Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

google is bad and actively trying to make their company and services worse, like microsoft a few years ago

i support them because computers are bad and those that use them should be punished tbqhwy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Kirk posted:

i'm starting a social network based on irc. its going to have everyone. if your a freenode freak or an efnet enthusiast its all gonna be there for u. reconnect with lost irc buddies. share quotes and warez. ping friends. it's all waiting for you on irc-u

< Message:[F-serve active! Type "!killme" for access! Unlimited leech! Sharing thousands of hot hot soul crushing pics of your ex significant others in deep relationships with other people, your racist uncle implying Obama was born in North Korea, and a literal neverending supply of engagement and baby pictures to make you feel even more alone!] - SysReset2.45

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

exant posted:

dont be evil :xd:
buys motorola for its patents and tax credits, promises not to lay people off, lays off half their staff anyway. flips it to Lenovo.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yeah, clandestine recording in a workplace and copying secure files always goes over great with an employer and the courts

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

gmail and youtube used to be good but both have gone through piles of lovely redesigns that get worse and worse each try. they also closed igoogle and reader which i liked and used

they are just lovely advertising company with bad products these days, but everyone is reliant on them because they are systemic at a lot of homes/places.

relying on people being too lazy to switch to superior products works for a while but in the long run, not exactly a great plan

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

would use, ty timb

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rufus Ping posted:

you gotta turn it on under the settings once youve performed a search

search tools -> all results -> verbatim
putting 'search for what i search for' as an option buried in the settings, google design at work

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i truly had to view the world as a fishmech to get this dumb abbreviation

it was rather poo poo

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ive been gone a while i apologize :(

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Install Windows posted:

dog the reality distortion field is older than most of yospos

ya but i mean the abbreviation ok !! i was like wait people actually use the rdf file extension http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_Framework

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

cremnob posted:

stebe was such a boss

ya

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

flat UI design is bad and i blame google for its prevalence

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

exant posted:

wean yourself off of old world design metaphors already

no its cool and better than zero texture randomly placed neon squares

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

heres my lf carepost farts lmao

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

google am ir ight

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lol like anyone buys a winders, it comes preinstalled on your crappy bargain bin laptop that breaks in 2 years

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

google would buy twitter then announce its closing down gmail

'now your emails are social! the social web! retweet your meeting invite! fav your performance review email! web 4.0! please dont go sergey will cry'

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Trast posted:

That just makes even less sense as a purchase then. :psyduck:
like everything google/facebook buy up, its to keep it from the other one. or apple.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

nah

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yall gettin fishmeched again

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the reason you had never knew about its greatness is that the interface is terrible

• it is only distributed as a browser plugin

• google+ is mandatory

• scheduling a meeting is also through g+, and it doesnt give you a calendar file or anything to load into outlook

• the web interface to set up a hangout is confusing as gently caress

goog makes you wade through a sewer to eat in a world class restaurant
all this pretty much ensures that only people in the lovely tech industry will ever see it. every other industry will keep on using awful lync/sametime, and normal humans will continue using all the other terrible IM clients

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ya hangouts. it's been a fun few weeks
has anyone raised their hand in a meeting and pointed out that 'hangouts' is a horrid name

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

or do you guys all just laugh about it and shrug like most workplaces

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

duTrieux. posted:

this literally enrages me when anything does it ever
its 2014, it boggles my mind that poo poo still steals focus. programmers are terrible

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

THC posted:

android and PC havers cant use it to contact me so it's automatically the best messaging client regardless all other considerations
its always nice getting someones number and then seein that chat bubble turn blue tbqh

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Shifty Pony posted:

that photo manages to encapsulate everything i hate about austin.

startup douchebags, traffic, and endless luxury construction projects.

it is a short list tho because i like this city actually. ever visit hit me up we'll get bbq and/or pie.

you forgot 'is in texas'

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

computer parts posted:

shooters are all terrible

single player shooters even more so
please dont encourage people to play online games ever thanks

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wow, who would have guessed their dumb bailing out if machinima would turn out to be worthless in the end wow whoa

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i still dont get why anyone watches those horrid bideoshame vids/streams anyway

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

things old people say

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Install Windows posted:

one billion is less than 2/3 what youtube cost back in 2006

this makes it even worse...

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the chinese and koreans arent people cmon

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

please dont imply that people who play starcraft 2 professionally are actually people

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

so its the extreme loneliness, got it

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yeah, it came out i think

did anyone ever fix locomotion? this is now the bideogames thread

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/05/21/google-predicts-ads-in-odd-spots-like-thermostats/

quote:

In a letter Google sent to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Google attempted to justify its decision not to disclose revenue generated from mobile devices because in the future it could be serving ads on "refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities."
lol google is garbage

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

lol sure

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

cellphone/radio jammers are real and cool but will also get ur rear end arrested in the US

some countries install them in prisons/schools/legislature chambers (not kidding on the last one lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

duTrieux. posted:

"i'll show those rear end in a top hat who are on their phone while driving! i'll show them all
same

a backpack sized one on public transportation would own for all the jerkwads talkin on they phone, but it would also block ppl just tryin to look at titties on their commute hmm

• Locked thread