Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm thinking Malekith the Accursed as the murderer. He likes taking off people's body parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Nick Fury is indestructible. If they do kill him off in this crossover, it would be something like the fifth time and it will turn out to have been an LMD the next time somebody wants to use Old Nick for something.

Frankly, I am upset they have not taken this opportunity for many, many father-son Fury adventures.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

It wasn't a bad first issue, but there aren't many Marvel event books that have bad first issues. It's usually down to whether they can stick the landing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Punisher and Rocket Raccoon standing in the same panel is funny all by itself.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I think my favorite part of this issue was the exchange at the end.

OLD FURY: ...anyway! I've been killing to keep the world safe for a good sixty years. Thoughts?
ANT-MAN: That does not explain you being old as hell.
DR. STRANGE: I've known you for years. How did I not know about this?
EMMA FROST: I still don't really trust you, you know.
PUNISHER: I am 200% ON BOARD WITH THIS. Tell me about these... gamma bullets.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I don't see how "Fury has been quietly disposing of supernatural and alien threats to Earth for the last sixty years" invalidates any story at all. It's not like, for example, the existence of the Avengers invalidates any story where any other character has had to face a world-threatening event. It's an inherent assumption in a shared universe that nobody can be everywhere at once.

It just means that against all odds, Fury was even more hardcore than we thought he was, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

"You were never worthy. Odin's just been humoring you for hundreds of years."

• Locked thread