Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol

https://twitter.com/RealNickFox/status/834922302772916224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i have no loving clue what will happen to dell. that poo poo is risky as hell and i have no idea how it could pay off.

dell bet the farm on owning the hardware and software in the datacenter and it was a completely brilliant move

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
like theyre literally shipping datacenter-in-a-box rn

https://www.emc.com/en-us/converged-infrastructure/vxrail/index.htm

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haha, so cool!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I really don't like vsan stuff but storage is becoming such a minor line item in the total cost of the stack that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and go with it on our next gen of hardware. This poo poo is seriously nice and so so dense.

yep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blue Train posted:

One time as a childe I was spending the night at a friend's house and locked the door as I used the bathroom. My friend's father then appeared from nowhere and said from outside the door that they don't allow locked doors in their house. It was very unsettling and I learned later that this is apparently a thing among some people

nnnnnnnnnnnnope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

words of someone who never had to support internet explorer versions 6-9 [nice]

loving tw

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pryor on Fire posted:

Remember how strict xml was going to be the future of the internet/web/everything

yyyyep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

yeah they should have sat you down and explained it to you instead. then maybe the web wouldn't be so lovely

shags has a point

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Maluco Marinero posted:

JK Simmons has that quality to take a role, seemingly any role, and then make it impossible to imagine any one else who could be better suited for it.

gene wilder
denzel washington

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

anthonypants posted:

rip raúl juliá

reminder that even as he was dying, as his kids were street fighter fans, he took the role of m bison so he could show his kids he could be a big bad villain too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lancemantis posted:

street fighter is from the wonderful era where video game and comic book movies were just studios licensing popular properties and then taking the characters and maybe a little of their backgrounds and just doing whatever the hell they wanted to make a movie; they may have often been terrible but at least they weren't all just pure fan-service

fun for the actors too! van damme had a 2gram a day habit while loving kylie minogue and the rest were getting nonstop handjobs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i completely forgot about tim armstrong

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

maskenfreiheit posted:

I’m gonna keep swapping batteries in my 6s as long as it’s getting Security updates. I love my headphone port and android is garbage

don't post here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

i want to take away the policemen's cars

cops hide in their cars and only talk to people when there's something bad going down. instead make them walk a beat, so they interact with people on a regular basis in a normal context. "hi officer, how are you" "oh pretty good, nice day today innit?" etc. both the policemen and the populace will benefit

most cop cars here have WALK MY BEAT bumper stickers. it's funny

there was an initiative last year to put cops on bikes in the warm months. it lasted maybe 2 weeks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

costs the same as a 2018 ipad

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

a) android thread

b) wealthy people don't spend money, that's how they stay wealthy

:ssh: its spending other peoples money

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
we tried to get scholar to unblock an IP

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
chome is clown shoes on any platform fyi

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

remember when they crammed google+ accounts down everyone's throats? you couldn't use youtube without a google+ account.

lol

i forgot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

A tenured professor can choose to teach an outdated topic that actively sabotages the students' education and job prospects, refusing to update their own skillset to reflect contemporary practice, and there's essentially no way that anyone can change the situation.

ayup

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

ensuring that one class sequences properly into the next

first c++ class final huge project: write your own custom class with 4 objects in it! woof!
second c++ class first day: write and traverse this 20 node red black tree you idiot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
had a meeting a couple weeks ago and a person was like 'wow what if the students just ran their own isolated docker instance to etc/etc/etc' and i was like 'lol they only started teaching version control two years ago'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

its option-2 OP ™

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i know a bunch of architects and all but two smoke a ton of weed before work every day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fishmech posted:

One of the things he did was to wait good and long for morning traffic to clear out before he even considered starting his Buick to drive in to the office

tbh i dont know how people sit in loving rushhour traffic every single day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol @ watching utubs not in private mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did you know? people, like, login to chome with an account (lol) which then logs them again into youtube (lol)

• Locked thread