Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Well my keys are finally delivered. They added to my BNET account with no issues. So now I am downloading and installing the game. It seems to be going somewhat slow, but I'll update you when I am online. What is your account name and what realm?

Edit:

Installed! In as *ObscuritySA

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Welp dead already at level 16. This is going to frustrate me enough to just roll softcore I can feel it.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 27, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh boy, time to ~git gud~

In as a skellymancer, I stopped for the night at 14 immediately after starting A2. Should be fun.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Welp dead already at level 16. This is going to frustrate me enough to just roll softcore I can feel it.

Somebody didn't follow the rules :colbert:

Heh, don't give up! I'll be on later to level some more.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Somebody didn't follow the rules :colbert:

Heh, don't give up! I'll be on later to level some more.

Am back up to level 13 on a Barb lol

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I made an HC necro and died to corpsefire

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Am back up to level 13 on a Barb lol

Yes. YES.

AugmentedVision posted:

I made an HC necro and died to corpsefire

No. NO.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This gum infection is kicking my rear end so I'm gonna take a nap and hopefully be on later. I got to 18 and am in the canyon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I died right after starting Act 2, to something really dumb. I had a really nice set of wands for Skeleton Mastery and Bone Shield too. :(

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm on now for a few hours.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Nobody ever on..if you're on USEast HC add me my acc name is ObscuritySA my character name is MyOtherGuyDied

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry about earlier. Weather hosed my internet.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Sorry about earlier. Weather hosed my internet.

It's cool. I did some Baal runs and got to 39 last night. Time to start NM!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

It's cool. I did some Baal runs and got to 39 last night. Time to start NM!

I'm like level 33 after some Baal runs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Besides Obscurity and I, who is playing or wants to play? I can rush people now. Its best to get 24 first and then get 25 on ancients so you can go right to Baal runs.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Besides Obscurity and I, who is playing or wants to play? I can rush people now. Its best to get 24 first and then get 25 on ancients so you can go right to Baal runs.

Please play with us :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I might be persuaded into making another character tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

The Shortest Path posted:

I might be persuaded into making another character tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Join us :D

I am now level 80 with full Immortal King's set on my Barb. :) Just need better jewelry, merc gear, and the dumb unique charms and I'm all set :D

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Decided to move to softcore ladder. If anyone plays add me! *ObscuritySA

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Doing pretty well in HC. Haven't died yet. If anyone needs rushing or lovely gear, hit me up!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yo for some goddamn reason I want to play this again. I couldn't ES working no matter what I tried so I guess I'll have to play vanilla. What server is everyone using, US East?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I wish we had an ES realm up. I miss that nonsense.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

I wish we had an ES realm up. I miss that nonsense.

My lit barb sure was somethin'. :D Especially when I figured out a glitch to continue getting skill points past level 99 haha.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can help people on US EAST Hardcore. Just, uh, add me to friends on steam. Same name.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Guess eastern sun discussion is ok here? Since that thread is locked.

Playing es songle/hamachi with a friend. Downloaded es300r from the official site. Can't seem to install any of madbrahmins mod, like autostocker, pickit, etc. Anyone kniw a workaroubd for this?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sistergodiva posted:

Guess eastern sun discussion is ok here? Since that thread is locked.

Playing es songle/hamachi with a friend. Downloaded es300r from the official site. Can't seem to install any of madbrahmins mod, like autostocker, pickit, etc. Anyone kniw a workaroubd for this?

Those are all d2hackit plugins and I'm pretty sure they rely on networking over a realm emulator to work.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Oh

dis astranagant posted:

Those are all d2hackit plugins and I'm pretty sure they rely on networking over a realm emulator to work.

Is there anything like them that works singleplayer? Really missing pickit and autostocker.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
The battle.net torrent clients aren't working for me, I just get a "download not authorized" message and it shuts down before I can do any sort of work on figuring out what's wrong. I just want to install d2:LOD and SC:BW :(

edit: figured it out. Had to open up IE and lower the security settings

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 25, 2015

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Decided to play this game again, this time as a physical damager as opposed to a safe class like a Necro or Sorc. So I made a Fanaticism Zealer Paladin to try and beat Hell from absolute zero. Currently level 50.

I'm getting my rear end kicked so hard in Nightmare, I'm starting to have some serious doubts if I'll make it through Hell. The things that get me the most are magic projectiles and goddamn lightning enchanted bosses, I have no problems with masses of melee attackers (thanks Holy Shield). Got lucky and found a Skin of the Vipermagi though.

Any advice?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Smoke_Max posted:

I'm getting my rear end kicked so hard in Nightmare, I'm starting to have some serious doubts if I'll make it through Hell. The things that get me the most are magic projectiles and goddamn lightning enchanted bosses, I have no problems with masses of melee attackers (thanks Holy Shield). Got lucky and found a Skin of the Vipermagi though.

Any advice?

What are your resistances? Try to stock up on resistance charms.

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Zogo posted:

What are your resistances? Try to stock up on resistance charms.

Thanks mostly to the Vipermagi unique I found, which grants 30 to all resists, I'm sitting around 50-60 ish on all of them. Even with that, I find myself getting wrecked pretty hard. I'll definitely keep an eye out for resistance charms though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
As a zealer you probably have extra skill points, so I would look at investing in the resist lightning aura for the passive increase to the max lightning resist cap. Getting to 90% should make LE bosses trivial.

Also, making Ancient's Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) in a pally shield with natural +resist all should max you out easily.

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Vakal posted:

As a zealer you probably have extra skill points, so I would look at investing in the resist lightning aura for the passive increase to the max lightning resist cap. Getting to 90% should make LE bosses trivial.

Kind of, I guess? My build ends at around level 76 (20 Fanaticism, Zeal, Holy Shield, Sacrifice and prereqs), leaving me free to allocate as I see fit from then so it might be a little tight. I suppose I could delay Zeal a bit and invest some 10-ish points, maybe?, into it. I've also seen people suggest Redemption to level 5 ~ 8 as a quick "oh poo poo" heal button.

Vakal posted:

Also, making Ancient's Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) in a pally shield with natural +resist all should max you out easily.

This is good. I'm actually on the lookout for socketed shields as I also had the Rhyme (Shael + Eth) runeword in mind, haven't found any yet though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can use the d2jsp forums for trading. It's so late in the season that poo poo is dirt cheap. That's unless you want to experience the grind by yourself.

Smoke_Max
Sep 7, 2011

Kazvall posted:

You can use the d2jsp forums for trading. It's so late in the season that poo poo is dirt cheap. That's unless you want to experience the grind by yourself.

Yeah, I hate myself so I'm going to avoid trading whenever possible. In other news, thanks game, I guess this solves my lightning problem.

e: Holy :lol:, I'm literally getting healed by Burning Souls.

Smoke_Max fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 7, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
How could there still be money in D2 items in tyool 2015? Did the spam bots just never get turned off and they're advertising for a bunch of dead websites?

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 7, 2015

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Let's just say that a lot of people felt really strongly about Diablo III.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is the amazon skill fend still bugged?

In fact, was it ever? I heard it was, so I didn't bother to try it, but I just realized I don't actually know for sure.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ragnar34 posted:

Is the amazon skill fend still bugged?

In fact, was it ever? I heard it was, so I didn't bother to try it, but I just realized I don't actually know for sure.

It's still bugged and I'm told that it's always been bugged.

EDIT: Further reading suggests that there is a way around it. Don't hold down the mouse button while you attack monsters. If you click and release, then your amazon will dodge the attack and stop thrusting her spear. Click again to start another volley. You will avoid wiffing attacks, but you have to be more active in your play.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Does anyone have an inside scoop on when the ladder is resetting? I haven't really touched d2 since 2010 or 2011, but for some reason I want to play and I want the ladder to reset right now. Supposedly it should reset on the 24th or 2nd, but they haven't announced anything yet.