Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao they have two subscription music services don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

subscribe to verizon apps for only $4 a week and receive a new game and ringtone every month!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Athletic Footjob posted:

ill have a sausage bap

mods pls

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh come on, that's so easy a kid could d...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

android was pretty close to working at one point i think

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nintendo Kid posted:

lol at people like u who are still butthurt about the vast majority of smartphone owners using the best os

webos isn't that popular though?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

oh hey cremnob's back

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shifty Pony posted:

dogfooding a home user product on the engineering groups is just a dumb idea. the design team saying that they aren't the target audience should have set off a million alarms in google's gmail for business/education groups too.

google apps is bad, but office 365 is worse.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wild EEPROM posted:

I have unlimited vacation, personal, and sick time

I also don't have to report to anybody, and I don't have to really do any work

:smith:

milton? is that you?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Inbox.app pushes for me so...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

erm thats material design tyvm

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

LastInLine posted:

he means the profile picker which hit mainstream chrome on the last update. disable it by doing chrome flags enable new profile management system > disable

:toot:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

google have promised to upgrade their attention span so there is at least one revision of blocks you can upgrade to the year six months after you buy the backplane and the original components.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Progressive JPEG posted:

Just use gandi

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

scroogled again

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Management posted:

hi, we're google. we discovered your vulnerability a month before your next scheduled update when all of your poo poo is in lockdown for testing. you should add this fix in. too late? well, after you're done with that you can roll it into a quick update and send it out. yeah, this is a flaw in a central component and will require a full QA cycle of the entire OS, how long can that take? oh another month and it will tie up all of your QA resources to take away from development of your upcoming scheduled releases? and your employees were on vacation for half of last month so they couldn't work on it anyway? we don't care about that, we're google. we think you should release this now. you say a million computer janitors just spent all of last week updating their company's machines and there is no reason for them to do it now when they will be doing it again when the next update hits? that sounds like their problem. we just think you need to fix this thing that we found because we found it and we are Google. you know what, we're just gonna release this zero day with sample code and force you to do it.

yes, we do ship broken poo poo all of the time, why do you ask? we're google.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mods

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i imagine its like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYq2dcu9uI

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

google have been busy making changes to the google apps admin control panel, but not in a way that adds any features at all, oh no.

quote:

At Google I/O last June, we introduced material design, a single underlying design system that allows for a beautiful unified experience across platforms and device sizes. You’ve seen these design principles applied to many of Google’s products recently, and today we’re announcing that the Admin console is next in line.

here's a side-by-side comparison

http://goo.gl/sy6ESj

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

they would say "ok we will guarantee timely patches" and then not bother and google wouldn't do anything about it as long as it kept them setting google search as the default on the handsets they shipped.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

isnt that just the standard "korea is never wrong" attitude inside samsung that keeps gifting us with unending streams of poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

annapacketstormaya posted:

this would sort of work if there was anyone googles users could complain to when they have problems

you can make a post in google product forums i guess

lol if you expect that to actually accomplish anything

i opened a ticket with google enterprise support because the windows google drive client would leave 50mb of python related poo poo behind every time it didnt exit cleanly (note: it cant exit cleanly if a user logs out or shuts down, it has to be closed from the system tray). even though google drive is a core app as far as their support goes and was filling laptops with ssds up at the rate of at least 1.5gb a month, their response was that it uses pyinstall and they couldnt do anything about that because it wasnt their code.

the company is a loving joke and anyone who relies on google for anything related to the success of their business should hope they can gtfo before it all comes tumbling down.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao they've killed helpouts. launched in 2013.

edit: sorry, november 2013

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/5/5066674/google-helpouts-launches-a-market-for-live-video-lessons-from-experts

quote:

Although it's a small launch, Google VP of Engineering Udi Manber was bullish on Helpouts' future. Likening current skepticism about Helpouts to how some felt about online shopping in the early days of the internet, Manber repeated over and over at a press event today that "in the end, convenience and efficiency always win."

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 13, 2015

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol business insider

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the only smoke alarms you need are mains powered, battery or capacitor backed, interlinked and a mixture of ionisation and optical depending if its in your kitchen or not. they are £35 each.

gently caress having to wi-fi janitor a smoke alarm through an app jfc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Smythe posted:

lol. little did they know I jacked my dick to their flames :twisted:

have you been copying my technique?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

anthonypants posted:

they should call it redtube because it's in the red lol

so if it ever turns a profit what would you call it?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao 60% of an industry that involves spamming brands onto the internet completely ignore your social network that has practically no barrier to entry or cost associated with doing so.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Celexi posted:

probably because nobody uses inbox as its poo poo so it took them a while to remember

:agreed:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its a piece of poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol if you dont just leave that poo poo unread in your inbox, putting it off until the last possible moment

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

tbf to google the ethernet adaptor is actually quite a nice design. if it was sarnsung it would just be hanging out the usb port and you'd have to choose between powering it or using ethernet until someone on ebay started selling a third party cable to do both.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

contactless payment works fine already and google dont need to reinvent it badly.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PleasureKevin posted:

what i do 9-5 is also gods work, i bet everyone on these forums will use that thing one day

teledildonics?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

yeah their evidence seems to be "it uses only marginally less power!"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

taxi drivers don't want you to know about our final solution for getting around the city!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

not being able to click outside the 'more info' boxes to close them did not bring me pleasure, kevin

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

YouTube Red (lol that name) as well

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9869980/google-pixel-c-tablet-review-android

quote:

The specs are also huge: 3GB of RAM paired to the latest Nvidia X1 64-bit processor. That all seems good, but something is amiss with performance on the Pixel C. There are inexcusable pauses and latency, especially when launching and switching apps. My hunch is that the Android team still hasn’t figured out how to take real advantage of all that power out of Nvidia’s silicon (the Nexus 9 seemed to similarly underutilize its processor). Whatever the reason, it’s a miss. A bad one.

android providing a lovely user experience even when given hardware that is more than powerful enough. nobody could have seen that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

Wi-Fi camera company Dropcam sold to Google's Nest for $555 million in June 2014.

quote:

"there are still a few features in the Dropcam app that aren’t in the Nest app yet. So until we add control by location, email alerts, and video sharing to the Nest app, we’ll keep the Dropcam app up and running."

18 months

• Locked thread