Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
MXL has free respecs up to level 50 and there's a pretty steady stream of new content as you level up, but I think some of it could be pretty difficult to do blind once you get to ~110-115 (probably some of it before then even). Also I think you have to look at their site to figure out when you can do some stuff, and even then figuring out where some of those are isn't very well spelled out on their site.

It's pretty neat but figuring out mechanics on your own in anything related to D2 is tough because the game isn't particularly good at giving you info on its own and modders kind of suck at it too. Sure, telling me my attack speed is great but it doesn't help if the in game character sheet doesn't tell me breakpoints and that I'm not getting anything out of the last 20% increased attack speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Cerepol posted:

If you do okay MXL the game is pretty straightforward just make use of the cube recipes as it absolutely assumes you will be and youll blast thru to the end of nightmare. Also grab a merc as they are improved in MXL. I will also note there is a level gated challenge that you can still complete after level 50 but requires resources as a penalty.

Afaik its now the 3 den of evil quests plus the "belladonna potion" which is a rare drop but not too rare and farmable with a character far enough.

You still do it at Akara but it doesn't consume the quest reward respec until you're post-50.