Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
E: Ignore me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

The most shocking twists usually come from people you don't expect. In this situation, i'm going to say Nick Fury fits that bill perfectly. He doesn't ask to go along with everyone, Cap puts him in charge, he's the exact type of guy who'd do a means justify the ends type reasoning as to why he had to kill the watcher and take one of his eyes. Calling in a second group to come ransack the place and cover his tracks is right up his alley and he can always use the out that it's another LMD gone bad like Max Fury.
This little exchange of dialogue made me think there might be some life-model decoy shenanigans:

Fury: Did you tell them I was here?
Cap: No. I didn't know if you were still were.
Fury: Good. I don't know if I am either.

Obviously on surface, it's just Fury unsure if he's getting involved. But I did wonder if it was some foreshadowing. If Fury was the one who actually took the shot then at least some of the Fury we see in this issue is a LMD. Which could open up some weirdness if the LMD is functioning autonomously, doesn't know it's an LMD, and is basically chasing itself.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

d00gZ posted:

There's almost no way Bucky's the killer on purpose, UNLESS Old Fury's been programming him to do this for decades. Most of the monsters that've gotten gamma-irradiated bullets to the head died way before the Winter Soldier arc, while he was still working for the Soviets.
It's been a bit since I've read the Brubaker run. But I do wonder if they're going to reveal that Fury was somehow the one who had been winding up Bucky all those years, rendering the Soviet backstory either complete or partial bullshit.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Unmature posted:

Catching up on this now. I love how Original Sin is this grim, noir mystery told super straight, but full of goofy poo poo like a trail of bullet casings in space, a murdered planet, eyeball face and glowing green bullets. Really enjoying it so far.
That's really Aaron's deal. Wolverine and the X-men is known for being goofy and over-the-top, but it's also pretty weird and grotesque at times. I think this book's tone will be defined by the fact that, yes, Bucky Barnes was carrying around a decapitated head, but he also swung it around and smacked someone in the face with it during a fight.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Eh, not really but it still isn't great storytelling to have the main characters working to figure something out that the reader already knows.
Dramatic irony isn't really new dude and can offer good storytelling opportunities.

• Locked thread