Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Another Spider-Man doesn't seem like particularly interesting territory when there's already been so much cloning.

Yeah, its kind of hard to care when there are already multiple people with Spider powers running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WickedHate posted:

If Nick Fury is involved I really want him to be hiding one of the eyes in his own empty eye socket, covered by the eye patch.

He still has two eyes, his eyepatch eye is just all hosed up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

First Bass posted:

Is there a reason Dr. Midas dresses like Iron Man from the '60s? Also, for all the crazy and campy bullshit I've seen in comics over the years, I'm sort of stuck in a quantum superposition of loving and hating Nick Fury just taking everyone to the moon in a flying car that bears an eerie resemblance to the one Coulson flies/drives in the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show. I mean, it's awesome in its sheer ridiculousness, but then again, it would have to be the Magic loving Schoolbus to do that.

Anyways, the Strange/Castle team-up I'm looking forward to. The Lang/Frost pairing? Not so much. Also, wasn't Uatu married with a wife and kid? Is the Fulcrum going to make an appearance; the death of a Watcher must be pretty serious poo poo. And with Uatu dead, who the hell is going to curate the What If? stories now!?

Midas' thing is that he's a collector and one of the things he collected was the Iron Man suit Tony was wearing when he founded the Avengers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a better one would have been Reed Richards or another member of the F4, since that part was supposed to be indicative of his reaction to the start of the Hero age.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE THOR'S LOST SISTER? IS IT THE CHARACTER ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senor Candle posted:

Wait did they actually try to make it a mystery?

Eh, not really but it still isn't great storytelling to have the main characters working to figure something out that the reader already knows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Midas sideplot seems super pointless in retrospect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite part of that image is the framed picture of himself right next to his blurred out face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senor Candle posted:

There is a MAJOR thing revealed in Original Sins this week. I feel like something like that should have been in the regular series, it's weird.
Dum Dum has been dead for a long time but Fury keeps replacing him with super LMD's

That really seems like a plot development that's going to be ignored pretty quickly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure how I feel about the "And Drax was there too, for some reason."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

I really liked the Guardians tie in. McGuiness art fits and it actually feels like the logical progression.
The Nova tie in hints at what happens to the Corps. I think they dove en mass into the Cancer verse to rescue Dick Ryder.

I don't think there was actually much of a Corps by that point. IIRC in his solo series he was building up the Nova Corps again but then right before it ended there was the whole Ego/Worldmind thing where it over recruited and that arc ended with Richard severely cutting back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dacap posted:

Did Fury Jr even appear in Original Sin? Seems odd that he wouldn't show up in a story that's meant to be the send off moment.

I really hate that they called that character Nick Fury Jr just so that they can state that they have "a" black Nick Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the issue was that Fury was taking preemptive action. So he was killing people/things before they actually did anything wrong.

• Locked thread