Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's going to be Nick Fury as the master mind, who needs the Watcher's Eyes to do his job and save the universe, enlisting the aid of villains to throw the scent off. Who killed the Watcher though? That'd be triggerman and agent, Uncle Ben. Wait till you see what Agent Stacy's been up to. Basically if they died and were important, Nick's been using them as agents. Their bodies? LMDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
1st issue I suppose but I'm really not feeling this event. Is it an event? Or is it just a kind of smaller level storyline. It should pick up when revelations start coming out but I'm not really enthralled. The Avengers and New Avengers by Hickman on the other hand rocks the gently caress out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I might have missed this but...why the gently caress would you give a Mindless One the Ultimate Nullifier? Or did he sort of wander out with it after ransacking the Watcher's place?

:iiam:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Did you read the #0? The Watcher had an arsenal of the most powerful weapons in the universe hidden in his compound. Whomever shot him probably took those weapons as they pointed out the place had been ransacked.

No, I didn't read #0 and #1 already explains what happened but what I mean is whoever is the mastermind behind taking those weapons, why would they let a Mindless One walk around with a Nullifier? What if it points it at the Earth they're on or something? But I should get #0 then too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

It's the first of 8 issues dude, isn't it possible that they'll reveal why it had the Nullifier later?

:( It's like the time I was disappointed we didn't get a good Thor vs Sentry fight after the first issue of Siege and d00gZ was like "WTF is wrong with you? They're gonna have a fight in the climax. Duh."

I'm not angry or critical or something though. More amused.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

If so he is not the only one that has plucked out their own eye in a quest for GEM SUPREMACY!

That's part of the thing behind Nick Fury. He has knowledge of the dark and behind the scenes of the MU and foresight.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Odin is currently dead, but he does only have 1 eye.

Wait...Odin is still dead? Was this from Ragnarok? So is Balder still ruling Asgard or is that Thor?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rirse posted:

I just hope it not Fury. They are already pushed him out of the Marvel universe for the most part, now they want to just make him a villain out of nowhere?

I think the idea is that this would be his swan song so Fury Jr. can be the official one. He's going to go out on a controversial note or something like his whole character I'd imagine.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So my question is we see some dude the Orb is helping a dude who looks like the Thing. We know there's a dude who is dressed in the original Iron Man armor. These are all some kind of reflections of our heroes?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

What does LMD mean?

Life Model Decoy. Like a robot.

We really should get a Nick Fury LMD teaming up with a Doombot and a Sentinel and Machine Man and Dazzler with 3 H.E.R.B.I.E.'s.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Original Sin should have gone with Aunt May finding out what Peter and MJ did, smacking Peter up the head and chewing both of them out, then grabbing Venom, Kaine, Doom, Thanos, Rider, Wolverine and the Illuminati then go into hell to kick Mephisto in the balls and make him reverse the deal. She gets to decide her fate and make the decision herself as to what's better for everyone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

I'm still of the mind that Fem-Thor is going to be Jane Foster, after Thor magics her better against her will.

I'm picturing the secret whispered will be something along the lines of "She was at peace with dying, and you took that away from her."

That's a pretty dishonorable thing to do, if you ask me.

You know what, something like that would be kinda fitting. Noble act but against someone's wishes and self.

How many times we gonna replace or kill Thor?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Baron Bifford posted:

But it's kinda like taking a camera's lens rather than the SD card.

....beeeeeecause it doesn't need a logical tactical realistic notion of a brain when the drat dudes name is Watcher and his eyes are symbolically represent in the story and whatnot? I supposed I shouldn't be shocked this question was asked. Literary concept?

"Why doesn't Spiderman webs come out of his anus?" You know what, let's explore that. It must be asked. Then let's segue into his radioactive fluids and how it affects Mary Jane.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Baron Bifford posted:

I was suprised to see that Uatu's eyes have an iris and pupil. Usually when we see him they are just blank. Usually solid white, although in Original Sin #0 they are pitch black. What gives?

And what's up with Hulks pants? UNSTABLE molecules? Nick need his poo poo focused on that now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

Give him just one eye back. That way he only remembers half of what he ever saw.

"There is a great danger out there in the universe and we must turn it's oven off! But I don't remember where the keys were."

"Hey honey I'm home...Tigra, right? And our kid is...what is gender again?"

I owe you $2.50 and a nullifier? I don't know anything about it, Thor. No really. I'm not a douche."

"I remember watching you Spider Woman...hm? For what reason? Uuuuhhh...Oh this looks bad."

Gatts fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 15, 2014

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If the Watcher gets one Eye back he should be the new Nick Fury. He knows almost everything so he's basically Nick but doesn't act. So Nick is eliminating his competition.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

notthegoatseguy posted:

I hope we get some resolution to what Fury said to Thor.

"She was actually under-age."

Oh snap!

I hope we eventually get Val Hallen to replace him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Die Laughing posted:

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that the Watcher being replaced by the Unseen might have something to do with movie rights.

Like is Uatu an FF character?

• Locked thread