Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

So are people all going to start buying new avatars with their pick for the murderer like they did during Identity Crisis?

I won't, but maybe someone more interesting should.

Did anyone guess right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It actually does sound pretty stupid to ask, in hindsight.

Maybe the Watcher's killer will end up being a minor, out of the way character too. Carlie Cooper? Willie Lumpkin?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senor Candle posted:

What is the difference between super advanced aliens and gods.

Thor hearing a prayer from a girl on a far off alien world is what starts the first arc of God of Thunder, and the rest of the story arc shows that they are definitely not just aliens. There are countless other pantheons and "god" is a thing separate from mortals.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SirDan3k posted:

That's still just listing something a set of beings can do, God is a very nebulous term in writing. Thor and other Gods aren't the only comic characters that feed/are empowered by thoughts and feelings directed at them.

Well, how do you define god? Omnipotent creators of the universe they are not, but the gods on Thor's level are overseers of the universe, usually each with a particular aspect they embody, and they hear prayers. They call themselves gods and are separated into pantheons. That's pretty different from, say, a Skrull crashlanding on Earth and turning into a spider, and oh that's how we got the legend of Arachne.

The movies go more for the "they're just aliens" way of it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

Yes, but Dr Strange and Punisher are a duo right now, which is probably something no one's ever wanted or dreamed of before.

I wanted it, I just never knew it till now.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Expecting a fight like that in issue one is pretty unreasonable, to be fair.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If Nick Fury is involved I really want him to be hiding one of the eyes in his own empty eye socket, covered by the eye patch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

"Feel the torment of a billion billion...extinguished souls. Experience the pain...ofeternalguilt."

Ghost Rider sounds like a teenage goth William Shatner in that and it's so much better then the cliche demon voice they are usually portrayed with.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wouldn't a skrull be a doppelganger?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Question IRL posted:

I of course speak of....Rick Jones!

If we're making Identity Crisis parallels, that's a good guess.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

But guys, what if the Spider bit. someone. else Everyone's mouths go agape and gasps are heard around the room. Marvel editorial all at once stand up and applaud Dan Slott for the most brilliant idea in Marvel history

Marvel just doesn't have enough people with webslinging/wall crawling powers.

Gatts posted:

Original Sin should have gone with Aunt May finding out what Peter and MJ did, smacking Peter up the head and chewing both of them out, then grabbing Venom, Kaine, Doom, Thanos, Rider, Wolverine and the Illuminati then go into hell to kick Mephisto in the balls and make him reverse the deal. She gets to decide her fate and make the decision herself as to what's better for everyone.
I want that What If? so badly. gently caress, make it canon. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't really get why Fury's actions are such a big revelation. Are there any among us here who didn't already think Nick Fury was going around capping aliens and demons? Everyone was already well aware he was a super spy who did this exact same stuff on a Terran level. If Nick Fury had an animated series in the seventies, this would just be the drastic retool done for the final season to cash in on Star Wars.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JohnnyCanuck posted:

*huff, puff* Sorry I'm late it's just I was over a few forums away and did somebody kind of tangentially refer to the Slingers?

The Slingers were the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Just don't actually re-read the book or anything. Might sully the memory.

I've never actually read their original series, just read'em in stuff after the fact. Even if it was bad though, worst ideas have been rebooted or relaunched.

Dusk for the Watcher's murderer.

• Locked thread