Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kinda makes you wonder where the whole FF thing of him having a baby momma and a baby watcher is gonna be brought up. Plus he was like super chatty in that run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

So are people all going to start buying new avatars with their pick for the murderer like they did during Identity Crisis?

I won't, but maybe someone more interesting should.

If this means more awesome sock puppets like from way back when then yes please. I miss that Sgt. Rock sock puppet.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Waterhaul posted:

So currently the Original Sin dark secret reveals are:

Xavier's will shows that he is being an rear end in a top hat from beyond the grave.

I really hope its something along the lines of "If by any chance I'm murdered by Scott, The Red Skull has my permission to totally use my brain to cause some poo poo to go down and then disappear for a while.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What would be the Heroes/Villains list of suspects to be able to take down the Watcher?

Heroes: Pretty much all the Avengers/New Avengers, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, Starjammers, SWORD, X-Men, Loki: Agent of Asgard, Thunderbolts and Black Bolt.

Villains: Hydra/AIM, Disciples of Apocalypse, Srulls, Badoon, Spartax, Intelligencia(?), Midas, Exterminatrix and of course Dr. Doom and Maximus the Mad.

Dark horse I would think that it's Nick Fury to be the mastermind doing something like this in order to do some greater good by doing something heinous first.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 7, 2014

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

d00gZ posted:

It's been ten years since Identity Crisis and the founding of BSS. Thought I'd try to bring back an ol' tradition.

I demand sock puppets! :mad:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

So The Orb is the Dr. Light of this event, then?

That has so many gross implications I hope it doesn't go that route and the result from the eye-splosion ties directly to Avengers #29 should it not?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I don't want to live in a world where cigar chomping former Howling Commando leader Nick Fury isn't in the 616. Doing cool spy poo poo, being grizzled as gently caress, and turning wheels within wheels within wheels. :colbert:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wanderer posted:

I think my favorite part of this issue was the exchange at the end.

OLD FURY: ...anyway! I've been killing to keep the world safe for a good sixty years. Thoughts?
ANT-MAN: That does not explain you being old as hell.
DR. STRANGE: I've known you for years. How did I not know about this?
EMMA FROST: I still don't really trust you, you know.
PUNISHER: I am 200% ON BOARD WITH THIS. Tell me about these... gamma bullets.

It all makes sense now, its not Bucky who's going to be the new man on the wall. Its Frank, this is the PERFECT job for him it has him written all over it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Unmature posted:

I don't understand how people can be upset about this book being too goofy. It's clearly going for over the top pulp goofiness to the max. He shot a loving planet with a gamma bullet. That's :krad:.

Just because the visual aesthetic is dark and noir-y, people assume the writing has to be that 100%. God forbid a comic have a little fun.

Also, am I the only one really enjoying the Hulk vs. Iron Man comic? I've liked both issues a lot so far and no one's talking about it.

Any comic that has Tony getting shown how much of an idiot he truly is I'm going to like. The Hulk turning him into a bloody smear is A-OK with me. Also its so typical that instead of him owning up to it after he finds out that oh poo poo I probably did cause the Hulk to happen because of my alcoholic abuse he's going to try and HIDE IT??? Oh man I'm so hoping for some more justified Hulk Smash, as much since World War Hulk.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else feel like it was a total rear end pull how Tony was cleared of any wrong doing with the Gamma Bomb? I was eating up every page of Smart Hulk utterly destroying and outsmarting Tony and then it was just....blah.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I honestly think it has something to do with Toruun his and Sif's kid. This past week's Avengers World had those kid Avengers from Bendis's Avengers run. And to me in my mind she's the obvious new Thor.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So FINALLY the Original Sin tie in for GoTG came out I think other than the and Avengers book I have been frothing at the mouth for some kind of explanation as to the throw down in the Cancerverse. Admittedly it is going kinda well for me not so Bendis-y as far as blotting out a book in word bubbles.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Drax was killed by Thanos so him coming back had to be explained to.

I......never had a problem with that? You may have quoted the wrong person. Also McGuinness's art was really awesome just how he draws a gleeful Thanos beating the poo poo out of people and having his poo poo beat right back. Ugh I really miss DnA Cosmic Marvel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So the LMD space base disappeared off panel, Not Quite Marvel Max Fury is now Watcher. Does anyone else feel like we are now going to have a bunch of LMDs of Fury running around everywhere being proactive and poo poo under the guidance of Old Man Watcher Fury? I mean he wouldn't be interfering not really, plus he isn't beholden to the original's race decision of not interfering. It almost feels like the time Half Jordan became The Spectre and he's around visiting saying he can't interfere, but his squad of LMDs and Bucky are everywhere killing the poo poo out of poo poo! There's going to be some kind of event where he flips the bird at the other watchers starts some war and they get fed up and give him back his youth and relieve him of said duties cause he'd be such a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So Original Sin: Thor & Loki kinda ends with a dud, and was kinda hoping it would have revealed what made Thor so unworthy. Also Uncanny X-Men tie in is just loving trolling in how it just keeps going and going it's almost as bad as some Mangas.

• Locked thread