object. During the match we also had John Cena run in and attack Carlito. C+, Carlito was off his game.

John Cena cut a promo on Carlito after the match.
"You think I got everything you deserved out of luck? You think I got the title handed to me? NO WAY, JACK! I fought every inch of the way to where I am now! I faced JBL, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Edge, The Big Show, Brrrrrrrrrock Lllllllllesnar, Randy Orton, all kinds of top-class talent, and I PROVED that I am the champ, and the CHAMP! IS! HERE! And if you think you're on my level, then PROVE IT IN THE RING! NEXT WEEK! WINNER GOES TO THE CHAMBER!" A

Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu beat the New New Rockers in 7:55 when Goldust defeated Matt Jackson by pinfall with a Final Cut. C+

Backstage, Evan Bourne was interviewed by Joey Styles.
"Evan, if you had to guess who these mysterious Machines were, who would you guess?"

"I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say they're a trio of little known young guys that I've had the pleasure of knowing and at times working with: Jack Evans is Super Fast, Austin Aries is Super Technical, and Roderick Strong is Super Strong. I don't know just how accurate that is, but hey, it's as good a guess as any." A+

A video recapped the CM Punk/Super Technical Machine confrontation from Smackdown. A+

Michelle McCool beat Beth Phoenix in a non-title match in 7:47 by pinfall following interference from Layla. B-

Rey Mysterio was seen walking backstage when he was assaulted by Legacy. Kofi Kingston attempted to help, but Legacy was able to shove Rey into the trunk of a limousine and leave. B+

Triple H and Shane McMahon defeated Shawn Michaels and the American Dragon in 17:49 when Triple H defeated American Dragon by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. A

Overall: B, Trent Beretta and Nick Jackson were used too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE Superstars - Monday, Week 1, February 2010
Live from the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, CA
Announce team: Vince McMahon, Matt Striker, and Todd Grisham

A Raw Rebound recapped the Rey Mysterio abduction from Raw. B+

Old Dragons beat Kung Fu Naki and R-Truth in 7:42 when Jamie Noble defeated R-Truth by pinfall with a Fireman's Carry Gutbuster. C+

Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre had a game of Yo Mama in the ring, and when Dolph went too far, Drew beat him down with a chair. B-

The Giant Bossman defeated Primo in 5:07 by count out. C

A recap segment recapped the main event of Raw, where Shane McMahon and Triple H beat Shawn Michaels and American Dragon. A

Mark Henry, MVP and John Morrison beat The Hart Dynasty(Davey Boy Smith Jr., Tyson Kidd, and Natalya) in 12:54 when John Morrison defeated David Hart Smith by pinfall with a Moonlight Drive. B-

MVP, Mark Henry, and JoMo celebrated with an American flag as the Canadians seethed. B-, MVP's performance was good.

C+, this show might have hurt our popularity overall.

• Locked thread