Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'd pay full price to get Diablo 2's characters, maps, bosses, etc. updated with Diablo 3's graphic engine.

I want to be a skellymancer with 3d pretty graphics.

Also I don't want to pick poo poo up manually, keep identify scrolls on me at all times, and have to collect town portal scrolls.

Yeah so what if I've been spoiled by Diablo 3's QoL changes.

khy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I love Diablo 3, you can find me posting about sperging over having all class sets and poo poo. But I think I would really rather have Diablo 2 HD instead of on Diablo 3's engine. Imagine the claymation-style animation with more definition and fluidity, I think it would look absolutely gorgeous.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I love Diablo 3, you can find me posting about sperging over having all class sets and poo poo. But I think I would really rather have Diablo 2 HD instead of on Diablo 3's engine. Imagine the claymation-style animation with more definition and fluidity, I think it would look absolutely gorgeous.

If I could play Battle.net with autoloot, infinite %-health potions, free identify and town portals... I would be OK with this.

It's just so very, very difficult to go back to D2 now that I'm so badly spoiled by D3.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
My only problem is getting Blessed Hammer to loving hit that enemy standing next to me.

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
When the D2 patch update showed up in my news feed, I had an incredibly potent feeling of nostalgia. The last time I played was probably 5-6 years ago. The hankering to return is STRONG. In middle and high school I put hundreds of hours into this game. Are there enough/any goons in the old LLJK to bother coming back to play with?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Unforgiven posted:

When the D2 patch update showed up in my news feed, I had an incredibly potent feeling of nostalgia. The last time I played was probably 5-6 years ago. The hankering to return is STRONG. In middle and high school I put hundreds of hours into this game. Are there enough/any goons in the old LLJK to bother coming back to play with?
If you want to bot then play on the official servers after a reset.

If you want to actually play then reddit has a server up that's decent.

There are also some passable modded servers.

I don't think there is a goon presence at all, but I still enjoy playing for a while just before and slightly after resets. It's just a mechanically enjoyable game to me.

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
Blizzard isn't laying down the ban hammer for botting anymore? I got my account frozen (not CD Key) in 2010 for using maphack... What bots/maphacks are they using? I would love to try to put together all of the old classes I used to play (Smite Pally, Hammerdin, Windy Druid, Trap Sin, etc. etc.), but it would only be doable if I could bot while I sleep. Being a grad student isn't really conducive to hundreds of hours of Meph/Pindle/Baal runs.

P.S. I'm not asking for files. I was just curious of the names of a safe program.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Unforgiven posted:

I've played on/off the last few years and the lljk room/bot is dead.

Unforgiven posted:

Blizzard isn't laying down the ban hammer for botting anymore?

There are zillions of bots so they seem safe to use.

I don't know names or anything like that because I don't use them.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Unforgiven posted:

Blizzard isn't laying down the ban hammer for botting anymore? I got my account frozen (not CD Key) in 2010 for using maphack... What bots/maphacks are they using? I would love to try to put together all of the old classes I used to play (Smite Pally, Hammerdin, Windy Druid, Trap Sin, etc. etc.), but it would only be doable if I could bot while I sleep. Being a grad student isn't really conducive to hundreds of hours of Meph/Pindle/Baal runs.

P.S. I'm not asking for files. I was just curious of the names of a safe program.
Technically most/none of them are safe and they just have warden off. There are also things that will bail if warden turns on, but warden has literally just not been on since 2011 or something.

There was a minor ban scare at the start of this current ladder, but I don't think anything substantial came of it. They screwed something up and half of the people banned were legit players who got realm downs and tried to reconnect.

The same site since the dawn of time has them all. Not sure if we can name drop.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I was all jazzed and ready to go on this, but lack of vertical sync has the game looking like complete garbage on a flat screen.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
On the current state of botting according to the people at project etal.

quote:

With today's patch of 1.14a Blizzard managed to break almost every know bot including D2BS, D2NT, kolbot, etal, qqsitter, rouge of diablo, stealthbot, etc... They did this by removing the dll's from the games directory's preventing the bots from using their functions to interact with the game.

I'm hearing people are updating the bots to work but I stopped playing a month before the patch came out so I'm not privy to which one to watch.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bimmi posted:

I was all jazzed and ready to go on this, but lack of vertical sync has the game looking like complete garbage on a flat screen.

wtf

FalloutGod posted:

On the current state of botting according to the people at project etal.

I'm hearing people are updating the bots to work but I stopped playing a month before the patch came out so I'm not privy to which one to watch.

seems like they just broke the path and it's gonna be fixed in hours?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

AugmentedVision posted:

wtf

seems like they just broke the path and it's gonna be fixed in hours?
It could be offsets, and similar depending on what they did with the dlls, changed as well. As long as there is still one competent person around releasing things publicly, it should be sorted out within a few days tops.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would love to go through hardcore again with some people.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

gonna log in and play classic ladder

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
Has anyone bought D2 for OSX recently? The new patch has got me very interested but the online store only links to the PC version.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Pirateparty posted:

Has anyone bought D2 for OSX recently? The new patch has got me very interested but the online store only links to the PC version.

There is no OSX version. One of the main things the new patch will do is update (or reinstate?) the OSX version. If you want to play it now, though, you have to do some maneuvering to play it through wine or you can play it on bootcamp or parallels.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Maybe this patch will stimulate someone to restart an Eastern Sun server

BlazinTeg
Oct 8, 2003
Oderint dum metuant
It would be sweet if the eastern sun goontopia servers went back up.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
You'd have to get in touch with garfu somehow. I don't think the old IRC eastern sun channel is up anymore either. Goontopia died pretty much shortly after Diablo 3 was released.

I'd definitely play again though especially if my old lightning barb was somehow able to be revived haha.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I would be fine with starting again

Hell I was thinking of starting my own but resources on what to do are obvs hard to find because Blizz is still offended by private servers

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Randabis posted:

You'd have to get in touch with garfu somehow. I don't think the old IRC eastern sun channel is up anymore either. Goontopia died pretty much shortly after Diablo 3 was released.

I'd definitely play again though especially if my old lightning barb was somehow able to be revived haha.

Garfu still posts regularly so PM him if you're serious. Good loving luck getting a decent amount of players with dark souls 3 less than 2 weeks away and a very good Path of Exile league going on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

very good

Path of Exile

Does not compute

I'll shoot him a message about even some basic info on how to start one

Darkwing
May 18, 2005
Duck!
Another Goontopia Eastern Sun server up and running would be amazing.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am playing D2 with some friends next week. What is the best PVE build for Druid? I was either thinking fury werewolf or fiery claws bear. Mostly looking to deal damage and not really tank.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Most people I saw before I quit were hurricane/tornado but I always had more fun with the werewolf builds. I had a fury druid that could do ubers which was :krad:.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
nearly any 100% crushing blow werewolf build will wreck poo poo up. upgraded ribcrackers are insanely good.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Fury Werewolf it is Thanks thread. Pure AS + Crushing Blow will be good right? I've only dicked around in the first act when I played D2 before and never saw that affix.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Another patch was released. 1.14b:
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742997066

quote:

Specific Changes & Improvements
- Glide Wrapper will now load properly on PC by adding -3dfx to the end of the game shortcut
- Mercenaries will no longer become "An Evil Force"
- Fixed Mac client crash on "Save & Exit"
- Capped the frame rate to 200 to save batteries, spare system load, and prevent hot lap syndrome
- Created new German installers to fix localization issues in Act V (Will require a fresh install to fix the missing dialogue data)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Randabis posted:

It's up but it's only me and downtime.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Jusupov posted:

It's up but it's only me and downtime.

HOLY poo poo PUT THE INFO UP

Also a refresher on how the h*ck to install

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Adult Sword Owner posted:

HOLY poo poo PUT THE INFO UP

Also a refresher on how the h*ck to install

You know I mean the irc. Garfu said he gave es stuff to atleast three people so maybe someone can have a server up any month now

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Jusupov posted:

You know I mean the irc. Garfu said he gave es stuff to atleast three people so maybe someone can have a server up any month now

He gave it to me

I've been poking at it but it's

A Lot

I can probably eat the cost of hosting if I can get this poo poo running

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
I heard about Eastern Sun a while ago and thought it sounded interesting, but after spending the past several days trying I've had no success getting it to work. I'm running Windows 10 64bit and have a digital copy of the game, whose downloader Blizzard seems to have recently updated to just give you version 1.14b straight away. The lack of a disk means I can't use the standard version of the mod that rolls you back to 1.10, but the updated downloader means the 1.12a no-disc version of the mod doesn't work either. I've even tried playing the 1.10 version by using the "mount a virtual disc" thing mentioned here to no success. Is there anything else I can try or is the mod just unplayable in my particular situation? I don't even care about multiplayer, since I generally prefer solo play anyway.

Llednar Twem fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 16, 2016

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I don't see a D1 thread anywhere, so asking here. I saw a stream on Twitch last night of this nifty HD mod, has anyone played it? D1 was the first game I got for my first x86 PC and I loved it to death so I'm interested in checking it out. Installation seems to possibly be a pain in the rear end, though.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Adult Sword Owner posted:

He gave it to me

I've been poking at it but it's

A Lot

I can probably eat the cost of hosting if I can get this poo poo running

Any luck so far? It'd be really cool to see Goontopia back, even if it's only a few people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ofecks posted:

I don't see a D1 thread anywhere, so asking here. I saw a stream on Twitch last night of this nifty HD mod, has anyone played it? D1 was the first game I got for my first x86 PC and I loved it to death so I'm interested in checking it out. Installation seems to possibly be a pain in the rear end, though.

Installation of this is as "simple" as copying over the main Diablo 1 MPQ into the install folder of the game. It works really well and lets you play Diablo 1 will all the modern bells and whistles like waypoints and alt-item-highlighting and running within town.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Installation of this is as "simple" as copying over the main Diablo 1 MPQ into the install folder of the game. It works really well and lets you play Diablo 1 will all the modern bells and whistles like waypoints and alt-item-highlighting and running within town.

It also puts in unused assets, like the "worm" quest-area that one of the town's houses leads down to.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is it possible to turn all that poo poo off and play it as it was in 1997?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Star Man posted:

Is it possible to turn all that poo poo off and play it as it was in 1997?

Not that I know of!