Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since I assume it will come into play during this event now, did Nova's dad just disappear off panel or was it an on panel, but not seen by Sam thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

d00gZ posted:

Between this and All-New X-Men, Bendis really likes seeing the Watcher on a pulpit, eh?

This isn't Bendis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another Spider-Man doesn't seem like particularly interesting territory when there's already been so much cloning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to turn out the spider bit Jessica Drew, and everyone is going to have a good laugh and "I told you so!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is a costume from Marvel Heroes for Thing, called Thing Incognito.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Lot of people around here that haven't read Marvel Boy :colbert:

What movie was he from?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I think I'm just not convinced Fury straight up murdered the Watcher. How many more issues are there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bucky has an ongoing starting in October.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sin is the main story, Sins is an anthology book about characters not big enough to have their own books to drop secrets in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone walked on Uatu's brain. Didn't even need to shrink down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mighty Avengers is being canceled because nobody is reading it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know. It was a sidebar article off a link someone posted.

Maybe it was just a rumor. It seems to sell well enough actually. A decent amount above Marvel's usual cancellation line.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I think it would be very highly regarded in BSS if it wasn't for Greg Land. Is Hickman's run going to be done by the time the movie comes out?

No. Hickman's run ends a few months later.

Edit: The first reports were September. I guess it's actually May.

So yes, same time.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 17, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LittlePriest posted:

Lets interject that little bit of reality into comics so we have to wonder why these super bad guys that outnumber all heroes ten to one don't start sniping people from a mile away as well. If our noble heroes are endorsing and actively participating in ambush murders and assassinations, why aren't the "bad guys" capable of the same?

Because Nick Fury does his job.

Also you might want to take a look at the team Fury chose again. The only 'noble' guy there is Panther and that's only in the literal sense. That's not an accident.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think once superheroes emerged, Fury adjusted his role.

Black ops stuff or something. A demon making a move for Earth is Doctor Strange territory. A demon consolidating power who could potentially pose a threat down the line? That's Fury.

A skrull attack fleet is a job for the Avengers. A Skrull warlord back on their home planet building up his resources? Pop him from orbit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're colorful books for children dude. Let it go.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thor did it. That's what Fury told him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

"There's not time to explain!" he repeated seventy three times proving he actually had ample time to explain.

Also eye patch sporting military guy just chumped a bunch of more powerful people with no real explanation beyond badassry. Aaron really did say to himself "I can make Identity Crisis better."

It wasn't actually unexplained. He had crazy future space stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The second word is obviously Alderaan.

Princess Leia as new Thor confirmed?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jane has told Thor that like 4 times though. Why would it affect him more from Fury?

Making the main love interest character the female version of the hero is the most cliche way to go too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know how Wild, Wild West scientifically proved your eyes keep a static image of the last thing you saw?

Well look at how big his drat eyes are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He shoves the Watcher's eyes in his own sockets (He loses the other eye to.... Oh, I don't know, let's say Moe) and that makes his head swell up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

Does each eye contain half of Uatu's knowledge, or do both hold full copies of all his knowledge?

If he didn't have his eyes running in a RAID then I'm glad he's dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well he already killed Daken.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skyfall definitely says it's not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn't Fury "on the wall" for like 60 years? Pretty lovely job by The Watcher.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And is explicitly said to be covered in the next issue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Next (and final) issue of Thor: God of Thunder, I mean. It comes out in a week and a half.

Then 2 weeks after that is the first issue of just "Thor".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uatu isn't really important enough that it's inconceivable to think he'll stay dead a while.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Annihilation Wave couldn't even defeat the Kree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"You caused Jane's cancer".

• Locked thread