Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cygni posted:

yeah, clandestine recording in a workplace and copying secure files always goes over great with an employer and the courts

thats why you nestle a flash drive full of bytes in your pocket, those bytes are untraceable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

using google+ is like wandering through the pristine future ruins of a city built by madmen

its what I imagine those chinese skyscraper ghost towns are like

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ios 7 is great, looks great, perfectly legible, much better than forstall os 6, yall are idiots

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cygni posted:

flat UI design is bad and i blame google for its prevalence
google UI design is bad

flat is fine if you get it right, see iOS 7 for details

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

nah it looks good, icons look fine, definitely the best looking OS. I'll grant that some third party apps are ugly as a result of devs not applying the new design principles

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it only took them 2 years to implement this trivial feature

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

computer parts posted:

i thought that'd be a realtime location of where the devices were but i guess that's too creepy/the :nsa: wants that for themselves

no that's what find my friends is for

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah its for searching your iphone contacts and getting directions to their address

it took until version 3.0 for them to add that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Install Windows posted:

"excuse me you see signing up for g+ will hurt my freedoms therefore i will resist it forever"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Install Windows posted:

lol that you think imessage is in any way good

android and PC havers cant use it to contact me so it's automatically the best messaging client regardless all other considerations

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

big reorg, but we didn't move to android like techcrunch or whoever said. i'm on the ios version now.

can you make it not show messages as unread when I read them on my laptop hours ago

fuckin annoying

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I opened hangouts so I could message my coworker while I was in the shitter. I guess it updated because it displayed a welcome/get started screen. then it would hang on this screen.

force quitting the app doesn't help it just hangs on that screen forever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

(pm me if you want someone to look in to it)
i had to reinstall the app, yall hosed up, please fix the other bug I mentioned but idc about this one [I don't consider it a bug that I was prevented from using hangouts]

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cool case, I still have mine :smuggo::respek::smugmrgw:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol I did not hear about this

that's so android

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

everyone and their mother

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

if someone is all "oh i don't use Facebook :smug: :smug: :smuggo:" people probably don't want to sleep with them, for very good reasons.

pretty much, everyone has an account, and if you don't you need to get with the program

twitter, instagram, snapchat etc aren't facebook replacements they are horrible garbage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lately I always use Maps.ipa for known places. google sucks balls at everythign except searching for places

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

is chrome ever not the culprit for you guys cause it always tops the list on mine

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

today I got a warning, 0 bytes left on C:... turned out AppData/Google Chrome had grown to over 80GB

gently caress Google, your poo poo is garbage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

infernal machines posted:

sounds like the setup for a tom clancy novel.

now all we need is a good 'ol fashioned terrorist attack on the resort

I'm still holding out hope Obama will pull off the mask and reveal he truly was a Marxist Nazi all along. he does this a couple hours after ordering a series of lethal drone strikes on the google executive retreat

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

eric is the loving worst I hate him so much

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress off

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the CEO of a food service corporation was caught on security cam beating his dog in an elevator

he lied and said it was his friend's dog and claimed that he "lost his temper" and this behaviour was "out of character" for him

it of course turned out that it was his dog (a doberman, natch) and the SPCA found it crated in a puddle of its own filth with food and water out of reach

he is on "indefinite probation" with his company and was made to shell out a bunch of money to charity. but he gets to keep his job

a major Canadian newspaper then ran a piece telling us all to lay of the poor man who has clearly suffered enough and stop boycotting his employer and this just shows how The Progressive Left has defective morals and cares more about animals than humans

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

http://fortune.com/2014/08/25/dog-abuse-video-stadium-food-centerplate-des-hague/
http://www.smh.com.au/world/ceo-desmond-hague-caught-on-camera-kicking-doberman-puppy-in-lift-of-luxury-condos-20140828-109d77.html
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/08/28/brian-hutchinson-executives-dog-abuse-elevated-into-a-tragedy-by-animal-lovers/

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my engineer friend has totally drunk the google car kool aid. keeps misconstruing my argument as "robot cars are not possible even theoretically" instead of "this lovely company is lying to you and is years if not decades away from a marketable product"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Larry Page wants a Google 2.0 that will build cities and airports, report says
The world's got problems and the Google CEO is searching for solutions

As if self-driving cars, balloon-carried internet, or the eradication of death weren't ambitious enough projects, Google CEO Larry Page has apparently been working behind the scenes to set up even bolder tasks for his company. The Information reports that Page started up a Google 2.0 project inside the company a year ago to look at the big challenges facing humanity and the ways Google can overcome them. Among the grand-scale plans discussed were Page's desire to build a more efficient airport as well as a model city. To progress these ideas to fruition, the Google chief has also apparently proposed a second research and development lab, called Google Y, to focus on even longer-term programs that the current Google X, which looks to support future technology and is headed up by his close ally Sergey Brin.

None of these ambitions seem to be taking commercial considerations into account, at least not at their outset. More realistic and near-term goals have also been under discussion during Google 2.0 meetings, including Page's determination that location tracking should be precise "down to the inches." That would allow people to identify those around them discreetly, as well as providing information to store owners that can help customize what you're presented with as you walk through a shop. Also, just as Apple is doing with Touch ID on the iPhone, Page wants to see some form of biometric security — potentially provided by the sensors embedded in smartwatches — replacing the traditional (and traditionally insecure) written password. It's hardly a surprise to see Google thinking about the future, but the ambition illustrated in this report is strikingly grand and all-encompassing, even for a company as vast as the one Larry Page controls.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

holy gently caress I hate nerds so much

im terrified to forward that article to anyone because I know half of them will be like "yeah people are the problem politics suck"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the biggest problem in cities is sewage and garbage collection. we know how to solve those problems, and yet half the world's cities are in deplorable states

pro tip: software is not gonna fix it

no man it's access to cheap broadband, and it's all because of stupid humans and their inefficient politics guuuuhhhh

baahhhhh

tssuuuuuuhhhhhhh

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

JewKiller 3000 posted:

generation x this, generation x that, this guy is a mouth-breathing retard with no ideas of his own

yup

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

hangouts crashes every time I try to open it. another quality Google product.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im glad they spend all this money and effort on dumbshit features like detecting your fake accent instead of fixing the dumpstertrash security of their mobile OS

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

down with the google
death to the google

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cremnob posted:

google's got obama and cameron in their pocket. they don't have germany and the rest of the EU

thanks for this. I've been looking for another reason to hate the poo poo out of David Cameron

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

people who cause stand up to take more than like 5 minutes are the worst

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

fleshweasel posted:

whats the current 'pos-approved email service

iCloud, obviously

or Outlook I guess if u like hot teen girls

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

December 31, 2014 | OAKLAND, Calif. (CN) - Though vomiting and bleeding from the eyes, a painter was told to get back to work and to "stop being a baby" while repainting Google founder Larry Page's yacht, the man claims in court.

James Grupinski sued Larry Page, Modern Mud, and HF Interior for personal injuries, on Dec. 23 in Alameda County Court.

Grupinski's attorney Abraham Feinstein-Hillsman told Courthouse News the 193-foot yacht Senses Georgetown belongs to Google CEO Larry Page. Feinstein-Hillsman declined further comment.

According to the lawsuit, the defendants hired Grupinski to remodel, refinish and repaint the yacht's interior.

Grupinski says he worked 12-hour days in confined spaces with inadequate ventilation, and he was regularly exposed to noxious fumes and vapors from the Fiberglas products provided by his employers.

Grupinski claims he asked his HF supervisor, Heidi, refused his request for adequate safety equipment for the job. He says was given inadequate safety gloves and inadequate filters for his breathing respirator, and his workspaces were never properly ventilated.

When he complained, Heidi told him to "get back down there and do the work," or she would "find someone else," Grupinski says.

He claims he called an HF representative and threatened to stop work, but the rep persuaded him to stay on by promising that Heidi would be replaced as crew leader.

When Heidi learned of the call, Grupinski says, she confronted him, told him he'd "stabbed her in the back" and ordered him to redo all the work he'd already done on the yacht. He says another HF supervisor gave him a paint stripper to do so.

Grupinski says he did not know that Parks Pro Liquid Paint Stripper was a highly toxic petrochemical that had been discontinued by its manufacturer for at least a decade.

After four hours of work with the paint stripper under the same inadequate safety conditions, Grupinski says, he collapsed, unconscious. When other workers on the yacht hauled him onto the deck, he says, he started vomiting and bleeding from the eyes, ears and anus.

Grupinski says that when he asked his HF supervisors to take him to a hospital, they told him to "drink some milk" and "stop being a baby."

He was fired the next day and was not allowed to fill out an accident report, Grupinski says.

Since then, he says, he has received emergency and continuing medical treatment for seizures, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, neuropathy, neurotoxicity, early-onset Alzheimer's disease, diabetes and supra-umbilical hernias.

The defendants could not be reached for comment.

Grupinski is represented by Abraham Feinstein-Hillsman, with McGuinn Hillsman in San Francisco.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

also these are the hypothetical jobs created when someone buys a yacht, to work in a poison hellscape for an indifferent slave driver
a bullet to the skull of every yacht owner

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Sudo Echo posted:

dear google: what the gently caress is this title bar jesus christ

they changed the UX for the worse, and did not fix any of the outstanding issues, such as unreasonable massive battery consumption

SOP for google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

recently came to the realization that apple maps searching is much improved now, so i've demoted google maps off the first home screen page

gently caress that sluggish ui
gently caress the choppy navigation
gently caress splash screens
gently caress material design
gently caress google

• Locked thread