Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

taking a page from the Microsoft playbook...

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/10/google-home-hub-review-a-minimum-viable-product-with-potential/

quote:

The Google Home app now holds device settings for the Chromecast, the Google Home, Home Mini, and Home Max. This year, it added the Home Hub and all the third-party smart displays. It has general account settings, all the Google Assistant settings, and a whole mess of settings for your smart home. It does command discoverability for the Google Assistant plus media browsing, and it recently had the entire smart home dashboard from the Home Hub grafted onto it.

Everything is just there in a big pile. Nothing is laid out logically, nothing is organized, screens are a mile long, and settings are duplicated everywhere you look. So far, I have found three totally different versions of the room-by-room home setup screen. There are probably around 50-100 different screens in the Google Home app now, arranged in layers upon layers upon layers of settings. It is not easy to navigate. This app needs a serious rework, but it would also be great if I could just change the Home Hub settings on the Home Hub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

I find safari very needs suiting, even for development. annoyed I have to keep chrome installed just for hangouts since they blocked any other browser from using it

• Locked thread