Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

I'm going to feel bad regardless. Not just because I'm What If Fan #1, but because I genuinely feel that Uatu is a fascinating and likeable character. Years back, Christopher Bird did a write-up about Phantom Stranger that more or less explained why I like Uatu:

"The reason the Phantom Stranger is great is because he is the elemental expression of something we all, deep down, want to believe is true (even if we don’t), and that is that the universe gives a poo poo about us."

Uatu isn't supposed to interfere, but he does. He's compelled to. He knows it's against his people's will and he knows that it's not his place as a Watcher, but drat it, he loves the human race too much that he needs to do something.

In other words, gently caress Alex Ross for Earth X Watcher.

Haha. I have a feeling that there will be a new Watcher by the end of this. There is his wife and kid, so there will always be a Watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It will be the hate monger

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A_Ruse! posted:

So I just kind of grabbed #0 today on a whim. I just started reading comics, and have mostly only gone through collections of DC/Vertigo stuff so far. My knowledge of the marvel universe consists pretty much entirely of stuff I've seen in movies.

that said, I really enjoyed whatever it was that I just read. Avengers showing up to chill out with a pretty cool super suit kid. Weird quiet watching dude who's really intriguing. Crazy comicbooky multiverse energy all over the drat place. I'm going to keep reading this. Is there anything I really need to know, read or understand to get what's going on here? I gather that this story is going to be somehow related to something else, like a reboot - is that correct?

No. The watcher is just there to watch an not get involved but he always does. He also used to host a comic called what if which is where the multiverse energy comes from. It seems the everything you need to know will be told to you.

There is no reboot in fact this will be characters finding poo poo out

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A_Ruse! posted:

Cool - thanks man. I think seeing people discuss the What If connection is what fooled me into thinking something was being rebooted or retold. I'm pretty excited to follow this story in real time. I'll probably post annoying marvel baby comments in here, after each release. Be excited.

If you have any questions ask them and we will either answer them or send you to a thread where they can answer it for you. Welcome to the marvel universe. Hope you survive the experience.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

Age of Ultron gave the Marvel universe Angela, this is going to add Kid Miracleman to the Marvel universe as the killer.

It was not Hulk at the YMCA but Kid Miracleman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is there some thread in archives about Identity Crisis? I feel like reactions to the killer were probably magical.

Wasn't it identity crisis the reason why bss was created?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

So while reading this, I became curious: What does everyone think is the best "oh poo poo" Watcher appearance? The first one that popped into my mind is this one from New Avengers: Illuminati #2.

He's nothing if not consistent.

Just this cover says oh poo poo something is up
Also crazy eyes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

And then it was literally "A crazy broad did it" so welp!

Tiny little footprints on the brain! Also why did she bring a fucken flamethrower with her?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flergatron 3000 posted:

Adam Warlock did it.

It was not Adam it was Magus

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Well, how do you define god?

I do not know but I will when I see it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Didn't Fury burn off the last of the Infinity Formula in his system during his last appearance? Or it was...amplified or something, I don't know, I just remember there was a issue about his Infinity Formula.

Nick Fury lies. Even if they kill him off he will be back when someone else wants to use him. He is at the point where he is unkillable

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Her body was shattered, pretty close to death.

Also wasn't she killed by a sentinel in 280 before she took over Iceman's mind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

I can see why people are predicting Fury, but I can't help but shake the gut feeling that it's Bucky. He's got the skills to pull it off and I feel that he's about done as a hero in the publication sense. His solo run fizzled out and all he really has going for him is a team comic that isn't exactly setting the world on fire. He doesn't have much going on, so you might as well make him a bad guy.

Plus it would finally give us some payoff on that Next Avengers arc Bendis did years back.

I doubt it as they did just have the captain america movie where he was seen as a victim, and looks like he is being set up as a hero. I doubt they would then turn him into a badguy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Planning on telling him this tomorrow. So hyped about meeting Mark Waid, I'll probably annoy the piss out of him.

You should tell him that you are a huge fan of current DC and ask when he will be coming returning to them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

My friend wants him to sign his copy of Futures End #0. I was going to be slightly more subtle and ask if he considered his Daredevil to be the "Marvel Nowest" Marvel Now book.

He is a big fan of Superman so get him to sign Grounded!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So who the gently caress are these people introduced and why should I care because Original Sin #2 was kinda lovely.

Which guy? The guy at the end is a character that has been in a bunch of Jason Aaron work. The issue was not that bad and seemed to be a lot of set up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

Maybe the eye popping released knowledge of how her powers work? That'd be convenient, and it would explain the reawakening of onslaught that the next crossover will use.

Unslaught was reawakened in the first arc of uncanny avengers

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

So my question is we see some dude the Orb is helping a dude who looks like the Thing. We know there's a dude who is dressed in the original Iron Man armor. These are all some kind of reflections of our heroes?

Read Marvel Boy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Never mind its now working

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 4, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Genetic Toaster posted:

I'm trying to imagine the conversation leading up to this and it's amazing.

"Hey guys! Winter Soldier is incredibly popular with fans of the movies after Cap 2. How do we capitalise on this?"

"Let's put him in Original Sin and have him kill the watcher and hack Nick Fury's head off with a machete!"

"loving genius!"

Goddamn I love this lovely stupid event. :allears:

There is no way that he did kill the watcher, and they hinted that this Fury is a LMD. He was near the eye and had no secrets revealed. Also him telling Gamara and Moon Knight exactly how it went down

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

He was piecing it together with them. He didn't do it, but now he knows who did.

I know I quoted someone who said that he did do it. I assume the last page was done in order to get him in a secret bunker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

Yeah plus I can't really buy Bucky to be the type to just one day just fly int space and use a machine to kill Ego's cousin. While he not at fault, I wouldn't be surprised his brain washing has another layer that the mysterious party has been using all these years without him knowing.

I do not think he is involved at all, since it would mean that Russia was involved and he was frozen during the time that he was practicing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gavok posted:

That's insane! Why would I kill Uatu?! I love Uatu!

...now to host my own alternate reality comic series.

First you kill Uatu, then you kill Bendis, then you get your own alternate reality comic series!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So there's another limited series called Original SINS? I'll probably grab the Thor and Loki limited as well.

Do LMDs have blood? It seemed that Fully Headless Nick was bleeding and such when Bucky gave him a machete party.

Depends on how advanced they are. In Secret Warriors they had basically clones that could pass for the real one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's been a bit since I've read the Brubaker run. But I do wonder if they're going to reveal that Fury was somehow the one who had been winding up Bucky all those years, rendering the Soviet backstory either complete or partial bullshit.

That would be impossible. Their is a shitload of evidence that the Russians control him. There is also a mini series that is currently coming out that show him as a Russian agent and going against SHIELD

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

Also, gently caress all these assholes who don't like Bucky. That's 3 times in 2 issues.

Hawkeye is still his bro. Wolverine also has the best reason to hate him, as he did kill his wife.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

Didn't Bucky get this too?

Yes. He used the last of Nick Furys. Nick said that it did not matter as he no longer needed it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

First Bass posted:

I was 99% sure it was an LMD but for some reason everyone at my LCS thought they'd actually finally killed off the real Nick Fury (oddly enough more out of a hate for Bucky than cynicism regarding Samuel L. Fury). I mean, having your hand shot off and then being decapitated with a machete would be pretty loving manly but simultaneously too unceremonious for Nick "Goddamn" Fury.

A decoy so lifelike it can create bastards by proxy.

How can they hate Bucky? They also hinted it earlier in the issue with him not getting a flash of secrets.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Another issue of Original Sins and I think I know where its going. Nick Fury was not the shooter, but he is responsible due to his actions. It also seems that he is setting up the people he recruited to take over his weekend job.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This secret also makes a lot of sense and not completely offensive like say a Distinguished Competition event that had a murdered mystery and a secret.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

Bucky hasn't really had a place in the Marvel U recently, so I'm happy this seems to be where it's heading. It's a more interesting direction than having him turn heel and I'd totally read a Winter Solider: Man on the Wall series about him taking out alien threats.

You really think that they would have Bucky turn heel? He is currently in New Invaders and I hope that Winter Solider: Man on the Wall will be written by Aaron since he does not have any Marvel work after Original Sins ends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I'm sure he just forgot. I haven't heard anything about that at least.

Oh yeah he still is on Thor, but before this he was on Thor and 2 X-men titles. After he is only on Thor, and I am sure he will be given at least one more title.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Unmature posted:

Yeah, SLott's JJ is just a huge cartoonish rear end in a top hat who's turned to 11 at all times. A real shame. I just read Bendis's Daredevil and in just a few pages he does a better JJ than Slott has in his whole run. Same with his Ultimate JJ. He's a guy that actually, y'know, grows and learns like a PERSON would. Slott's JJ is just a huge baby that needs to be punched in the mouth. Who in the hell would elect that guy as mayor?

Toronto

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Eh, not really but it still isn't great storytelling to have the main characters working to figure something out that the reader already knows.

Yeah but the storyline would not work if they just went and talked to her as she has no idea either. It will be more figuring out their marvel backstory and then leading to her, so they can tell her.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Little Mac posted:

So, Midas did it then, right?

No Nick Fury did it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

That's an rear end in a top hat thing to do, writing "who pulled the trigger?" on the cover and not actually answering the question.

Well, now we know they're all potential replacements. And we also know the aging is recent, so that doesn't undo anything per se.

My money is still on Bucky. If only because I want a Bucky ongoing.

Your wish is my command

quote:

BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER #1
ALES KOT (W) • MARCO RUDY (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY Marco Rudy
ARTIST VARIANT COVER BY Steve Epting
DEADPOOL 75th VARIANT COVER BY TBA
BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
• Following the tragedy of Original Sin, what becomes of Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier? Find out in this new ongoing series.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm sorry to say I doubt anyone working on Original Sin give two shits about what Allred was doing in a book that sold about a dozen copies.

You mean other than have an entire issue of Mighty Avengers about it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Mighty Avengers is being canceled because nobody is reading it.

Where did you read that?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Just Bleeding Cool rumours that it'll be cancelled and they will increase shipping of Avengers World to weekly in the new year because they need more Avengers books because of the film.

Great get rid of Al Ewing and replace him with 4 times the Nick Spencer. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LittlePriest posted:

The whole Nick Fury thing is so loving stupid.

He has to use his super science, stolen from other races, to assassinate foreign/ alien leaders to protect backwards rear end Earth. See Earthlings can't possibly compete with these otherworldly threats because we're so helplessly backwards and technologically dumber than poo poo.

And any time he finds a new piece of tech while being our noble man on the wall? He secures it to better murder/firebomb other planets.

And they'll undoubtedly set up a replacement noble murder man/woman to sit on a motherload of exciting new technologies, use them to kill people very far away to protect the poor moronic peaceful people of Earth.

Putting aside the obvious "it's America stupid" part of this, it's loving stupid in universe as well. By coddling Earth and its not so secret protectors/governments he's crippling their ability to fight without him.

But honestly, between this new dumb poo poo and the Illuminati Earth murder team, I'm pretty sure Earth is a force for active evil in these comics.

And I'm getting pretty damned tired of this stupid poo poo where it's only ever cool rear end cigar smoking hero "x" that figures out that the best way to fight an enemy is with a sniper rifle from a mile away. No poo poo. Lets interject that little bit of reality into comics so we have to wonder why these super bad guys that outnumber all heroes ten to one don't start sniping people from a mile away as well. If our noble heroes are endorsing and actively participating in ambush murders and assassinations, why aren't the "bad guys" capable of the same?

If that's the reality you want to inject, soon the only believable heroes will be like Spiderman and super gamma bulletproof motherfuckers.

It also sounds pretty close to what he always was doing in SHIELD. Also when it comes to Earth and other planets in universe heroes have made a shitload of mistakes and have caused things to be worse.

• Locked thread