Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Lot of people around here that haven't read Marvel Boy :colbert:

What movie was he from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Aphrodite posted:

What movie was he from?

All of them. That's Stan Lee's nickname.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Lot of people around here that haven't read Marvel Boy :colbert:
That's shameful.

Then again if your introduction to the character was THE PROTECTOR you probably don't ever want to hear about the character again. (I did like the dark avengers annual, though)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

But if your introduction to him is from Young Avengers, you probably want to read Marvel Boy.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

First Bass posted:

And is that the the Mark I wearing a trench coat?

Doctor Midas is not to be hosed with, man.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The gold probably helps with the transistors his suit runs on. :science:

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I read Marvel Boy over the long cold winter, and I still stand by the fact that that is the best villain design ever.

My favorite Iron Man suit, in a trench coat.

Nothing says "do not mess with me" like that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Also, Midas exposed himself to cosmic rays to try and get powers like the Fantastic Four. He also raised his daughter to believe she was horribly disfigured when she only had a scar on her cheek. Marvel Boy had a good young vs old metaphor that permeated his millenial work like New X-Men.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Doc Midas, Oubliette, The Orb, plus all the super-weird team-ups? I am down for the off-beatedness of Original Sin.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
The only part I am not down for is the likely death of Nick Fury in this event.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Nick Fury is indestructible. If they do kill him off in this crossover, it would be something like the fifth time and it will turn out to have been an LMD the next time somebody wants to use Old Nick for something.

Frankly, I am upset they have not taken this opportunity for many, many father-son Fury adventures.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Nick Fury has been dead for a decade it's all just LMDs with his brain pattern.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

goldenoreos posted:

The only part I am not down for is the likely death of Nick Fury in this event.

Yeah, about that...

http://i.imgur.com/ArFy2OK.jpg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

Nick Fury is indestructible.

Duh. The indestructible Nick Fury appears like a human cyclone like, all the time.

And yeah, at this point Old Nick is so unkillable it's ridiculous. He'll show up the minute a story demands him. Uatu's real dark secret is "poo poo, even I've lost track of where the actual Nick Fury is."

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Didn't Fury burn off the last of the Infinity Formula in his system during his last appearance? Or it was...amplified or something, I don't know, I just remember there was a issue about his Infinity Formula.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Didn't Fury burn off the last of the Infinity Formula in his system during his last appearance? Or it was...amplified or something, I don't know, I just remember there was a issue about his Infinity Formula.

There was something about that in Battle Scars but we don't talk about that because it's Battle Scars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Nick Fury lies. Even if they kill him off he will be back when someone else wants to use him. He is at the point where he is unkillable

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Suben posted:

Yeah, about that...

Did you really just spoil tag an imgur link that wasn't even url tagged? What the hell was the point in that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

The reveal of Angela being their long lost sister better happen after Thor or Loki hits on her.

Loki isn't a blood relation of Odin, and while I don't know a ton about Norse mythology, I know that among the Greek gods, incest wasn't much of a taboo. I do know that in Norse mythology Loki had sex with a magic horse and Loki then gave birth to Odin's favorite six legged horse as a result, so millenia estranged sister doesn't seem that weird.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Loki isn't a blood relation of Odin, and while I don't know a ton about Norse mythology, I know that among the Greek gods, incest wasn't much of a taboo. I do know that in Norse mythology Loki had sex with a magic horse and Loki then gave birth to Odin's favorite six legged horse as a result, so millenia estranged sister doesn't seem that weird.

Go back to tvtropes with your "incest is totally cool!" views.

(I am kidding and am aware of that, but that doesn't make it less amusing).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Len posted:

Did you really just spoil tag an imgur link that wasn't even url tagged? What the hell was the point in that?
Look at this scrub who doesn't have every imgur link memorized.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Bendis just revealed something about his Guardians story: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52611

NOVA! :haw:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'll probably end up with Floppy copies of a lot of the Original Sin comics, even if they suck. The covers just look so neat.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Suben posted:

Yeah, about that...

Who is the character at the top of this image?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ShineDog posted:

Who is the character at the top of this image?

Oubliette Midas, aka Exterminatrix, from Grant Morrison's original Marvel Boy miniseries.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Barry Convex posted:

Oubliette Midas, aka Exterminatrix, from Grant Morrison's original Marvel Boy miniseries.

Exterminatrix.

As with so many things marvel, it manages to be entirely awful and entirely perfect at the same time.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
She also appeared in Gillen's Young Avengers as Noh-Varr's murderous ex-girlfriend (who wasn't real? not totally clear on that).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Original Sin reads like a detective comic but the team they've put together is the weirdest mis-match of heroes ever. It wasn't very exciting, I'll reserve judgement until the end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

Original Sin reads like a detective comic but the team they've put together is the weirdest mis-match of heroes ever. It wasn't very exciting, I'll reserve judgement until the end.

The team-ups make no sense which I'm guessing is Fury's M.O so I'll roll with it. Glad to see Strange and Gamora playing a part and Aside from Lang I like everyone Fury recruited.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The team-ups make no sense which I'm guessing is Fury's M.O so I'll roll with it. Glad to see Strange and Gamora playing a part and Aside from Lang I like everyone Fury recruited.
Yes, but Dr Strange and Punisher are a duo right now, which is probably something no one's ever wanted or dreamed of before.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

Yes, but Dr Strange and Punisher are a duo right now, which is probably something no one's ever wanted or dreamed of before.

I wanted it, I just never knew it till now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

I like the idea of Frank threatening someone who is currently a God. Should make for a fun story.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Flameingblack posted:

From What If Wolverine was Lord of the Vampires?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

Yeah, about that...

It's Thunderbolt Ross, isn't it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gavok posted:

From What If Wolverine was Lord of the Vampires?

I'd love to think that Frank's gun here shoots Ninjas instead of bullets. Like he's perched on a rooftop and just says "Needs another ninja down there." and BLAMM! Ninja.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

On the last page, that's definitely the Orb with a hood on. I'm guessing the redhead is Oubliette in a less dominatrix-like outfit. We know that Dr. Midas is also a part of this, which explains the use of the Mindless Ones. At the end of the Marvel Boy miniseries, Midas was stranded in their dimension, cornered by a bunch of Mindless Ones and desperately wondered how it was possible to twist this to his advantage.

I guess the real story is that they've been working in conjunction with a hero, which we'll find out towards the end.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gavok posted:

On the last page, that's definitely the Orb with a hood on. I'm guessing the redhead is Oubliette in a less dominatrix-like outfit. We know that Dr. Midas is also a part of this, which explains the use of the Mindless Ones. At the end of the Marvel Boy miniseries, Midas was stranded in their dimension, cornered by a bunch of Mindless Ones and desperately wondered how it was possible to twist this to his advantage.

I guess the real story is that they've been working in conjunction with a hero, which we'll find out towards the end.

What if it's not a hero but a hero's husband/wife. What a crazy twist that would be.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Senor Candle posted:

What if it's not a hero but a hero's husband/wife. What a crazy twist that would be.

Step 1: Make it Mary Jane Watson.
Step 2: Sit back.
Step 3: Watch the world burn.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gavok posted:

Step 1: Make it Mary Jane Watson.
Step 2: Sit back.
Step 3: Watch the world burn.

So that's why she had a flamethrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope you all remembered to ask your shop for the awesome bouncy Watcher Eye promo.

• Locked thread