Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I liked the part where one of the Marvel editors (Lowe?) said that this has been the plan for Angela the whole time. That's a pretty good joke IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, it's basically the only thing that makes sense. Marvel doesn't explicitly use Judeo-Christian cosmology like Spawn (kinda) does, and the closest thing is Asgard, so... yeah.

I just really have a hard time believing it actually was what they had planned from the start. I get the impression Marvel thought people would care about her because she's a Gaiman creation (remember the bait and switch with him him "co-plotting" GotG #1?) but the reality is that nobody cares about a loving Spawn character in 2014 so they're going to shuffle her around until they find something that works.

I'm not saying the character is ruined by being (partially) Asgardian or anything, just that it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe that really was their plan the whole time.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

goldenoreos posted:

The only part I am not down for is the likely death of Nick Fury in this event.

Yeah, about that...

http://i.imgur.com/ArFy2OK.jpg

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

RevKrule posted:

I won't concede that point until we know who the other person bit is. On the one hand I have hopes it's someone better than Gwen, on the other....well, Slott.

We know who it is though: a woman named Silk who's shown up in brief scenes in the first few issues of ASM and is going to be a big part of the Original Sin stuff for Spider-Man.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

(Everyone's going to fall in love with Spider-Gwen and make Slott's new character entirely as pointless as Alpha anyway)

Maybe she'll wind up getting a goofy mini by a much better writer before disappearing into obscurity too.

• Locked thread