Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't know how anyone possibly could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Endless Mike posted:

Random guessing.
The field of characters to randomly guess before the actual killer is vast, though.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Marvel/DC Baby comments are never annoying because new people reading comics is a good thing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Perhaps that's why Loki looks like he's been through the wringer.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There's almost a year of stuff to catch up on for Avengers, I would recommend asking the Avengers thread.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Did you see an alternate comic shop where you didn't give an rear end in a top hat hard cash to score Batman #1?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Thank god you bought those comics so that Set didn't get revived and eat the world then.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Genetic Toaster posted:

So The Orb is the Dr. Light of this event, then?

No, like Gavok said he's the Deathstroke.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

What ever happened to Peter Gyrich or whatever his name was?

He's my random Mysterious Boss guess.

I'd love it if Peter Gyrich, Government Racist was actually behind the whole thing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Timeless Appeal posted:

That's really Aaron's deal. Wolverine and the X-men is known for being goofy and over-the-top, but it's also pretty weird and grotesque at times. I think this book's tone will be defined by the fact that, yes, Bucky Barnes was carrying around a decapitated head, but he also swung it around and smacked someone in the face with it during a fight.

This is the writer who had the fall of man and usurpation of Heaven thwarted by a flaming skeleton on a shark and Ghost Hoss and his Penance Fist.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, it's not exactly CHEESE Coulson level of incongruous change.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hopefully 616 Frank can conduct himself half as well as his Space counterpart when knee deep in Hitlers on Planet Nazi.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Both Frankencastle and Thunderbolts show that it's time to take Frank up off the streets because god knows we're not topping Punisher MAX anytime soon.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well, he sort of had that going with Electra in Soule's Thunderbolts and I really dug that dynamic. This is probably because I like everything redemptive in Thunderbolts though.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Mayor nothing, dude could be governor of New Jersey.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gavok posted:

So let me get this straight. People are annoyed at the story because a military-trained, overly-competent, grizzled, one-eyed guy has been depicted as way too competent and way too badass that it all falls apart when you look at it critically for more than five seconds?

Wow. This really is Identity Crisis for Marvel.

Oh my god.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Watchers are so evolved they don't have brains, just a nervous system spread around their entire body.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Nevvy Z posted:

Didn't I see that in an anime once?

Star Fish are the anime of the sea, yes.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's included in the collected SPACE PUNISHER, so you can have two good books in one binding!

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Yup.

• Locked thread