Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Odin the All-Fatherer.

Also, between the Terrigen Mists being released on Earth and now Uatu being blinded (and, well, dead), how is this not countdown to Earth X? Who knows, maybe the next secret is that Wolverine is related to Moon Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

E the Shaggy posted:

As for who killed the Watcher, I think that a future cover gives it away:

http://www.comicbookcritic.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ORIGSIN2014003-Tedesco-1bc87.jpg

Isn't that Midas from the Marvel Boy series from years back?

And is that the the Mark I wearing a trench coat?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, Tony Stark went incognito once just by shaving, and all of AIM didn't notice.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The gold probably helps with the transistors his suit runs on. :science:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a reason Dr. Midas dresses like Iron Man from the '60s? Also, for all the crazy and campy bullshit I've seen in comics over the years, I'm sort of stuck in a quantum superposition of loving and hating Nick Fury just taking everyone to the moon in a flying car that bears an eerie resemblance to the one Coulson flies/drives in the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show. I mean, it's awesome in its sheer ridiculousness, but then again, it would have to be the Magic loving Schoolbus to do that.

Anyways, the Strange/Castle team-up I'm looking forward to. The Lang/Frost pairing? Not so much. Also, wasn't Uatu married with a wife and kid? Is the Fulcrum going to make an appearance; the death of a Watcher must be pretty serious poo poo. And with Uatu dead, who the hell is going to curate the What If? stories now!?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
That moment Fury had with his flying car was amazing, and reminded me why I read comic books.

Coincidentally, while waiting for the MTG Game Day tournament, I picked up the latest issue of Nova, having never read the title before, and thought it was a really sweet, touching story until I got to the end, and he was referring to his friend on the Moon. My heart crept up into my throat, and then I saw the last panel. :qq:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I was 99% sure it was an LMD but for some reason everyone at my LCS thought they'd actually finally killed off the real Nick Fury (oddly enough more out of a hate for Bucky than cynicism regarding Samuel L. Fury). I mean, having your hand shot off and then being decapitated with a machete would be pretty loving manly but simultaneously too unceremonious for Nick "Goddamn" Fury.

Little Mac posted:

Nick Fury, Jr. is actually the SON OF AN LMD.

Book it.

A decoy so lifelike it can create bastards by proxy.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
If his spidey-sense was always working he wouldn't have to wear a hardhat. :colbert: I also find it funny that Nick thought he was going to be such a huge threat that he brought his special new monster-killing gamma bomb gun for THE MAN-SPIDER and it's like "oh it's a kid in red and blue pajamas, I thiiiiink we can let this one go".

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
What was Howard the Duck's secret?

I also feel miffed that Marvel was touting, and I quote, "At long last, Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato reveal who pulled the trigger!"

No! You didn't! Even Panther was like "I swear to god Nick tell us what happened to the Watcher--"*tangent/interruption*"--GOD DAMNIT".

Four Score fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 17, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

d00gZ posted:

Then why was one of the gamma bullets used to ice Uatu?

Daddy doesn't keep his guns locked up at night?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

A skrull attack fleet is a job for the Avengers. A Skrull warlord back on their home planet building up his resources? Pop him from orbit.

That would make him singlehandedly more effective than the entire Illuminati (Secret Invasion). Not that that's a tough pill to swallow :rolleyes:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The Illuminati are a genuinely interesting concept that would work far better if we actually got to see the poo poo they did that worked to juxtapose with the things they do that go horribly wrong and spawn off the great big event comics like Secret Invasion and World War Hulk. I mean, in New Avengers we're seeing them save the universe, and in Avengers, we see that the "Avengers Machine" Stark and Reed build lasts thousands of years and results in a planet-sized utopia that patrols not only the known universe but the known multiverse, working retroactively through time as well. The problem is that we only ever see them when things do go wrong, and for the interim between their appearances we're never given much reason to attribute things going right to them.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Edge & Christian posted:

The core cast of Original Sin is almost entirely stalwart Marvel Universe characters and past and future movie properties like Hulk, Captain America, Punisher, Wolverine, Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Solider, Ant-Man, Gamorra, Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, Black Panther,

Your optimism that they might ever make a Moon Knight movie is touching. :unsmith:

Gavok posted:

So let me get this straight. People are annoyed at the story because a military-trained, overly-competent, grizzled, one-eyed guy has been depicted as way too competent and way too badass that it all falls apart when you look at it critically for more than five seconds?

Wow. This really is Identity Crisis for Marvel.

?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
When I was a kid I killed a man just to see what it feels like ha ha just kidding I'm Frog-Man :frog:

e: I still want to know what Doom's sin was.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Issue 8 loving ruled. Fury got his wish.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Black Fury is one of Fury's super-LMDs that he made one morning thinking "let's mix it up".

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Gambit: Not actually French, just adds random French words to his sentences to sound cool.

e: Off the top of my head: Dum Dum has actually been an LMD since, like, the 50's; the radioactive spider bit someone before Peter Parker; Tony saved Bruce's life and almost saved him from becoming the Hulk; Angela is Thor's sister and there's a Tenth Realm of Yggdrasil; Black Bolt attacked the Kree first; Strange wiped Cap's mind of knowledge of the Illuminati; Howard the Duck could have been his reality's Reed Richards; J. Jonah Jameson once wrote an article gushing over a Spider-Man TV special and Lockjaw buried a huge bone on the Moon.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Fury's fate is as bitter a pill as people are making it out to be. If anything, the Watchers granted him his last wish: to bear witness to the Earth surviving, just so he'd know his entire life was worth it. Of course, giving him cosmic awareness and all that other mojo, Fury would start on an interference streak that would make Uatu look like an absolute non-entity, hence he's chained up. Fury will probably end up being a better Watcher than Uatu ever was, just because the actual Watchers can control him.

• Locked thread