Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
oh boy the goog really did it this time
that's like, worse than 90s microsoft gattam

(if true, but im not doubting it all that much which says a lot about what google did with their name the past 5 years)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i wouldnt doubt that being true

lol if you seriously thought google was some kind of altruistic group of do-gooder autists

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

holy poo poo

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i hope thats real. why didnt this guy go to a newspaper or something??

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

cremnob posted:

i'm guessing he was afraid that it would be a potential avenue for google to get back to him

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol, the first comment on a hackernews post about it is all "well i went and asked some people who work for adsense and they said that it's all wrong so end of story, guys!"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

whats the hackernews link??

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cremnob posted:

if it's real that guys a moron for not finding a lawyer and dangling the meatiest juiciest steak in the industry in front of him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
ww.w.hacker.news/google-clown-sense

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

If you are going to sit around and "see what happens" for 3 years, you talk to a lawyer. You gather evidence. Emails, text chats, etc. You audio record meetings and conversations with people (subject to lawyer advice). You collect enough information over a long enough period of time so that an investigator can trivially search a dumped archive of email to verify your claims.

But we are supposed to believe someone who offers effectively no evidence from the duration of their claimed tenure, and who pushes it off as "I stayed because I had a family to support, and secondly I wanted to see how far they would go." and identity protection at the level of "such as waiting for the appropriate employee turn around"

So... no Hardy Boys level of investigation was performed, no evidence was gathered, no voices were recorded, no text messages were saved, no emails were forwarded, not a single byte was smuggled out on a flash drive nestled in the poster's pocket. Nothing was done to offer even the slightest bit of recording of anything.

The poster is either the most pathetic excuse for a whistle blower that I've ever heard, or it's a poor-quality April fool's joke that is 28 days too late.

be your own bankcriminal investigator!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yeah, clandestine recording in a workplace and copying secure files always goes over great with an employer and the courts

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

wheres the story on HN??????????

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

on a side note im starting to see more people writing about the haunted empire that google actually is cause facebook is cleaning their clock in mobile. the narrative is finally starting taking shape in the media which is the first stage of google's end

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

using google+ is like wandering through the pristine future ruins of a city built by madmen

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

post the link to the HN story u fucker

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

cremnob posted:

post the link to the HN story u fucker
here you go are you happy now?

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 29, 2014

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cygni posted:

yeah, clandestine recording in a workplace and copying secure files always goes over great with an employer and the courts

thats why you nestle a flash drive full of bytes in your pocket, those bytes are untraceable

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

using google+ is like wandering through the pristine future ruins of a city built by madmen

its what I imagine those chinese skyscraper ghost towns are like

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/29/5665516/sign-in-with-google-button-could-send-google-plus-to-oblivion

Google, for its part, denies any plans to change its strategy with Google+. But now comes evidence that the company is indeed exploring a future where Google+ branding gradually fades into the background. Some developers implementing Google+ logins on their websites are now seeing an option to add a "sign in with Google" button, according to people who The Verge has spoken with. Screenshots show a simple blue button with a white Google "g" logo and the words "sign in" or "sign in with Google."

it's dead

pram
Jun 10, 2001
scroogled again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AtomD posted:

oh boy the goog really did it this time
that's like, worse than 90s microsoft gattam

(if true, but im not doubting it all that much which says a lot about what google did with their name the past 5 years)

Microsoft made the best operation system and crushed everyone by being better. what goog is doing is fraud

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

scroogled again

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

Microsoft made the best operation system and crushed everyone by being better. what goog is doing is fraud

ohhhh shaggar

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so they just now released google docs for iOS

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PleasureKevin posted:

so they just now released google docs for iOS

drive has been out for a while tho ?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Foogle

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2014/04/f8-introducing-anonymous-login-and-an-updated-facebook-login/

http://applinks.org/

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/30/facebook-audience-network-mobile-ad-network-launches-at-f8/

lmao fb is routing the gently caress out of google. google is poo poo on mobile and people spending all their time in apps instead of on google properties (like they do on desktop) or sites that are indexable by google will accelerate their death.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
*posts insignificant thing that doesn't matter*

lmao google getting owned

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
point on the doll to where google hurt you cremnob

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
know what i hate? when you use a facebook login for a thing and they make you choose a username and password anyway b/c they just want your facebook friend lists and poo poo like that

wtf app dudes

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

know what i hate? when you use a facebook

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Dicky B posted:

know what i hate? facebook

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i liked the fictional social network in 30 Rock, "youface"

i hope more movies start picking up on that like they did morley cigarettes and heisler beer and oceanic airlines

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

anything that cuts off google at the knees in their attempt to remain relevant in the post-pc world is a good thing. and facebook is excelling at it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

crunchy tech take down g+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rotor make a social network, use your powers for good

• Locked thread