Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
That's all I want, though. Something that will let the game be played in Windows 10 without a bunch of extra features or at least the ability to turn them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You could turn off the extra run speed in town and never use the alt-highlighting and set the resolution to 640 by 480 and never use the things like Adria's mana recharge dialog option and manipulate your inventory manually without the shift/alt/right-click shortcuts and get pretty close, I think.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Installation of this is as "simple" as copying over the main Diablo 1 MPQ into the install folder of the game. It works really well and lets you play Diablo 1 will all the modern bells and whistles like waypoints and alt-item-highlighting and running within town.

Can you recommend a virtual disc software? I used Daemon Tools Lite for years until they filled it up with adware.

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
Anyone ever bought items from a website? I'm trying to get an ebugged exile and I'm tired of looking for the shield. Runes were no problem.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
The website I used to use is dead, but I used to buy gear before realizing how easy it was to set-up your own bot. You might want to check out d2jsp if the public trade channels are absolutely dead. You don't always need the website's own currency to handle trades, ppl are usually willing to accept pgems/HRs/other valuables.

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
I was looking at itemnow.com there is an ebugged exile for like $2.00, and as much as I play I think it would be worth it. Problem is, I'm incredibly sceptical of sites like these.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Star Man posted:

That's all I want, though. Something that will let the game be played in Windows 10 without a bunch of extra features or at least the ability to turn them off.

VirtualBox and install XP, I guess?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

VirtualBox and install XP, I guess?

Yeah, that's what I did. Works great

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Grumpwagon posted:

Yeah, that's what I did. Works great

Gonna have to dig out my disks and punch the serial into bnet for a download, I guess.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Just getting D2ES singleplayer to run would be an amazing accomplishment. I barely remember the way I used to install it so I wouldn't have to use the CD. I think I had a guide in one of the threads somewhere. It's definitely on the forum from goontopia that's in that zip file.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unforgiven posted:

I was looking at itemnow.com there is an ebugged exile for like $2.00, and as much as I play I think it would be worth it. Problem is, I'm incredibly sceptical of sites like these.

I've never actually been ripped off by any of those sites. I played a couple seasons ago, and got some items, but sadly can't remember who I used. You'll buy the items, the mule will be loaded up with the items, then you'll have the option for that bot to make a game, and then drop all the items when you're in the game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

A looong time ago I bought items on ebay and never had a problem

of course I am a giant idiot for letting the account expire but hey

Unforgiven
Sep 4, 2007
Who needs redemption?
Itemnow.com delivered without any issues. Their claim for 24/7 delivery is a bit exaggerated, but still only took slightly over 24 hours.

Has anyone heard, or know where I can find when the next ladder reset is coming? I've heard rumors sometime in May, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unforgiven posted:

Itemnow.com delivered without any issues. Their claim for 24/7 delivery is a bit exaggerated, but still only took slightly over 24 hours.

Has anyone heard, or know where I can find when the next ladder reset is coming? I've heard rumors sometime in May, but I haven't been able to find anything.

It's every 6 months. So, sometime around May/June.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Most of the sites are ran by one company. As weird as it sounds.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 30, 2016

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
hey this isn't the d3 thread

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 30, 2016

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me if that company has a closely guarded dupe hack. I like to tinfoil hat it up and think its a blizzard employee behind it all. Its also pretty insane at the bot networks people have set up. On d2jsp people advertise 1-99 leveling jobs within a weeks time and have 100-300 dtoches for sell quite often. The amount of accounts needed to run that poo poo is mind boggling.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
That's how it is in UO. One guy runs most of the Item/Gold selling sites and he has a proprietary dupe/exploit so basically free money.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if that company has a closely guarded dupe hack. I like to tinfoil hat it up and think its a blizzard employee behind it all. Its also pretty insane at the bot networks people have set up. On d2jsp people advertise 1-99 leveling jobs within a weeks time and have 100-300 dtoches for sell quite often. The amount of accounts needed to run that poo poo is mind boggling.

It's not duping. It's just botting. Not really hard to come home from work with an inventory full of gear.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kazvall posted:

It's not duping. It's just botting. Not really hard to come home from work with an inventory full of gear.
The item selling sites definitely have quite a few exploits. They have a full selection of gear and high runes within a few hours of a realm reset. No amount of botting/top tier play will get you there.

Sometimes they are even the ones who leak public dupe methods to get it patched and attack competition.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there a reason why the Reaper's Kiss item can't be salvaged? It's just a regular white item as far as I can see.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Vakal posted:

Is there a reason why the Reaper's Kiss item can't be salvaged? It's just a regular white item as far as I can see.

You might be playing the wrong game.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Star Man posted:

You might be playing the wrong game.

Nope. I have two of the drat things and it wont let me scrap either of them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Vakal posted:

Nope. I have two of the drat things and it wont let me scrap either of them.

You're missing an I .

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20743715875

May 17th, you know you wanna

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

I forgot how long it can take them to patch sometimes

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

mitztronic posted:

I forgot how long it can take them to patch sometimes

I, too, am horrified about the amount of effort put into keeping a 17 year old game running

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
With how old the code base is and with the likelihood of no one still working there that programmed any of the original game I could see them having some trouble. I'm still curious where this is all going though. A company doesn't do anything unless there's money at the end of the road. I don't see pumping any resources into the old girl would bring around enough attention/revenue to break even on the investment. Maybe they'll mind gently caress us all and drop a DLC expansion with ladder reset. A new class or two and another act. Would be pretty dope.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 19, 2016

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I, too, am horrified about the amount of effort put into keeping a 17 year old game running

It's always been like this, and I wasn't complaining

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

i fuckin hate LOD and everyone wants to play that pos

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Nurel posted:

i fuckin hate LOD and everyone wants to play that pos

I too hate everything that came out after 9/11.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Star Man posted:

I too hate everything that came out after 9/11.

Thanks Bush Jr

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Well I've been playing on US west if anyone wants some lovely free runes or items. *mitztronic

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I'm doing another self found/leveled HC run through on USEast, this time on a poison necro. I just got into a3 last night, Duriel was actually kind of a cake walk with life tap for my merc. I'll be streaming at twitch.tv/nikodotcom most nights this week around 5pm central onward.

I recently wiped my computer and forgot to write down a lot of my fine tuning for OBS so if it looks like poo poo, I'm working on it :)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I remember trying a poison necro a few years ago and it was cool until I tried to do some stuff in A5 and couldn't get through doors because they were poison immune.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

I remember trying a poison necro a few years ago and it was cool until I tried to do some stuff in A5 and couldn't get through doors because they were poison immune.

Haha that sucks, I just completed normal last night and had some pretty legit problems trying to get past the 5th wave of Baal minions. It doesn't say it but they're drat near poison immune. Had to level up a few times to get to decrepify to just curse the poo poo out of them while my merc did most of the work.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

soscannonballs posted:

That might be the most diablo2.txt sentence ever (also I love this game).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is Lower Restance not good enough?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Well I got to Hell difficulty yesterday, currently level 76 and just kinda farming act 1. So much poo poo is poison immune it's crazy but I'm still having a blast. Had a few close calls already, nearly got one shot by some might aura bow rogues. I'm starting to dump a bunch of points into bone spear to deal with immunities, I know CE is better but I've played enough summoners and want to do something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

Is Lower Restance not good enough?

IIRC those doors have 1000 Poison Resistance.