Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

comments seem to say otherwise gG+ is alive and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I did like Songza because of the curation

But then everyone else started doing it too

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
sxsw pirate

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
they're just trying to get rid of all the olds

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
the selvedge hit close to home

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

ahmeni posted:

if they invent driverless cars with no windows so people can jerk off in them I assure you driverless options will skyrocket

lol if you don't do this already on the interstate

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

The Management posted:

this is the 5% that install the browser on their family's computers and tell their friends about it and post about it online. I.e., useful idiots

that didn't stop the spread of android

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
google adds the silly "no 3rd party extensions" policy into chrome, disabling all user added extensions, yet crazy adware that turns every other word into a link can still be silently injected
you can even uninstall or change options in them directly from the extensions page
why is this allowed

how can one company be so fail

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

Valeyard posted:

3rd party extensions are perfectly fine, they just dont let you add in extensions that you download from god knows where

sorry,
i mean extensions not from the chrome store.

And that still doesn't explain why the SuPeRCoUpOn extension could still be installed for you via malware

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

rjmccall posted:

what the gently caress does it mean to invert a binary tree? a binary tree is not really a special case generic directed graph because the edges are semantically labelled. considering it as one anyway and then inverting the edges erases or changes basically every interesting property of binary trees and disallows the assumed specialized representation

do they mean reversing a binary tree, so that left nodes become right nodes? that is completely trivial and anybody who can't do even a simple recursive solution (perfectly reasonable if it's guaranteed balanced) ought to be ashamed of themselves

maybe turn it upside down so that you have a list of leafs that all end at the head
either way, lol that someone can't do it

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

poty posted:

how do apple interviews look like

ps: is the position for second coming of steve open

you go in, talk to the hiring manager. she asks if you're a virgin. you move to the white room and do whiteboard problems while 1-2 engineers watch you. they whisper to each other as you fret nervously. If you pass, you get to talk to either director or vp.

yes but stebes ghost also watches you in the room.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
the game is not great though
at least from the 15 minutes i played

it's in the vein of tiny tower, airport whatever, etc except with little fallout cartoons and an xcom base

so the only enjoyment i'm getting out of it is the android tears

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

quote:

"We running a business here. Can't have homeless people out here like that. We got geeks. They're scaring folks.”

I certainly hadn't expected him to so candidly explain how Google employees — and especially Google executives — were freaked out by the homeless people outside its walls. So freaked out that he was hired on as part of a beefed up security presence aimed at clearing the public street that bisects Google’s two properties of any homeless presence.

The guard pointed at a Google building on the corner of Hampton Drive and Rose Avenue: "This building right here is for all the engineers. Everyone in there makes over $1 million. They got their own barbershop right there. They take care of them. You can't have all these tents here,"

pretty lols but i wonder if it's not sensationalized to hell.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this is fine. xml offers more than one way to do it, and sometimes people will choose a way you don't like very much.

(it is equally possible to create perverse documents in json or yaml, but you won't even be able to validate the perversity!)

i'd like to see an example of what people think is bad json

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/5/15921340/perfect-smartphone-innovation-stagnation

quote:

What I love about smartphones — and I think this is a passion that most of us share but are unaware of — is that constant jumping around between devices and priorities. It’s because we are never allowed to have everything in one single device that we treasure and appreciate it when any phone comes close. But the truth is that what we enjoy is the chase, and we wouldn’t really know what to do if we ever achieved the goal of perfection.

memoirs of a broken man

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/11/15951108/amazon-prime-dependency

i'm convince this guy is just a longterm troll now

declare his love for switching phones constantly then decry the consumerism of amazon prime

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
why are phones so popular among those anyways. presumably, they don't go out that much so the portability is moot. and build-your-own computers still offer a lot more variety to satiate tendencies of the insane.

phones, you buy and use them. if it sucks, there's not much you can do outside of modified OSes which are declining in popularity even for android.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

basically
companies don't like it when you exclude unless they're poor

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

infernal machines posted:

in other google is poo poo news: google employees self-report salary, find massive pay disparity between genders

google responds "actually that's not true, that doesn't take into account the fact that we simply don't have women in high paying positions"

despite being segmented by levels cool

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

6 is the best followed by fft
this is the correct opinion

jumping into the trap pit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
the true stock android experience