Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I think it was an act of jealousy.

Look at that guilty face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Basically one of the members of the Illuminati stumbled on an incursion event and found the multiverse were collapsing on themselves, with Earth as the epicenter. They formed the rest of the Illuminati to deal with this, and kept it secret so that the world wouldn't go into a panic about it. Their second "incursion" was what you saw, where they used in Infinity Gantlet to destroy the other planet, and lost the gems at the same time.

Steven didn't like going by force, and knew they would one day build weapons "just in case" and then be forced to use them. Since the alternative is to hold to your principles and let the universe be destroyed, the rest of the group voted him out, and had his memory erased so they could carry on. They haven't destroyed a planet yet, or at least not one that had life on it still, so they're still morally grey in a way. But over in New Avengers, they're about to fight a planet that not only has life, but basically has the Justice League on it.

Avengers and New Avengers are pretty awesome, and New Avengers mostly deals with the incursions if you want to read more about it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone summerize what is happening with the Watcher's family? I'm not going to pick up that issue regardless of Land's art, but I'm curious.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw on Diamond that this week had some kind of "Original Sin 3.1". I didn't see it in my shop though. Anyone get that or can just clue me in on what it was?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So is that guy with the jet pack someone from the silver or golden age of comics? I pretty much expect him to be some forgotten hero at this point.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well it also seems that he had a LMD army helping him. When he was scoping out Spider-Man he was being assisted and questioned why he wasn't firing.

Really, to me, the most unbelievable thing is that he was able to leave a SHIELD meeting with the excuse that it was his aunt's birthday or whatever, and no one questioned it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My only real problem with this event is that things didn't seem to be resolved at all. Fury's chained up on the moon, and I doubt that no one is going to find out and try to release him. Plus, you saw that all the villains got away and are still fulfilling their agendas. Especially the Orb, who seems to be another Watcher, but one that will announce that he is watching you, especially if you are committing crimes. Are the heroes suddenly not going to care if he's still walking around with one of the Watcher's eyes?

It almost feels like this was the opening arch, not the conclusion of one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Dr. Midas totally died. Sure they can have him come back using super-science on that one cutoff hand I guess, but dude was pretty clearly toast at the end.

Eh, Fury survived, even after seeing his "sack of blood" or whatever Captain America put it as. We didn't even see his body.

EDIT: Sack of bloody stew. Also for Midas, but he said that "proves" Fury is dead. He's a poet, not a crime scene investigator.

IUG fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

And is explicitly said to be covered in the next issue.

Is there a 9 of 8, or some kind of epilogue issue?

• Locked thread