Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

if google hired some movie and video game naming people they would just rename google+ to google and then say they discontinued g+

not a bad idea

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

google's a bunch of criminal shitheads, surprise surprise

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

didnt apple do that in ios 7 safari

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

yea but ios 7 was all about letting the content take front and center and the change fits with the overall design goal. google is trying to become the new aol and have everyone search for keywords on google.com. CPC is tanking, little tweaks like this will incrementally drive up aggregate clicks

http://www.allenpike.com/2014/burying-the-url/

yeah i didnt think about it like that. putting domain only on ios 7 was probably to save space (the domain shrinks a little when you scroll) and to look nicer

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

exant posted:

wean yourself off of old world design metaphors already
lol u have no idea what skueomorphism means. for like the millionth time, it does not mean "flat ui" or "no textures"

in ios 7 there are switches for on/off that resemble a real switch with green meaning on. thats skeuomorphism. hope this helps.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

google glass makes me think of the local computer store in everytown, usa, that started out as a little place that didn't advertise much, had the best prices on things, some neat computer related things, maybe a few games on the wall, a clerk who could have a civilized human conversation

then they started bringing in pink kittycat cases and boob mouse pads and they hired fifty college students to stand around and play quake

then the next thing you know they're on the radio every ten minutes selling phones and rice cookers and loving toasters and six months later the place is closed because they ran out of money trying to hock stupid bullshit instead of just selling loving computers

this is probably the worst analogy ive ever heard fwiw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

watching people play video games, yeah thats what i wanna do

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

twitch actually works really good and i watch it every day while im doing chores. or sometimes when there is a big tourney i buy some beers, chips, anbd dip - and watch it. on the big screen. dota, cs:go, star craft, you name it - im streaming it

pathetic

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

rotor posted:

Apple is a far worse monopoly than MS ever was.

pseudorandom name posted:

Apple Maps is a weird microcosm of every anti-competitive thing they're doing with iOS

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

For the ubercool interactive charts, you need to install the Adobe Flash Player

lmao @ google finance

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

poty posted:

i mean guys we all know google is monitoring everything we do and say itt as well as at any other loving point in our lives but theyre not gonna give you a six figure salary just because you whiteknight them here sorry to inform u

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress google

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bloody posted:

kind of great right up until this is your office:

like man i fuckin wish i had anywhere to woodwork and i wish i had multiple good food options at work

yeah theres some horrendous immature poo poo here but considering their employees are manchildren almost exclusively i think that, corporately, theyve done a drat fine job for themselves

hope they dont mind alienating all future normal employees tho

this is a picture of my literal hell

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they have to be on their toes so they can quickly followup beats by tim with a half finished app that will replace google music (or whatever its called now) to everyone that uses the service's annoyance.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

keep fuckin that chicken

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

Google says that some previous battery issues associated with information transmission are "now done," and that much of the user data is now stored on the cloud, where it doesn't "implicate phone battery consumption."
lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

yes i'm feeling your desperation to try to find any way in which google is trouble, yet not finding it.

i'm feeling the desperation you constantly have throughout this thread. lmao apple's dying

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

fuzzy mammal the sooner u let go of any loyalty u have to google and start treating it as a job u do at a lovely company the happier u will be. google x and the like are jedi mind tricks from management designed to brainwash the drones working for them. they want u to think u work at an innovative tech company, but really ur working at an internet utility that makes its money selling search ads. just ask ur self why the "innovation" never materializes into anything real.

ur plugged into the matrix fuzzy mammal. ur living in a fiction created by google management and ur being strung along with propaganda about larry's "20 year vision". but deep down u know there is no vision. u know that the most innovative thing google did in its entire history as a company was (if we're being generous) making a new search engine in a crowded space. its next hit product was gmail, literally an email service. does that seem like vision to u? no, ur not that dumb. in ur heart u understand that innovation was never part of google's origin story and that as an institution it lacks the skill set to be a real innovative company

when ur ready to take the red pill and take this sucker down, let me know

something something tim something suppository something

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

but seriously cremnob is right

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

that barge got google some serious buzz. especially with what larry said about having a google island where they were free from all laws and could experiment. so i think people imagined they were making some dangerously disruptive stuff there. even i'm disappointed. this is also how it will feel when boston dynamics doesn't do anything and self-driving cars never happen.

is this the google version of wanting to build and live in a sea-fortress populated by greasy libertarians?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

it's the single sign on portal for all google account services so there arent a thousand different things hth

if that were the case couldnt they just call it "google" as in "i'm going to log in to google to manage my photos and export my data out of google + before its shut down for good"?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

shaggar convinced me to watcht he epic fail show THE LAST SHIP

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the last ship is so bad but its bad in a way that hasn't happened in decades.

i got three episodes in and i just couldnt do it anymore.

god's honest truth there is a scene where a marine guy says "we don't negotiate with terrorists" and triggers some kind of explosion to kill escaped gitmo prisoners

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

good poo poo, keep it ocming

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nice av

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

decapitate the pedestrian?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

exchange worked for awhile after google abandoned it for free users if you used an old device that had been connected to it already

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i just make the text bigger on the forums and then its easy to read and stuff isnt too wide

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what if its a really good drawing

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

works but looks like poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

google would be proud

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

no thanks

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Socracheese posted:

what about the ones who already work there

they'll just put them all to work on google+

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol i had no idea that google's lovely answer to lovely apps on their lovely app store was to force businesses to publicly post their mailing address. that's pretty funny

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

thats actually their answer to avoiding consumer protection lawsuits, chief

pretty lovely answer if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Necc0 posted:

why would you want to cheap out on the people responsible for your physical security :psyduck:

not exactly an answer to your question, but here's an entire thread from iyg asking for help in getting the cheapest home security possible:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635963

• Locked thread