Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Siege: Heart of Darkness... Won't have any new Ivory-legal cards in it.

We don't know that for sure, yet. It has three legal decks, and a raid deck. We don't know if those decks have new cards in them, and we also don't know if any of the cards in the raid deck will be legal. We don't have any unaligned strongholds yet so I personally am hoping the raid stronghold will be Ivory legal.

So some stuff about other formats, like Big Deck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Ninja stronghold (the holding)! I am working on BD Ninja now, using the Dark Path of Shadow because it's busted and treats the ninja keyword as a faction trait.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Nightwatcher posted:

Asked this in the last thread but never really got an answer. Considering returning to L5R after a 10 year break. Played lion but was not a huge fan of the military deck I was playing - I will probably be getting one of the starter decks this weekend.
Right now I am looking at Crane, Mantis, Scorpion and Phoenix. I would like to be able to play honor / dishonor semi-competitively when I get better at the game.

I will agree that Scorpion is the way to go for dishonor. Be aware, a key dishonor card, Brilliant Cascade Inn, is the chase card in the set right now. Also, I have it on good authority that Spider honor is getting a boost in The Coming Storm. Watch the previews for the next couple weeks, and our opinions might change!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Big Deck is pretty legit. I tend to play Toturi's Army or Brotherhood of Shinsei. Shinsei are way loving better in BD then they ever were in actual L5R since their clan keyword is off the hook crazy.

Monk BD is something I have been kicking around for a bit in my head. Shameless abuse of rings and kiho. Running sensei that align people to you can expand that into giggles too: Aktoktuck Sensei gives all ratlings the Monk keyword? Deal.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

PrinnySquadron posted:

Teachings are controversial for being "gently caress it, do what you want" which isn't the Done Thing in Rokugan, essentially. It;s seens as discarding the Virtues of Bushido and is kind of taking some of the blame for the mess in the Second City.

Yup, rugged individualism is frowned upon in Rokugani society.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Where the PR guys just, you know, not good at the game? Or was a it a five-man Kotei; because this arch it would be believable.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Those Spider cards rock. I am so excited about Spider honor. Hooray!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Anyone still into this? I'm dusting off my cards for Modern and BigDeck, trying to track down all the newest IvE expansions. Seeing all the clans make cut at major tournaments makes me think, "Oh, hey, balance."

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I've got my trade list cleaned up and posted on the AEG forums so click this and trade me cards.

Is anyone playing extended formats like BigDeck or Modern yet? I'm getting old cards out and sorted, hoping this is somewhat worth my time.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

New cards for koku just went up. Get all the hotness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

If you missed it elsewhere Fantasy Flight Games has purchased L5R and will be releasing it as an LCG in 2017.

This is AEG's release on the topic.

• Locked thread