Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

First Bass posted:

Odin the All-Fatherer.

Also, between the Terrigen Mists being released on Earth and now Uatu being blinded (and, well, dead), how is this not countdown to Earth X? Who knows, maybe the next secret is that Wolverine is related to Moon Boy.

Jason Aaron already had Wolverine become the leader of Moon Boys people in Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine. You never know, Wolvie might be his own great X1,000 grandfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

But if your introduction to him is from Young Avengers, you probably want to read Marvel Boy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Also, Midas exposed himself to cosmic rays to try and get powers like the Fantastic Four. He also raised his daughter to believe she was horribly disfigured when she only had a scar on her cheek. Marvel Boy had a good young vs old metaphor that permeated his millenial work like New X-Men.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

You need to get your hands on Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine where The Orb gets some time travel gems and moves up in the world. It's kind of been a steady growth for the character throughout all of Aaron's books to just get more powerful as time goes on.

Plus y'know it's a really fun book.

Also, Spider-Man and Wolverine are both in movies this month.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

First Bass posted:

Is there a reason Dr. Midas dresses like Iron Man from the '60s?

Dude really wanted super powers so he got his hands on one of the original Iron Man suits. He also exposed himself to cosmic rays, but all that did was gently caress him up. He's kind of meant to represent the classic Marvel while Marvel Boy is the future of Marvel.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Shameless posted:

He'd be so good on Nova. The book's practically made for him. I wasn't too keen on the last arc because I think the book works best with the whole teenage secret identity thing. Waid nails that sort of thing in his sleep.

Planning on telling him this tomorrow. So hyped about meeting Mark Waid, I'll probably annoy the piss out of him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My friend wants him to sign his copy of Futures End #0. I was going to be slightly more subtle and ask if he considered his Daredevil to be the "Marvel Nowest" Marvel Now book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for the stock Land speech, but he did alright on this latest issue. The Were Chickens, and the scene on the moon were much better than his usual output.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Might be that he's using better stock photos for Blue Marvel, and that half the characters in this issue didn't look human.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Oh one minor thing that I don't think anyone will bring up. In a Quasar story years ago, Watchers all started dropping dead from this mystery disease. It later turned out that the virus wasn't biological, it was a theory based disease. (Essentially the Watchers started realizing that the act of Watching changes an event. So by Watching they were interfering. As a result Watchers entered into a paradox loop and started killing themselves.)

Quasar then made the argument that Watchers dying necessitated other beings intervening so that too was interfering. Since the Watchers were damned if they do and damned if they don't, they may as well Watch since there will always be SOME level of interference.

At which point one of the dead Watchers stands up and basically says "the human raises a good point." and then the other Watchers just come back to life. Because for Cosmic beings like them, dead is more of a State of Mind then a permanent thing.
I can't see the story ending like this, but it would be funny.

While we're talking about things that won't be mentioned, Uatu was present when Galactus became Galactus. He assisted the Fantastic Four because he felt guilty over not stopping Galactus when he had the chance. Of course this was before Galactus got his new origin.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I really thought it was going to be the Punisher in a contrived "We're being punished for our sins." sort of thing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that the Watcher being replaced by the Unseen might have something to do with movie rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

If Uatu was ever really down with the non-interference thing, none of us would know who he was. He gave the Fantastic Four the Ultimate Nullifier in one of his earliest appearences, if that isn't interfering I don't know what is.

That was the entire point of the Watcher in that story. He broke his vow because he didn't want Galactus destroying Earth. You later find out in Thor that Uatu felt responsible for Galactus because he found him before he was fully formed, and didn't choose to end him when he had the chance.

• Locked thread