Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

First Bass posted:

And is that the the Mark I wearing a trench coat?

Doctor Midas is not to be hosed with, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The shooter was ROM.

I would buy ALL THE COPIES.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Odin is currently dead, but he does only have 1 eye.

Gatts posted:

Wait...Odin is still dead? Was this from Ragnarok? So is Balder still ruling Asgard or is that Thor?

Odin's not actually dead; he's in (self-imposed?) exile after the events of Fear Itself. With Asgard currently hovering over Oklahoma as the city of Asgardia, Odin is currently hanging out in the space where Asgard used to be, keeping vigil over the Serpent (the main baddie of Fear Itself).

He was shown very briefly in said space in Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder as he prayed for his son to defeat Gorr the God-Butcher.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think the implication of the eye being a bomb is that it knows everyone's secrets/sins and that if it gets unleashed everything will go to hell as nobody could trust anybody again.

In the Secret Avengers Infinite Comic tie-in they basically spoil that beat; the whole idea is that the Watcher's Eye goes boom and a bunch of the information it's "seen" gets transmitted to random people in the vicinity.

In the comic in question a random dude learns about a guy that Nick Fury Jr. was supposed to kill but didn't, for instance.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

The concept behind Nextwave is unearthing of strange and silly in the Marvel history and bringing it in the Marvel comics of today, obsessed with the believability and order.

No, the concept behind Nextwave is "People like comics with punching and swearing and Warren Ellis can only take that kind of poo poo so seriously, so let's just let him be Warren Ellis as long as there is punching and also explosions."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Thor did it. That's what Fury told him.

"You made Jean Loring go crazy, Thor, and that's why Sue Dibny died."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Uh guys, Galactus wasn't real. The FF actually faked the whole thing. Hawkeye said so.

I don't know what you're talking about. That guy's face is blurred, it could be anybody.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Fury Jr. showed up in a digital-only two-parter tie-in to Original Sin.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The whole thing just seems weird to me. I mean Uatu just had a kid with a fem-watcher, so I can't see him being all "GRAH END IT ALL NOW".

Conservation of Watchers. To make a new Watcher an old Watcher must die, or summat.

(it's as good a reason as any)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

"You caused Jane's cancer".

This is my bet, honestly.

• Locked thread