Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

The Management posted:

if this was apple every news organization would be running headlines about exploding iPhones and how the company is doomed. but it's Samsung so no one cares.

to be fair, samsung phones have a tradition to exploding because they're poor, cheap products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
apparently a note 7 blew up in the hands of a 6 year old

gg sarnsung

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
lol the s7 edge has problems to

https://www.classaction.com/news/exploding-galaxy-edge-s7-causes-3rd-degree-burns-man/

there's pictures of burns in that link so nsfw

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
i use chrome for the one instance a week I actually need flash

flash breaks chrome around 80% of the time lmao gg

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
How SMS works.

"If they’re on an iPhone, they’ll receive an SMS with your name, the contents of your message, and a link to download the app. They can then download it or — if they want — just reply via SMS. Google has set up a full SMS relay so that your recalcitrant friends can avoid installing it at all if they don't want to.
If they’re on an Android phone, something new and intriguing happens. Google is calling it an "app preview notification," and basically it shoots a notification directly to your Android device instead of going through SMS. Your friend will get a notification that looks and acts almost as if they had the app installed in the first place, message content and all. It means they won’t incur any SMS fees, either. Your recipient can reply within the notification, or tap on it to install the app."

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/21/12996170/google-allo-review-assistant-messaging-chat-app

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
once again google strives to make a knockoff iMessage clone, and proceeds to fail spectacularly

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

rapeface posted:

how is Allo somehow worse than the new iMessage

google is how

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
fail repeatedly over and over again?

me too, me too

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
assistant sounds like something that was solved with siri/ok google/etc years ago which have the convenient ability to use your voice instead of typing it out

USSAr fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 22, 2016

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
i can't wait for someone to open their Samsung refrigerator to find that everything inside has been cooked to perfection

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

KillHour posted:

I got rid of the text altogether and toned down the saturation. Thanks.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
how dead is allo?

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

maybe i have an autistic anroid-trained brain, but when i pick up an iphone i have no idea how to use it. the interface is not intuitive at all. someone will be driving and be like 'can you grab my phone and text beth we're on the way' and i'll end up deleting an email instead.

that said, im pissed as heck about google phones. i got a nexus 5x, and it got bricked by the reboot-loop issue just after the warranty period. so i got a pixel. it's less than 6mo and the audio system is completely hosed. microphone doesn't work, speaker doesn't work, headphones don't work unless they're bluetooth. its completely useless as a phone. my friends are like "just bring it back to the store. oh wait lol owned". i have to mail it back and wait for a new one (if they even have any) like its fuckin 2002.

This is why every Android phone ships with 3 different messaging, email, phone calling, app stores, etc. So people eventually stumble upon what they need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
imagine working for google and realizing your company basically has access to all of your nudes

• Locked thread