Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Uatu's gonna gaze into the wrong universe and get killed by some alternate version of Paste Pot Pete whose power is killing everyone that lays eyes on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Since I assume it will come into play during this event now, did Nova's dad just disappear off panel or was it an on panel, but not seen by Sam thing?

Off panel. He's never been seen except in Sam having flashbacks to his childhood.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Dear Erik, in the event of my death, please keep this Schism thing going for as long as possible. I really dug the whole clash over ideals we had back in the 60s and I really think Scott and Logan can bring that back. Leak Scott's location to SHIELD now and then to keep him paranoid."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Thor route of "well they are super advanced aliens with people have confused/accepted as Gods/Angels/Whatever".

Aren't the Asgardians supposed to be actual gods these days? Like, I know the whole super-advanced-aliens thing was their deal for a long long time and it apparently is in the movies, but I thought current comic Thor is a god.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The big reveal of Original Sin will be that 616 Miles Morales was Uatu! BUM BUM BUM!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

Nick Fury is indestructible.

Duh. The indestructible Nick Fury appears like a human cyclone like, all the time.

And yeah, at this point Old Nick is so unkillable it's ridiculous. He'll show up the minute a story demands him. Uatu's real dark secret is "poo poo, even I've lost track of where the actual Nick Fury is."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Didn't Fury burn off the last of the Infinity Formula in his system during his last appearance? Or it was...amplified or something, I don't know, I just remember there was a issue about his Infinity Formula.

There was something about that in Battle Scars but we don't talk about that because it's Battle Scars.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just can't believe the Orb's involved with this. I mean, I get that his whole schtick is eyes, and apparently he was actually an interesting villain in Aaron's Ghost Rider, but the only thing I've seen him in was Aaron's Hulk and he was totally a gag villain that was there to get wailed on. It'd be like Paste Pot Pete enslaving Manhattan.

Also the hero working with them will be revealed to be Richard Rider. The reveal will be a splash panel of him yelling at Gamora "Did no one even loving look for me?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just realized something that really bothered me about this story is that Emma has her telepathy back when that's something she's not supposed to have post-AvX. DOPPELGANGER, SKRULL, or just Jason Aaron not bothering to keep up with X-titles? YOU DECIDE. (its the last one but it still just irks me)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

d00gZ posted:

Yes, Jason Aaron has not been keeping up with the X-Titles, especially the "Phoenix Five lost control of their powers" subplot, which started a year before he left two major X-titles and was the main plotter of a crossover directly involving his titles and the title with that character, not to mention being one of the main plotters of the original story which led to her being in this condition.

Oh yeeahhhh. Egg on my face then.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If you like decent art, god no.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

Someone remembered a panel from an old Bendis book that kind of foreshadowed today's events.

http://imgur.com/M7EpMOp

Huh, seeing as how that was set before Fear Itself, I figured it'd just be referencing Bucky's non-death there, but I guess this recent turn would explain everybody in the future hating him.

Also yeah, Fury's totally an LMD and Real Nick's the mastermind. Comedy option though: The now-dead Fury was the real one and he just didn't see anything when the eye-bomb went off because he's been playing puppetmaster in 616 so long he didn't really have anything left to uncover.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 5, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that they're all gamma-irradiated. Like, gamma specifically rather than just a vague "these bullets are radioactive". I don't really know Hulk's rogues gallery outside of Abomination, is there anybody even tangentially related to Banner who could be a sniper?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No matter how this all goes down, there's no way this doesn't end with Old Nick dead so Fury Jr. can be King Eyepatch in 616.

I do like his base full of LMDs because it reminds me of that level in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 where the base is Fury's secret hideout and it's populated by a bunch of Furys doing menial poo poo on computers in the background.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

First Bass posted:

What was Howard the Duck's secret?

That apparently he could've been his world's greatest hero, had he, y'know, stayed there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Name one time where the Illuminati existing was helpful. Actually, name one time where them existing didn't actively make the situation worse. Being better than them isn't exactly a high bar.

They convinced Marvel Boy to be a good guy? That's the only thing I can find on Wikipedia that doesn't prove them to be totally awful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think the only remote similarity between this story and VB is the character of The Orb. I mean, he's a guy with an eyeball for a head who is obsessed with stealing eyeballs. He definitely could've wandered right out of that show.

Other than that, yeah I don't see any similarities.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well poo poo certainly went down today. Can anyone figure out what the whisper says?

"All that mead you've been drinking was non-alcoholic the whole time."

"Movie Thor has a beard and if you can't get with the program and match up in time for Avengers 2 you just can't be Thor, bro."

"Do you remember that time Red Hulk beat you with your own hammer? Just think on that for a bit."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I guess now I'm just curious now how this new Thor lady is gonna get to the moon to grab that hammer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

"There is a great danger out there in the universe and we must turn it's oven off! But I don't remember where the keys were."

"Hey honey I'm home...Tigra, right? And our kid is...what is gender again?"

I owe you $2.50 and a nullifier? I don't know anything about it, Thor. No really. I'm not a douche."

"I remember watching you Spider Woman...hm? For what reason? Uuuuhhh...Oh this looks bad."

He'd pop in to the next event and use the ultimate nullifier on Thanos or something, then go "Wait, am I supposed to not intervene or something?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

If it's been LMDs all the way down, what does that mean for Sam Jackson Fury in the comics?

No it's only usually LMDs all the way down. Real Nick's infinity formula only ran out recently, he could have fathered Fury Jr. before then.

But shhh, mentioning Fury Jr brings up Battle Scars, and no one wants that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

Like Nick Fury is an inherited title? That would be so weird, even in comics.

ITS HIS NAME NOW

Dacap posted:

Did Fury Jr even appear in Original Sin? Seems odd that he wouldn't show up in a story that's meant to be the send off moment.

He's busy hanging around in Tony Stark's empty house waiting for the after-credits scene.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe Watcher-Fury can hang out with Odin and be grumpy old men.

"I ever tell you about the time I rode a rocket cycle through a wall?"

"Ugh, not this again..."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

Plus, you saw that all the villains got away and are still fulfilling their agendas.

Dr. Midas totally died. Sure they can have him come back using super-science on that one cutoff hand I guess, but dude was pretty clearly toast at the end.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Of course, if Uatu were really ever down with the whole non-interference thing, he'd at least go and cloak his house and not just leave it sittin' there on the moon where anyone can just pop in and have a barbecue. poo poo, at least put your superweapons on Mars if you insist on not locking your doors/hiding, that'd at least put 'em somewhere where people would need a super-science ship to reach you. Any ol' schmoe can reach the moon these days :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

Another younger and more reckless Galactus will take his place eventually.

"gently caress YOU FRANKLIN RICHARDS, I AIN'T YOUR HERALD"

*turns giant pink hat sideways, skateboards away from Earth*

• Locked thread