Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'm on uswest as FalloutGod. I can rush through normal and nightmare but hell would give me trouble. Project etal is what most people use these days to bot/maphack. No problems thus far and it really does feel like the community is a 50/50 bot/real life players. Enchant bots are new to me since last I played but they idle in act one and will boost your melee/bow damage by 2k. It lets you level/rush your self fairly easy when you can't find games. Chaos/Baal bots are abundant on every difficulty level. Enigmas and Infinitys are still fairly expensive so I'm stuck doing MF runs manually like a chump. :effort:

Cows are still around but they aren't much use anymore. I miss the days when that was the de-facto way to level. It was always cool to see a super geared nova sorc/windforce zon just roam around blowing everything away. The power curve is what makes D2 a fun game for me. Its such a bitch when your first going through hell and every mob is a fight but once your geared you slice and dice everything around you. If runes weren't a 1 and a million hours played to find one I'd be mad bots exist but with drop rates as they are I'm glad they do. Grinding was alright when you were a kid and could drop 40+ hours a week on it but who has that kind of time anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So... uswest is kind of a ghost town and I've switched to east. The population is double if not triple. Started a pally. I might be talkin to my self at this point but oh well. This subforum doesn't seem to move that quick anymore anyway so I don't feel too bad double posting. Send me a message if you're around.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Khorne posted:

I was playing east classic and on top of ladder for a bit after reset, but after the 8 man bot teams came online I couldn't compete. I ended up moving to a private server where botting isn't allowed.

Which private are you on? I admit I love when my characters are completely geared out but as far as legitimate play it doesn't exist on battlenet anymore. I do miss the more group focused fun. I wouldn't mind joining your server to play a sin or a barb.

Also picer still has one of the old SA sigs on his d2jsp profile. Ha!

E: Apparently you have to make an account to upload to imgur... I grabbed the link and put it in my signature on d2jsp if anyone is interested in seeing it. I had a lot of fun in the old group so its neat seeing even a tiny part of it still around.
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=2856

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So whats the end game? Whats the point? 90% of online presence is bots. You search normal, nightmare or hell you're lucky to see 6 or more legitimate named games. If updating cheat protocols in attempt to ban a small fraction of those bots hoping to get some sells on CD keys I still can't see them breaking even while paying a programmer a pay check every month. I also doubt the money they would make on sells from remaking D2 into a HD version would outweigh the cost it would require do so. I guess the last 10 years of gaming have turned me into a pessimist but I don't see the logic in updating a legacy game like this. Blizzard doesn't need any sort of "good will" gimmicks considering its transitioning into a F2P company. I'm so confused. :psyduck:

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

George posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Well to be fair a lot of the industry is moving that direction and you can't blame them. You look at the numbers and games like League of Legends and Candy Crush dominate sells. Its what people want. Blizzard's last three are Hearthstone, Heros of the storm and now Overwatch. Diablo 3 wasn't a bad game but it also wasn't what I and a lot of other people wanted from a sequel to Diablo 2. None of the games I've mentioned are bad but they haven't been ground breaking in any real way. Just polished versions of what the market already has to offer. The company has comfortably settled into its old man's lazy boy chair and quietly counts its money. A lot like what valve does now.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
On the current state of botting according to the people at project etal.

quote:

With today's patch of 1.14a Blizzard managed to break almost every know bot including D2BS, D2NT, kolbot, etal, qqsitter, rouge of diablo, stealthbot, etc... They did this by removing the dll's from the games directory's preventing the bots from using their functions to interact with the game.

I'm hearing people are updating the bots to work but I stopped playing a month before the patch came out so I'm not privy to which one to watch.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Most people I saw before I quit were hurricane/tornado but I always had more fun with the werewolf builds. I had a fury druid that could do ubers which was :krad:.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me if that company has a closely guarded dupe hack. I like to tinfoil hat it up and think its a blizzard employee behind it all. Its also pretty insane at the bot networks people have set up. On d2jsp people advertise 1-99 leveling jobs within a weeks time and have 100-300 dtoches for sell quite often. The amount of accounts needed to run that poo poo is mind boggling.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
With how old the code base is and with the likelihood of no one still working there that programmed any of the original game I could see them having some trouble. I'm still curious where this is all going though. A company doesn't do anything unless there's money at the end of the road. I don't see pumping any resources into the old girl would bring around enough attention/revenue to break even on the investment. Maybe they'll mind gently caress us all and drop a DLC expansion with ladder reset. A new class or two and another act. Would be pretty dope.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 19, 2016

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
You might get a faster answer by messaging one of the bigger D2 speedruners on twitch. Theres the Llama dude and one other that also gets 100+ people. Even one of the smaller ones might help you out.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
This is totally :tinfoilhat: but I bet 20 bucks someone on the inside gets kickbacks secretly working with d2 item sellers.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So whats Blizzard's end game here with Diablo 2? The only reason I could see them fixing wardens code for an 18 year old game is to get it ready for an HD remake. Whats the point of getting rid of botters at this stage? I know they have gently caress you money but it still seems silly to use resources for it just out of the kindness of their hearts.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Does it still work with the latest patch? I thought the Hero Editor stopped being supported awhile ago.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I got on to slash diablo but its empty :/ My play hours are off peak so that isn't helping. Anyone mess with Path of Diablo?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Has there been any talk of instanced loot? I don't want to click fight on Baals corpse anymore and multiplayer was always more fun even if chaotic.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Where do you farm in nightmare if you're playing the PD2 mod? I'm trying to gear up a pure frozen orb sorc for hell. Is it actually worth farming in nightmare or should I push for hell meph runs?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Trading blows. As lovely as the d2jsp community is I really miss it for trading right now. Does anyone have a decent understanding of the project diablo 2 economy. Can I just sell everything I magic find for world stone shards and do my trading that way? People only want runes and trying to price check and convert and not getting taken advantage of sucks.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 21, 2021

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Hey thank you very much. That alone will go a long way in helping me decide how to trade in the future.

On a side note I've seen these videos pop up on reddit the past few months. Has anyone else seen em? A lot of good jokes and use of in game sounds for long time players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtMosmddbo

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
To the folks playing Project Diablo 2 what builds are you finding fun this season? I've hit a point I can farm most of hell with this frozen orb sorc and I'm starting to collect some runes. I'd like to move on to maps so I need to start thinking of a new character. Trap sin seems to be the hot poo poo right now but thats just going to make gear expensive so I dunno. Thoughts?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Alright, I'll have to check for a few guides for the barb and see what thats about. I never played one even back in vanilla. Also, I had baal drop me a useless small charm. Since his charms are ilvl 99 should I bother to reroll this thing? I know your suppose to reroll the grand charms for skillers but what about the small ones?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I blew 8ish high runes over the last couple of days putting together a multishot zon and I regret it. It can't really MF for me and mapping isn't great. Some of the gear is low roll and I don't have the bankroll for the charms to tie the build together. I bit off more then I could chew. Bleh. I made my self feel better by buying 6 skillers and just went back to my frozen orb sorc.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
yeah PD2. Its a low ED % unsocketed windforce with a useless corrupt I got for cheap. I think this is where I screwed my self a little bit. I went too cheap on the weapon and now I can't afford a good one lol. I have like 4 high runes and 40 wss. I could roll my luck with a puzzlebox but then I'd still need to buy the ED/IAS jewels or the OHM runes and thats money I ain't got.

The character /can/ clear tier 1 maps with some decent density but for what I've spent on it the experience sucks. My damage isn't high enough that it makes baby sitting the wisp/merc/valk and general survivability a pain. I think its just a build I didn't realize was going to be so high rune hungry. I watched this dudes video on his zon but didn't stop and really price out his gear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPSiiOjzcc&t=63s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is anyone playing the new season of PD2? Lightning Fury got buffed so I rolled a zon to start. Got to around 70 and realized I wasn't having much fun so I swapped to a golem necro. I can do NM cows alright with this necro so I'm probably going to farm them for a while and see what drops.

I started the last season a month late so its nice to be on the ground floor of this one.