Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
google+ photos is the only nice thing about google+. i'm glad they're going to continue to innovate in other ways instead of letting their offerings stagnate like mobileme. mobilefail if you ask me, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
google+ detected there was snow in an auto-uploaded outdoor picture so it added blingee style animated gif snow. it made me so angry i had to find where to disable it so i would never see it again.

the face merging thing is pretty cool though, i haven't ever used it though because i don't have enough friends nor do i smile

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
*posts insignificant thing that doesn't matter*

lmao google getting owned

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
you should stick to lf'ing about stocks and charts, you're clearly completely over your head when talking about anything remotely technical

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

qirex posted:

p sure "this" doesn't work for verbatim strings anymore, I remember getting pissed about that a while back because I was trying to search a string with some punctuation

it definitely works for multiword strings. i can't think of any test case to try it with single words.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
ios7 was about ruining years of good ui by going for looks over legibility and usability, and proving that being a great hardware designer doesn't mean you can design UIs for poo poo.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
yea who wouldn't want to be redeemed in unironic sexist/homophobe cremnob's eyes.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
ooh is this where we get upset about people donating to child's play now

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
that's not really how their api works on the pc at least. its just pushing h264 frames to their ingest servers. theres very little data to be had there.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
that was vimeo that was anti-games videos. youtube didn't have streaming except for partners until relatively recently. call of duty on the 360 had streaming to youtube built in once it went relatively public.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
it is 100% the case right now on the pc, i've used their native integration api. there is some limited metadata that you can optionally provide for stuff like their game directory. however sony is primarily partnered with ustream, and microsoft is obviously very against letting google datamine their consoles, so i'd expect sony/ms to drop twitch before they give in to their data collection demands.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

flakeloaf posted:

well poo poo

the fraps complaint still stands though cause gently caress that garbage

also i'm the isp with 3mbps up that can't play and stream a game at the same time

yea fraps is shockingly bad although i guess most of that is disk io, although i've had way better performance saving local videos with obs. part of it was tools like xsplit/obs starting to come out, though. twitch doesn't have any capture software of its own though, they used to reccomend adobe media manager or whatever stupid crap adobe has for flash media servers

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

rotor posted:

Oh. I thought the ps4 used twitch too?

twitch is an option but ustream was their main partner. i don't know if they nudge you toward ustream in the ui or anything, but for a little while it was the only choice

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

hobbesmaster posted:

except you can install google maps which is freely provided by apple's own servers and never have to deal with it

and jailbreak your phone and install an app for cydia so apple doesn't load apple maps everytime it wants a non-transit map.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
"The second non-jailbreak tweak is an easy one, but it's a little complicated to gather your head around, since it involves several workarounds. Essentially, you save a custom URL as a contact, and ask Siri to find it. When she does, she can launch it and that'll bring up Google Maps with directions from your current location. It's certainly not a perfect solution and it only works with addresses you already know, like your home or work address, but it can still be handy when you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and need to find your way home."

if this isn't good enough for you i don't know what is. ilols get it its a corruption of ios like anroid lol. epic.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

scroogle nmaps posted:

why are we talking about apple.

because its a thread in yospos

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
yospos will get mad, normal people don't give a gently caress about google they just use whatever

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

poty posted:

i mean guys we all know google is monitoring everything we do and say itt as well as at any other loving point in our lives but theyre not gonna give you a six figure salary just because you whiteknight them here sorry to inform u

uhhh i'll have you know i own stocks in stuff this makes me more qualified than you to speak about tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
it'll be nice to see what crapple is preparing to "innovate" for iOS 9

• Locked thread