Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

We don't really see much of Ruuko's background other than her mother "didn't understand her." Is her mother dead? Why is she living with Granny? What's the deal with older brother? It seems he doesn't live with them.

I think Ruuko's main issues are that she's not willing to accept who she really is. She has an idealized idea of what and how a person should feel, but she's never met that ideal, and she struggles with this issue. She's not who she thinks she should be.

Ruuko's real self isn't a nice person. Not necessarily, anyway. I don't mean she kicks puppies and pulls the wings off flies for fun. But we've all seen her struggle with enjoying battle for the sake of fighting alone, and I don't think she wants to be that kind of person.

I am hoping we get to see her accept herself and embrace bloodlust. Once she does, I wonder if she'll just continue to play the game and beat other players, or if she'll achieve the ultimate girl status. If so, with no wish, does she suffer the same fate as the other girls that have achieved this status?

I would think that she wouldn't. Each of the girls with a worldly and often stupid wish are more or less getting what they deserve by winning. On the other hand, what about a girl who plays the game simply for the love of playing the game and has no ulterior motive? I would think there's another prize in store for such a girl?

Yeah. I just started watching this anime, and I generally absolutely loathe card-game animes too. I have no desire to play this anime. I'm really glad they haven't gotten too deeply into game mechanics. If they did, I probably watch this.

I wonder how Akir's face got all scarred up like that? Also, how is she living now? Like a bum on the street? How does she eat? These are the kinds of questions that keep me awake, late at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

We're in the second season and after four episodes of whining about missing Tama, Ruuko finally battles and wins by some amazing super-cheat or whatever. I would appreciate knowing why the hell any of this system even exists. At least with Madoka, it was the universe and undoing the second law of thermodynamics (I think) at stake. All we know is some nasty and sadistic magical girl is turning LIRGs loose on unsuspecting school-girls and pulling a dirty bait-and-switch on them at the end.

Where did the original LIRGs even come from?

Also, at the beginning of the first season, Tama couldn't even speak coherently. They never really did anything/explained that, I don't think. Any ideas? I wonder if she was some kind of first-time LIRG from the LIRG-protoplasm and grew in Ruu's presence and such.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I really wish you hadn't linked that card. I don't even want to play this drat game, and yet, now I want to buy the pack.

I love the description:

Description
Wish the fight, you grant. Pre-built first monochrome IRO mixing deck appeared! puppet IONA in the ability to take away the freedom of the person, aim for the win! IONA appeared in the anime selector decks. Jigs each character can play immediately. All 18 species 48 * foil cards: out 2 2 piece Playset (including description) 2 pieces deck strategy forced attack, take away the freedom of the person.

What does "Jigs each character can play immediately" mean?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

PrinnySquadron posted:

How is the card game? I've been thinking about picking up a couple of the starter decks.
There are a couple or more of really good tutorials on Youtube. I have Hearthstone, so I don't really need another game or even another card game. Even though I said I wanted to buy a pack, I'm not (nor did I).

This last episode pretty-much explained the whole genesis of the Selector thingy, so I was glad for that. I didn't quite understand why what happened at the end happened. I believe she deserved what happened, but I don't follow why.

• Locked thread