Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

Here's the original 169 page Identity Crisis thread (for those with archives)

169 pages for one event, holy crap. Those really were different times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So while reading this, I became curious: What does everyone think is the best "oh poo poo" Watcher appearance? The first one that popped into my mind is this one from New Avengers: Illuminati #2.

He's nothing if not consistent.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man, I certainly didn't expect any marvel Boy connections. I never cared much for that mini, but I do think Midas is an awesome design.

First issue was okay, mostly setup, but a nice pace and Aaron writes some good, mysterious prose. I'm definitely intrigued.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Considering Watcher had a wife and a child on the way, him killing himself to cause some trouble seems like a pretty hosed up thing for him to do.

I'm sorry to say I doubt anyone working on Original Sin give two shits about what Allred was doing in a book that sold about a dozen copies.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

"If you ditch Mjolnir you can see Radiohead playing in that window up there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Honestly I was surprised by the ending as I thought I was sure Fury was done for and that The Orb was the new Watcher. Would pay good money for Aaron doing a creepy Orb horror book.

Yeah, that final image of The Orb was great. I hope he does more with it.

Overall, decent event, not great. What impressed me most was probably Deodato - he was more on point here than he's been for years.

• Locked thread