Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

Original Sin reads like a detective comic but the team they've put together is the weirdest mis-match of heroes ever. It wasn't very exciting, I'll reserve judgement until the end.

The team-ups make no sense which I'm guessing is Fury's M.O so I'll roll with it. Glad to see Strange and Gamora playing a part and Aside from Lang I like everyone Fury recruited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

Yes, but Dr Strange and Punisher are a duo right now, which is probably something no one's ever wanted or dreamed of before.

I like the idea of Frank threatening someone who is currently a God. Should make for a fun story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bucky is good but he's not "taking down the Watcher" good. I'm guessing it's someone looking for Thanos.

You know what gently caress it, it was Richard Rider.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A_Ruse! posted:

What exactly happened in Avengers 29? Original Sin 0 got me started on monthly floppy comics, and I grabbed 29 today because it's a "tie in" - some cool stuff happened, but I didn't really understand it all. Cap's mad at Tony Stark for trying to make a super-weapon that destroys alternate universes because doing that saves the main universe, maybe? I totally understand why Captain America would take a moral stand against ultimate destructive power, but I'm not exactly sure what Stark was up to in the first place. And also one time Cap used the infinity gauntlet on like . . . a moon? What was that about?

Avengers and New Avengers are in the middle-moving-towards-the-end of a story that began with Avengers/NA #1's almost 2 and a half years ago.

While I recommend the entirety of it, the relevant books you want (what's going on, cap using the gauntlet, why he's hella mad) are New Avengers #1-3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So who the gently caress are these people introduced and why should I care because Original Sin #2 was kinda lovely.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldTennisCourt posted:

We also have the question of where the second eye is (or was only one taken?)

Both were taken. So someone kills and takes an eye, these guy grab the second, and a third party raids the armory?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jiro posted:

That has so many gross implications I hope it doesn't go that route and the result from the eye-splosion ties directly to Avengers #29 should it not?

It should but that would throw a wrench on the shown storylines of avengers/NA so I would honestly not think of it all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldTennisCourt posted:

I mean, if the eye exploding is what gives Cap back his memories of the mind wipe, I can't see it throwing a wrench into it, especially since the comic wants to make it clear it happens AFTER OS 2.

It would put Original Sin #2 before Avengers #25 as Banner and Stark are seen in Avengers Tower helping with the search while after the adaptoid/other avengers storyline "Banner" is in SHIELD custody while the real Banner hides with the Illuminati.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Having to wait until 9am for digital is bullshit I want this poo poo now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well holy poo poo I did NOT see that coming. :stare:

I'm guessing this Nick was a LMD and the REAL Nick (and other LMDs) we're the killer and have the other eye

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's a loving awesome costume.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So are the LMDs independent of one another or do their memories/experiences link back to Old Fury somehow?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Old Fury in the Illuminati would be pretty cool. Hell, you have 2 members right there with him!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I thought he was referring how Parker would count as enough of a threat to the planet that Fury would go and deal with it before going "nah".

I understand what they were going for but it was pretty stupid to choose Spider-Man to show it. A better option would have been Hope Summers or Franklin Richards. Hell, maybe Jean if the dude's being doing this for decades.

If the concept of "accident gives someone powers" raises a flag that Fury, as man on the wall, feels the need to address then he's either letting a shitload of villains by the same way he did Spidey OR there's a shitload more of powered individuals he may have killed before they has a chance to be good or evil.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 5, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still don't think it was Old Fury. I think Old Fury knows and was aware of the plot against the Watcher and rather than be the man on the wall he allowed it to happen so he could take the eye.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LittlePriest posted:

But honestly, between this new dumb poo poo and the Illuminati Earth murder team, I'm pretty sure Earth is a force for active evil in these comics.

Don't forget breaking time. Thanos calls it out that all the poo poo humans / Earth cause will mean the end of them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well poo poo certainly went down today. Can anyone figure out what the whisper says?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whisper chat:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Perhaps he can ask Cap to pick it up for him and transport it to an equally secure yet readily available location.

"Sup, Thor, where you want me to put this?" :smug:

gently caress it, just have every last book of an event start with Cap picking up the hammer and yelling Avengers Assemble.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Had to look more into the page but I think I figured it out. I found this hidden in the digital version.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

You know how Wild, Wild West scientifically proved your eyes keep a static image of the last thing you saw?

Well look at how big his drat eyes are.

Old Fury riding a giant mechanical alien spider would be pretty awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo so the ending was kinda poo poo and doesn't fit with like all the books I'm reading but it was pretty fun at the same time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dacap posted:

Did Fury Jr even appear in Original Sin? Seems odd that he wouldn't show up in a story that's meant to be the send off moment.

Who?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So the story of Fury looking for a replacement was actually Uatu looking for a replacement.

Maybe Watcher-Fury can hang out with Odin and be grumpy old men.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheJoker138 posted:

If the new F4 movie doesn't bomb and end up with the rights going back to Marvel I'll be really surprised.

As much as I would love to see this, there will never be a good Fantastic Four movie regardless of who owns the rights.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Baron Bifford posted:

Galactus is just a big predator and Reed should never have passed up his opportunities to destroy Galactus.

Reed would be dead without Galactus. And Franklin has him behaving.

Hell, he's not even in our universe anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Web Jew.0 posted:

I don't know if it's still canon or whatever but in the first Galactus story ever Uatu mentioned that Galactus can't lie.

I'm now wondering situations in which Galactus would ever need to lie.

"I mean it, Luke. I forgot your money in my ship. I'll have it next month"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Maybe the hammer is bigoted and doesn't approve of Thor's relationship with Hyperion.

• Locked thread