Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

In the first three issues of Tangled Web, we were introduced to a bully who saw what happened to Peter and thinking he could gain the same powers he ate the spider. He later gained the ability you mentioned and became THE THOUSAND.

Written by Garth Ennis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sithsaber posted:

Not if he wasn't going to fire.

Really, it depends on the writer. Peter has used his spider-sense in some really strange ways before. Some writers make it almost as accurate and detailed as Daredevil being able to hear a heart beat and being able to tell if someone is lying. I vaguely remember him hunting down journalistic leads once and using his Spider-sense to help determine what was true and what was false. Sometimes it senses him of just a general sense of danger. And most often, it is an immediate threat with only a few seconds to react.

But I think regardless, someone pointing a gun and aiming it would set it off.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I have to overall agree with LP. I'm reading this because I like Aaron so it isn't like I'm hate reading it. But I think it is fairly absurd and I think Aaron is a better writer than this.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hell the Original Sin Avengers books don't even feature the Orb and the watcher's eye scene. Cap just remembers while dreaming one night.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I hope we get some resolution to what Fury said to Thor.

• Locked thread