Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Sadly no matter what you do some form of Stygian Doll is going to own your rear end in the durance or the last level of worldstone.

True enough, I plan on killing my merc and spam tping through durance in both nightmare and hell. As for world stone keep, I've done enough greater rift fishing to recognize when to gtfo haha. Maybe. My death on Sunday was because I 100% forgot about Stygian dolls exploding and doing damage

Well, up until the first encounter with one down there, I didn't think it was enough to kill me I should say

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You're making me want to download and play this again.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

About a year or so before D3 came out I did a self-found solo play of hardcore and actually managed to kill Hell Baal at level 83. It was really intense and I had a lot of fun, but I don't know if I would want to try it again. My closest call was getting cornered by the Lightning Enchanted council member in Hell Durance 3 with only a bonewall keeping him at bay.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I always say "this time I'm not going to get pled by bots". It never happens. Then I'm like level 85 in one day with no gear to actually fight anything with.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I'm insanely brutally autistic and don't mind the grind for the moment, it's a nice change from poop socking D3, I feel like I'm in open waters again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, I mean you're preaching to the choir here. I tried real hard to get into d3 but keep coming back to d2. I only play HC, though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
After playing this game off and on for 15 years I just had a HoZ drop off of Hell Meph. Still have never found an SoJ, Mara's or a Shako.

raton fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 7, 2015

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Currently trying to make my way through a1 hell, beat the countess and decided to finally throw on some MF gear and farm NM for a while. Currently level 77 and my sorc is tanky as gently caress, 75% block rate, 10% damage reduction hat, well over the 85% hit recovery breakpoint. My only problem right now is keeping my merc alive, I have a decent lvl 16 med partizan insight and a life steal chest piece but I really need Kira's hat or w/e so he can't be frozen. I switched from the defiance merc to the might merc and immediately was able to get further, but him getting frozen really sucks rear end. The defiance merc got hit slightly less often but didn't do enough damage to keep any meaningful lifesteal cooking. As soon as I can get to the pit and grab the elite version of that polearm (forgetting the name currently) I'll be in really good shape.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Diablo II Ladder Reset May 26th

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/17347755804

Blizzard posted:

It’s that time again! On the morning of Tuesday, May 26, we’ll be conducting maintenance in order to reset the Diablo II ladder. We anticipate the realms could be down for up to six hours, and during that time all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as ladder-only rune words.

This ladder reset, like all those before it, creates a clean slate where all ladder characters begin at level 1 with no previous items to help them. To participate, simply wait until the Diablo II realms return to service on May 26, log in to Battle.net, and select the “Ladder Character” checkbox when creating a new character. You can track ladder character leveling progress by clicking on the Ladder button from the main Diablo II in-game Battle.net interface.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Nice, 13 days will be plenty of time to make it through hell I think, quit right before Duriel last night. Re rolled my cryptic axe insight and got a dank lvl17 meditation with almost all max rolls before I went to bed. Almost level 83, think I'm in good shape to push

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Last night was the first time I'd actively done key hunting this season (in a 4 man group) and holy poo poo I can't agree more that it needs reforming. After about an hour we only got like 3 keys each from Acts 1 and 2 and maybe 4 each from Acts 3 and 4. Finally we decided to run the actual Ubers and I got 3 lovely forgotten souls. Considering we probably could've ran 10+ grifts in that span, I just don't see the reward being worth it when there's so many better, more satisfying things to do.

I just hope I get a good Mara's Kaleidoscope at this point or even less likely--a usable Xephirian.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

iamsosmrt posted:

Last night was the first time I'd actively done key hunting this season (in a 4 man group) and holy poo poo I can't agree more that it needs reforming. After about an hour we only got like 3 keys each from Acts 1 and 2 and maybe 4 each from Acts 3 and 4. Finally we decided to run the actual Ubers and I got 3 lovely forgotten souls. Considering we probably could've ran 10+ grifts in that span, I just don't see the reward being worth it when there's so many better, more satisfying things to do.

I just hope I get a good Mara's Kaleidoscope at this point or even less likely--a usable Xephirian.

Key hunting in Diablo III seems to be far less miserable than it was in Diablo II.

Also, I'd love it if we could get a group together the night of the new D2 season.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I will totally play D2 on a new ladder with goons, sounds like a total blast.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

The Shortest Path posted:

I will totally play D2 on a new ladder with goons, sounds like a total blast.

I'd play too but I don't have a copy and am broke til after my wedding :(

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I'm down for playing the new season!

Almost ripped tonight in A3 Hell when I came across a loving boat load of gloams with a unique one in there somewhere, I was getting wary before hand as I ran into a few packs of 2-3 of them. My lightning resist is too garbage to keep progressing atm, got instantly knocked down to a shred of health, mashed a whole column of dat purple drank and teleported the poo poo out of there. Full on adrenaline rush. Back to Andy/Countess/Duriel for a few days me thinks.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sign me up to play for the new ladder. If we get enough goons, and hop on enough bot games, we could be level 80ish in like... 4-5 hours.

It's basically a rush to 20-25 so you can do normal ancients and actually get exp from normal baal runs.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

HC Hell Baal down, self found items, no bot leveling. Ended at level 85.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 16, 2015

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I ended up not teleporting through any content as far durance goes and what not, just slow rolled and kited everything. I did however not kill Nihlathak in Hell in case I wanted to farm Pindle easier later. With my set up even Gloams weren't scary going down to the Worldstone Chamber. I ended up using my Hell socket quest on my rockstopper and put a Sol in there for a total of like 32 damage reduction with my perfect(25) life everlasting suffix magic amulet lmbo. Had spirit for a weapon, 3os archon plate with the lionheart runeword for a chest piece, Moser's with two p diamonds for a shield, sandtrek boots, junk rear end rare rings and belt filling in resists. A2 nightmare holy freeze merc with a cryptic axe lvl 17 meditation insight, my backup lionheart with like 100 defense, tal's hat. On my quick switch I had a necrowand with 90 charges of level 4 life tap to keep my merc alive through a3+.

1 point in warmth

1 point in all prereqs for the lighting tree then max lightning/chain and 11 in light mastery, 3 points in energy shield.

1 point in all prereqs for cold orb, max orb, 10 in mastery. Had a +1 cold skill/+5 str GC that probably was my best drop no irony.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 16, 2015

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
If you have been able to get a staff with four sockets and the runes for it, would you have used Memory on your weapon switch for the boost to energy shield?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Star Man posted:

If you have been able to get a staff with four sockets and the runes for it, would you have used Memory on your weapon switch for the boost to energy shield?

Nope, the ~40% damage reduction I was getting was good enough, the life tap wand on switch made this even remotely possible. The cryptic axe insight and +20% damage lionheart chestpiece on my merc gave him a top range of 2k damage and the lifetap on elites kept him alive during 95% of fights. The switch input delay/half dozen hotkeys took some getting used to but eventually I had it down pat and wasn't missing it. I actually did have the runes and found many a four os staffs to make that though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Nope, the ~40% damage reduction I was getting was good enough, the life tap wand on switch made this even remotely possible. The cryptic axe insight and +20% damage lionheart chestpiece on my merc gave him a top range of 2k damage and the lifetap on elites kept him alive during 95% of fights. The switch input delay/half dozen hotkeys took some getting used to but eventually I had it down pat and wasn't missing it. I actually did have the runes and found many a four os staffs to make that though.

Okay. I'm too terrified to play hardcore in any Diablo game simply because I have a tendency to live in places with less than stellar connections. Though I suppose I could do it in single player, but then I always get bored by the end of act one and just use a trainer to make and do ridiculous poo poo.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I have a ko pul and thul with a 4os flail sitting on my mule right now too, if I found a vex my dude would get really good for MF. With the resists from Hoto I could switch out the moser's for my Rhyme and get back up to 75% block (currently 70%) and the extra hp would be a giant bonus.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Star Man posted:

Okay. I'm too terrified to play hardcore in any Diablo game simply because I have a tendency to live in places with less than stellar connections. Though I suppose I could do it in single player, but then I always get bored by the end of act one and just use a trainer to make and do ridiculous poo poo.

Playing hardcore makes d2 and 3 actually fun, the jump in is scary but you'll never go back. I cut my teeth as a youngin playing MUDs with either perma death or PK centric where the winner gets to loot everything you've worked for. The rush is real.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You can make a Memory and keep it in your stash to buff ES at the start of a game, since the only time it falls off is if you get smacked by a Mana Burn guy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

RIP NicestHat

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Kazvall posted:

RIP NicestHat

I'm alive bro!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I'm alive bro!

Ah I misread. Yo, add me to steam as Kazvall and maybe we can plan some poo poo for the upcoming ladder reset.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kazvall posted:

Ah I misread. Yo, add me to steam as Kazvall and maybe we can plan some poo poo for the upcoming ladder reset.

Will do. My Steam is AstrumAevum

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Someone refresh my memory..how long does it take on average for a ladder reset to go from nostalgia to "ok this isn't fun now that everyone has a hammerdin bot and owns 5 of every item and rune"?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Obscurity posted:

owns 5 of every item and rune"?

Hahahahaha I loving wish.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

The Shortest Path posted:

Hahahahaha I loving wish.

Yeah I know I exaggerated with that but hell any trip to d2jsp will tell you that everybody has everything except for you. :(

Anyways I don't have a working key for Diablo 2 & I was wondering if it is even worth it to buy a key or if I will play the game for a week and then stop.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Obscurity posted:

Yeah I know I exaggerated with that but hell any trip to d2jsp will tell you that everybody has everything except for you. :(

Anyways I don't have a working key for Diablo 2 & I was wondering if it is even worth it to buy a key or if I will play the game for a week and then stop.

You can get vanilla and LoD for $20 in all from Blizzard, so it won't set you back too much.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

drat its the 26th? I'm guessing servers won't be reset until later?

Also I believe we are playing hardcore. And since its a new ladder, almost no one will have top items for a long time if ever.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

drat its the 26th? I'm guessing servers won't be reset until later?

Also I believe we are playing hardcore. And since its a new ladder, almost no one will have top items for a long time if ever.

Harcore? Man.. D2 HC was scary. Not sure if I have the balls lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Once you play hc you can't actually go back to vanilla.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Spent $8 on a shady diablo key site for the classic+lod keys..they are the 26-bit registerable ones so hopefully that goes well. If not $8 is just lunch money and I go back to playing TERA.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 26, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Link your cdkey to battle.net so you can download the game and not use CDs.

Will be in CTS mumble, classic games channel, later.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Link your cdkey to battle.net so you can download the game and not use CDs.

Will be in CTS mumble, classic games channel, later.

Yep, will do. Still waiting on key delivery.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Of course I suggest getting a ladder group together and can't play because reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Post here or come on mumble if anyone plans to play tonight. I'll wait a bit to try and get to start at the same time.